• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Jon Skellan

Zombie
Oct 9, 2019
Lille
Hello,

I'm starting a thread here to focus a bit onto my main army.

Her's a picture of some things I have, which displays my acute problem: there is always new stuff. So I work a bit on one of my Wight Kings, and then something with MUSHROOMS comes up and I have to paint them. Then I paint a shield for my Vampire Lord (I'll get back to that) and I notice I have a treasure with books that need runes, so I draw the runes. Then I realize I should really try realistic water in my fountain (did not work as expected for some reason). Then I get back to painting smoke white on a Nighthaunt and I realize I have to try Thousand Sons blue, so I paint a bit of Tzeentch cultists, then I switch to tryin some fire effects on another Nighthaunt, add some decay on a Skeleton, build my Ghoul Duke (the bats that come with his team are awesome, I'm think of getting multiple boxes to use as Giant Bats).

So I have a problem.

Anyway, back to my Vampire Lord. I want him to be Crimson, but I'm just out of painting some Space Marine Mephiston Red and it turns out it lacks oomph, when you have only red and gold (though, it's a lot because I'm no super painter, and I use GW brushes which decay fast than zombies). I'm now considering doing the Zombie Dragon with Thousand Son blue on the bones or possibly the flesh, and Crimson (Mephiston Red) wings, or the opposite. I'd then mix and match armor parts for my vampire, blue and red, plus gold.

Does anyone have experience with such a scheme, or advice like "keep the bones bone-colored ya dummy".

Attachments

• DB233A4D-44E1-4192-B953-E78F360A048B_1_105_c.jpeg
    DB233A4D-44E1-4192-B953-E78F360A048B_1_105_c.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 8242AAFA-2778-4CA7-84AE-EBD9DE97436D_1_105_c.jpeg
    8242AAFA-2778-4CA7-84AE-EBD9DE97436D_1_105_c.jpeg
    223.3 KB · Views: 17

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu