• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Atty1988

Skeleton
Nov 28, 2010
Now iv not used something like bloodknights(frenzy/big points sink) before or the idea of a deathstar style unit either for that matter but i wanted to have a little go at a list anyhoo.

I just really want some of the new models in my army and i cant justify buying them without using them fairly often so would like to create a decent well rounded list.

I will warn you now that i havnt had the chance to play many 8th edition battles so im not too sure how it will tie in with the new hoardes of enemies and powerful magic phases.

Any ideas and suggestions as to improvements and amendments are greatly appreciated.

Lord - dreadknight, blood drinker, crown of the damned, other tricksters shard
Wight king - BSB, Hoff banner, lance, barded steed
Thrall - Lore master, flayed hauberk, channeling staff
40 Ghouls - Ghast
20 Skels - FC
25 Grave gaurd - GW, FC, flaming banner
5 Blood knights - FC, balefire lance, banner of strigoi
Total - 1995

Much thanks for reading :thumbsup:

Count Lasombra

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 10, 2010
Memphis
Looks decent,I'd give your general the Dragon helm for the 2 plus ward vs. flaming attacks.
You don't need to justify your purchase,do it cuz it feels good ;)

Jul 15, 2011
I'd consider giving the lord the Dread lance and Red Fury instead. Its a total of 110 points of items and powers, but its 4 attacks that auto hit at strength 7 on the charge, and then realistically an extra 3 attacks...that also auto hit. Definitely worth the points in my opinion, special in a challenge, you will massively win combat.

Atty1988

Skeleton
Nov 28, 2010
harrison_greene said:
I'd consider giving the lord the Dread lance and Red Fury instead. Its a total of 110 points of items and powers, but its 4 attacks that auto hit at strength 7 on the charge, and then realistically an extra 3 attacks...that also auto hit. Definitely worth the points in my opinion, special in a challenge, you will massively win combat.

The lord isnt really there for the damage aspect, he keeps the unit alive with any IoN he might get away with, and the blood drinker to add those extra wounds or two which i will probably suffer sooner or later and finally basically negating ward saves for the nasty ass knights to do some chopping.

My champ will take challenges if need be, plus if i was to take the lance/fury combo i would need to find more points to fit it in because i need decent saves on him aswell being the glue that holds my army together.

I couldnt take out from core as im pretty much on my minimum, i dont want less than 25 in my GG or find they wont be a big enough threat to kinda take some focus off the BK's, the skeletons again are core, and i really want a thrall to help my army keep marching since the general will probs be on the flanks coming in.

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
That list actually seems really solid, I would prefer to have seen even unit numbers for the Ghouls and skeles but that is just my personal preference, since i have a hatred of bunkering. Though with only 2 blocks in 2000, discounting the bunker, i think you might be a bit out maneuvered, otherwise I would play this army myself

Atty1988

Skeleton
Nov 28, 2010
lynks said:
That list actually seems really solid, I would prefer to have seen even unit numbers for the Ghouls and skeles but that is just my personal preference, since i have a hatred of bunkering. Though with only 2 blocks in 2000, discounting the bunker, i think you might be a bit out maneuvered, otherwise I would play this army myself

the 20 skels are only there for core minimum, and its because they have the option for a banner in case i ever end up in that banner capturing scenerio, such a shame ghouls cant take banners!!

Plus my Thrall isnt in the bunker its in with the ghouls at the front, i only bunker my wizards if im going full on magic, il probas take vamp with him anyway and use him for SuH and the likes, the skels will hopefull follow along as a possible flank chage on whatever is attacking my ghouls kinda like a detachement lol

Vorizah Vukotic

Skeleton
Nov 26, 2010
Nottinghm
nice list but lose the channeling staff, on average in a 6 turn game you will generate 1 addional power dice, not worth it for the points, go for book of arkhan or dispell scroll instead

akiro27

Wight King
Oct 1, 2010
Minnesota
In what formation are you going to run your BK/Lord/WK unit? 7-wide or 5-wide? Curious because I've been considering something similar.

We usually play 2250 games and it's very difficult to run BKs at those points without putting all your eggs in one basket. Man, when those BKs hit tho ... look out!

-aki

Atty1988

Skeleton
Nov 28, 2010
akiro27 said:
In what formation are you going to run your BK/Lord/WK unit? 7-wide or 5-wide? Curious because I've been considering something similar.

We usually play 2250 games and it's very difficult to run BKs at those points without putting all your eggs in one basket. Man, when those BKs hit tho ... look out!

-aki

That sir, is a very good question lol and not one iv thought about.

However because you have brought this to mind i think a basic 7 wide would do the trick. Theres plenty big units to run into these days and even in the flank im sure to get most into contact, but having my WK on the end so i can leave him out of caombat was one idea i was thinking of.

Imagine the shame of a WK being killing blow'd or something like that lol i know their tough but i dont wana take chances with him too much tbh.

Uthiliano

Black Knight
Mar 10, 2009
Aarhus
I'd go with the 2+ WS vs fire on lord if you keep him with regen... if you're afraid of KBs you can even take the cuirass and still save 15 points...
As you can't use both a WS and regen at the same time the 4+ WS seems a bit of in my oppinion...

Channeling staff is a wierd choice over Black Periapt or summat but not that worthless... (not 1 dice pr game but rather 2 since you roll in all the phases (yours and the enemies...)

You could also really do with a necromancer and MotBA... You have quite a bit of potential not used in your lord yet you seem to keep him at the most valuable unit in the army... If you use him like that I'd go all out on stuff to boost him - as if that unit goes it's pretty much game...

Also agree with 7 wide ofcourse :)

/Uthiliano

Atty1988

Skeleton
Nov 28, 2010
Uthiliano said:
I'd go with the 2+ WS vs fire on lord if you keep him with regen... if you're afraid of KBs you can even take the cuirass and still save 15 points...
As you can't use both a WS and regen at the same time the 4+ WS seems a bit of in my oppinion...

Channeling staff is a wierd choice over Black Periapt or summat but not that worthless... (not 1 dice pr game but rather 2 since you roll in all the phases (yours and the enemies...)

You could also really do with a necromancer and MotBA... You have quite a bit of potential not used in your lord yet you seem to keep him at the most valuable unit in the army... If you use him like that I'd go all out on stuff to boost him - as if that unit goes it's pretty much game...

Also agree with 7 wide ofcourse :)

/Uthiliano

As in the other post yea il change my lords equip for immune KB and the 2+WS stuff, plus possibly a different weapon.

Im still unsure on the channeling staff, the periapt might jus be the better choice in the end so i might swap it round.

I wouldnt mind having a MotBA and Necro in my list but i simply dont know where to find the points for it, also i wouldnt mind some more powers on my lord but again the points lol

Any more ideas?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu