• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

I joined the herd.... so apperently I'm either a paedophile or a pervert

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I'm a Brony....which means I like the cartoon My Little Pony Friendship is Magic :redface:...yeah this is a rather new thing for me I've only just started watching the show for a couple weeks now and Its genuinly funny and actualy makes me laugh.... but then I found some article on the web saying only paedophiles and perverts like the show and as much as I preach to hell with what other people think this stung abit :(....whats everyone else think does Liking a cartoon about techni-colored talking ponys mean I'm going to go creep outside schools in a trenchcoat

xFallenx

Grave Guard
I sympathize with you. My little girl has watched the whole Netflix MLP catalogue three or four times now and I really don’t mind it. There are other things I would rather watch, unfortunately, none of them include her, so watching the ponies is time well spent.

I’ll take it two steps further:
1) When I tuck the wee mite into bed we play the “My Little Pony” ap game before I read her bedtime story. We’ve since gotten the bride to play so that we can take advantage of that particular hook for otherwise un-available ponies.
2) Why are the majority of male’s inbred rednecks?
All of which I find, unfortunately, much less embarrassing to talk about within our circle of friends when compared to collecting models of hydra’s, dragons & ghosts to play tabletop games with.

Now, if you’re talking about watching them on your own with a tub of peanut butter and a box of twinkies…well, you’re a pedo creep and should stay 2,000 meters from any school zones ;). Or you can let the anonymous internet zealots have their book/opinion/moral/ sacrifices & burnings without you.

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
Well, as Brony's, you're eccentric; but as long as you keep your trousers on while watching, that's cool. As for the the jerks with their 'outraged' reactions- who was it chased a PAEDIATRICIAN out of her home? F U C M-say what you see.

Zhatan

Necromancer
Elzanith said:
lol I hate that show........you know what?

Haha I like that one.

@OP
I have never seen the show so I can't really comment on it but saying someone is a pervert or pedo for watching it seems a bit much.
Still assuming you are an adult I'd say it's pretty weird to like a childrens show about magic ponies.

Elzanith

Grave Guard
Zhatan said:
Elzanith said:

Haha I like that one.

@OP
I have never seen the show so I can't really comment on it but saying someone is a pervert or pedo for watching it seems a bit much.
Still assuming you are an adult I'd say it's pretty weird to like a childrens show about magic ponies.
You think thats bad? Try telling a group of 50 year old men Bronies suck......Not my smartest move when half my Wolrd of Tanks team had the clan tag [Brone].................

*cough*

Anyhow I say you turn your ponies into glue and make some more vampires! (Or zombie ponies....i will accept zombie ponies)

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Elzanith said:

..xD

I never understood the appeal of the pony-thing. Even found it strange that my younger relatives like it but ah well! Everyone has their tastes ( no matter how weird!).

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Elzanith said:
thats actualy the stuff that turned me into a brony I wondered why all the hate so I watched an episode and got hooked I like the positive message and the zanny moments, and the fan-made music is pretty cool
[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uLTl0y5YM[/video]

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'll never get the brony-stuff but whatever floats your boat. I think it's going way too far to call people who like it pedophiles. I mean I still watch Transformers G1, they are so freaking funny at times, so that makes me want to touch little unmentionables too? :slapface:

Also, solipsism my friend. You cannot ex[ect everyone to be on the same levels as you with all your likes and dislikes. Just enjoy whatever the heck you want and let others go f themselves.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I feel I should clarify something I only watch the Cartoon I don't go out and buy the toys, or god forbid Clop to it (jerk off) thats just creepy I just put a half-hour aside every Saturday morning to sit down eat my bowl of cereal and watch Techni-colored ponies have adventures.

Count Lasombra

Vampire Count
True Blood
I just watched this and found it interesting.I agree with the views expressed.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/1lT1c7DTSHI[/video]

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
That video was very interesting; I always find pseudo-philosophical ramblings rather fun to listen to, but I fear my mind does not comprehend the fallacies of arguments to really see when people are making good points or not. I often wonder when I see something like that and think they make different points, what someone more learned would think of such things.

Although the issue of gender roles, and fluidity/transmission of ideas does make a lot of things quite muddled, especially for people who lack the ability to really put in thought for themselves :ghost:

But really, I mean, watching/enjoying a cartoon is hardly something to be up in arms about; But some things are a bit farther than people really need to take them. And for GK88, I think it's kinda silly to title the thread as you did, considering how that paints peoples mental image of the situation, what with you needing to clarify your standing afterwards? I mean, you aren't exactly a broney per se, although some people might consider just watching the cartoon a bit too far, the way you phrased it certainly could make people think worse of the subject.

Hell, my Plog here on the forums is called "My Little Vampires", which is quite directly a reference to that show, though I have never watched it, or really involved myself with it besides any sort of meme.

Hmm, I wonder if the name of my Plog turns people away? I bet Elzanith has never looked at it :pumpkin:

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Its things like this that actually really irritate me.

I try and live by the idea that you should let others do and feel what they want as long as the aren't hurting someone else. So what if someone wants to watch a cartoon about ponies, if it makes that person happy then leave them alone! Surely its better they do that than a lot of things that do hurt someone else.

I'm well known for enjoying things on the..ah.....outer limits :perv: My reaction to those who have a problem, mind your own business. Until what I am doing impacts you in some way, what you think has nothing to do with me.

Enjoy the show Ghouly xD