• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Hi

Hi guys and gals,

I was a long-time lurker on the old site and didn't realise you guys were undergoing a revamp (re-VAMP! Geddit?! oh dear....:rolleyes:)

Anyway, with the new site looking oh-so-shiny I thought I'd officially introduce myself. Some people may recognise me from Asrai.org where I spend most of my time, hugging trees and the like...

I've played mostly Wood Elves for the past three/four years, but also have a Tomb Kings army that occassionally masquerades as a Lahmian force. I've always fancied doing a Blood Dragon themed list, but never quite got round to it...

Anyway, with the new VC book looming around the corner, I thought I'd re-acquaint myself with the ways of the Vampire so here I am!

See you around ;)

Raziel

Crypt Horror
Welcome to the site! If you need motivation for painting an army check the link in my sig, It'll be a great help to you, and we need/I want as many armies represented in that thread.(yeah, shameless pouncing on the new guy)

Thanks for the warm welcome! As for needing motivation, it's not that I lack when it comes to painting - it's an extreme lack of cash! Being an impoverished, tax-dodging student, I usually don't have much to spare for Warhammer and the tiny bit I do get is usually splashed out on my beloved Woodies :D

I was thinking of converting a load of Black Knights etc. after the new book comes out probably from Empire or Bretonnian Knights so that I can do it a bit cheaper :D If that happens, I might eventually be able to get a decent army going...

Although the new skellies do look rather fetching...;)

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Beithir Seun said:
Although the new skellies do look rather fetching...;)
They'll be horridly expensive though :(

I love them too.

Welcome to the forum. You might vaguely remember me as Quercia on Asrai, but I doubt it. Tried some come backs but didn't work.

I hope you like it here, even though your name and avatar seems to suggest wood elf business.

Quercia dei Eternita right? I remember, just about...how come you don't visit Asrai.org any more?

As for being too elfy, if I wrap my cloak around me tighter and growl a bit I'm sure I'll fit right in ;)

Grish

Liche
True Blood
A wood elf spy! Nail him I say! Nail some sense into him!

You'll quickly turn to the Vampires when you realize how un-dainty (is that even a word?) they are. And how much fun it is to to slam into your opponent than dancing around taking pot shots.

darkmark

Black Knight
Hes not the first woody spy here he he anyways nice to see a familiar face =)

just don't invite that trouble maker rammie here too!

Well, with the fuss Rammie is kicking up about the VC rumours, this will be the last place to find him! ;)

It's good to see you here too DarkMark, not heard much from you of late over on Asrai.org. Last time was something about the new dragon model IIRC...

Master Vampire: What made you stop collecting? Or did you just fancy a change? :D

darkmark

Black Knight
indeed I've been a little, actually a lot really, busy with my new born and visiting family over in grimey London. Hence the lurker role over there. If I get enough peace though I just might get some models finished and posted!

Arion

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Welcome! ,may recognise me as the inactive member eldorthil, on asrai. Now.... to get you to fit in.... you must be dead :grin: 'Shoots with magical bow'. Done.

enigma

Skeleton
gday beithir :)

i used to peruse asrai... and only recently signed up again but never introduced myself... guess i got something to do now :tongue:

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Hehe I have a tendancy to swap an army when it get released, and collect and outdated army...

But I think I will stay on here this time, having paid for most things (yaargh this is a paid for crypt) :lol:

I should have known I'd find you here AMA ;) Thanks for the welcome

Arion: Cheers for that, now to test if it worked!

Enigma: I look forward to that introduction :D

MV: Money well spent. I love what you've done with the place! ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!