• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

How old is Mannfred von Carstein

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
This has never really occured to me before but has anyone ever wondered how old Mannfred is, when he was sired, who he was before he was sired?

I ask this because he was sired by Vlad who by all accounts is Vashanesh yeah?
Who is from ancient Nehekhara and if mannfred was the first to be sired by Vlad then surely that makes him from Nehekhara as well doesnt it?
Which means surely his original name wasnt Mannfred? and why would he decide to be von carstein as well rather than go off and start fresh himself under another name?

Does anyone have any light on this or is it just something that GW hasnt considered in the slightest??

Thanks

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
well, a quick look at his Carpe Noctem profile has him at about 16... this really is a rather personal enquiry though isn't it? :perv::tongue:

Uziel

Vargheist
Dreeadgrass: I'm sort of guessing that this answer may have left Christophe a little disappointed, yet with a good chuckle.. hehe :)

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
According to wikipedia, mannfred states that he was around at the time of sigmar.

Uziel

Vargheist
Where did they get that from I wonder?
I've seen some odd wikipedia facts concerning warhemmer here and there, so I would not necessarily count that as very accurate (unless the source of that proves to be true).

I had the golden opportunity of meeting author Steven Savile, who wrote the Vampire Wars trilogy. The cool part about that is that most of the stories in the book are now considered "fact" by the Warhammer lore team, only a few things aren't adopted as fact, (you will notice this by reading the fluff changes from 7th ed to 8th ed for our army book)... however back on point

In the book it describes Mannfred as Vlad's FIRST get and closest loved one (Isabella aside), Mannfreds obsession with learning more from ancient tomes and sources of magic most likely derives from personal knowledge Vlad had of Nehekhara, perhaps even being alive at the time the Vampires fled. Mannfred also holds grudges against some of the oldest bloodlines of the empire, some bloodlines even existing before the formation of the empire.

sorry i cant give you a closer estimate to his age but i hope i helped a bit

*edit- as for starting his own bloodline, he wasn't one of the lucky few to drink the tainted elixir, so he is definitely bound to Vlad to a certain degree, also it is described in the aforementioned book that members of the same bloodline can sense each other in passing, so if Mannfred did decide to start his own bloodline Vlad would know it just as he can sense Vlad's get

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
So he could well originally be from ancient Nehekhara or at least a time between then and the founding of the empire thanks Unanswered and lol I see what you did there dreadgrass not helpful but a little funny once I finally clicked as to what you did :slapface: