• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Hyperlink Problem

Vipoid

Necromancer
(If it matters, I'm currently running Firefox)

Anyway, I was trying to post a link to my 'SGK AND Master Necromancer at 2000pts' thread.

However, when I try copying the address and using the hyperlink button, something seems to go wrong: This Thread.

(In case you can't tell, the only words I wrote and highlighted with the Hyperlink button were "This Thread.")

I also tried just pasting the link directly onto the page, but got similar results:

https://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-SGK-AND-Master-Necromancer-at-2000pts--27168

For some reason, it only seems to be this thread that causes an issue - I've tried hyperlinking to a few different threads, and they seem to work fine. o.o

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
The issue is with the SGK abbreviation- the inclusion of the scroll over text unfortunately breaks the link.

Vipoid

Necromancer
Lynks said:
The issue is with the SGK abbreviation- the inclusion of the scroll over text unfortunately breaks the link.
Ah, I see.

I'll bear that in mind when naming threads. ;)

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
If you would really like to link a thread but you are having this issue you could use a URL shortener like TinyURL and then rename the hyperlink

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Yes this is a known problem which is very irritating. Hopefully this will not be an issue when we transfer to new software.