• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Hey all

Hey all, im new to this forum. Didnt know of its existence until last week, but it looks like a great place to gather and share information and get inspiration!

My story short: I first came into contact with Warhammer at the age of 12, back in 1992. My buddy back then was playing Undead and i really loved his old Nagash. But as he was playing undead, i opted for chaos, so we could actually play eachother.
After lots of years i kinda quit the game. However it always was in the back of my mind. So after like a 15 year break, it felt right to start again. To my big surprise, Warhammer was no more and AoS was the new game. I do like the new models and wanted to follow my heart this time and started collection Undead.

Luckely for me, old buddies from back then, still had quite a bunch of old metal mini's. They now stand in my cabinet, waiting to get painted.

At this point i dont have the real intention of playing much, just wanna paint and make a beautiful army. Mixing old with new mini's and love it!

Hope to find a lot of inspiration here and post my minis soon!

Cheers!

Welcome, I came back last year to find the same as you, and decided it was time to abandon new rules (simpler isn't better imo) and go back to my favourite edition of the game with 6th. I was always an undead/vampire count/tomb kings player since I was 15, so I keep building those two armies, while building a playable army of each faction to make it more fun for people visiting to play. Since I restarted, twelve other people with thirty-nine armies (including my own) have sprung up locally. I love the new minis for a lot of the armies. My Lizardmen is built almost exclusively from AoS boxes. The ghosts they're releasing for Vampires look great as well.

Thanks!

I do like the round bases actually, so i am making them all round. But i guess both can be used in WFB and AoS.

my problem with all the rounds is that all the movement and shooting depends on the corners and you can't rank them up. I'll stick with squares for my R&F guys. occasional monsters don't fit on the squares though.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Welcome to Carpe Noctem @Saikological ! Glad to have you here :) The painting and modelling side of the hobby is strong here, so you will find lots of support and inspiration here.

As for the bases, while you can use squares in AoS (even if it isn't perfect), you can't use rounds at all in WFB. Still, if you're not too much into playing, then that's not much of a problem ;)

Thanks guys!

Nice to see you here @Borgnine; have been checking out your website for your cool minis and painting! Really love your work!

A few friend of mine do play the old warhammer still, but i guess they wont mind the round bases. I will stick with those at this point ;-)

Welcome aboard!

If you manage to embrace the "no more ranks & facing" concept of AoS, it's a pretty nice and tactical game.
And undead rule!

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Welcome to the forum :). It's always particular pleasing for me to meet someone else who can remember the original Warhammer Armies Undead, especially given that it means I feel less old :D. I hope that you enjoy participating in the community here.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
I'm glad that you're enjoying your experience here and that you've been suitably inspired. Please do feel free to share the results of this inspiration by posting topics in suitable places on the forum :).