• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
“Don’t allow them desecrate the monastery! Fight the dead! Let them rest!” screamed the captain of the Knights, the black rose emblem shining on his shield as he smashed it into the oncoming skeleton. All around the captain his knights fought with the help of a few witch hunters, slashing down the living dead, yet they only rose again as did his own fallen comrades, such an insult to the knights of Morr! With a hiss he realised they couldn’t hold out against the horde of death that fought against them with a yell he commanded his men to fall back into the holy building, yet even in the chaos this order was executed with the utmost precision and discipline. Entering the holy building he looked around at the gathered priests of the God of Death and at the symbols hanging from the walls, dark roses, ravens and the stone portal. With a slight shake of his head he looked back to see the last of his men fall back into the refuge
“Shut the Doors!” Yelled the captain and he watched as the great double doors were dragged shut, yet even as they closed, he saw the source of this dark and blasphemous attack…the creature wore long black robes and seemed to be cloaked in shadow, from his belt hung several strange items including a tattered scroll and a human skull, in his hand was a long wooden staff covered in glowing ruins…this was a Necrarch vampire!

V’azrin smiled faintly as he saw the great double doors of the structure be closed against him, with a faint shake of his head he strode forward to the front of his forces line
“Reshorn! Attend me!” ordered the vampire and in a flash his get was at his side
“Yes Master?” enquired the younger Lord of Death with a smile
“Take the doors down…I think even you might be able to manage that if you concentrate hard enough” mocked the elder
With a smirk Reshorn began chanting a destructive incantation, as he yelled the last of words of power flame smashed into the doors followed by a wave of shadow, the large doors were no match against the joined power of both the Lore of Fire and Shadow. As the doors buckled and collapsed inwards the horde of skeletons and zombies surged forward to fight the knights.
V’azrin strode into the monastery with an arrogant strength, looking around he sensed that none of the priests here posed a threat as they muttered their useless prayers…that is apart from one who wore the markings of some sort of higher rank, his faith was such that the winds of magic flowed around him but even as V’azrin contemplated the danger this man posed he saw his apprentice making his way towards the human. Just after this observation a human knight came running at the elder Bloodsucker, with a smirk V’azrin dropped his staff and in one quick motion picked a discarded blade of the ground. The human slashed at the creature of death who blocked the attack and countered with his own, the exchanged lasted a few minutes until the blade was knocked out of the vampires hand.
Never was much good with a blade thought V’azrin to himself with annoyance as he saw the knight smirk and charge him, easily side stepping the slow mortal V’azrin brought his fist down and smashed through the warriors helmet crushing his skull. With a shake of his hand to discard and brain tissue he picked up his staff again and looked around at the on going battle
“Ah, this is going wonderfully” the Necrarch said no one in particular
“You think so?” answered an angry voice
It took V’azrin a few moments to realise he wasn’t hearing things, there was a human standing just to his right, his armour was different but had the same symbols on it, that could only mean he was of a higher rank
“Ah...the commander I presume? A pleasure to meet you good sir, but as you see I have no time for conversation…I am here for the pretty book that sits on that alter, I hear there are secrets of necromancy hidden within that you little worshippers of your pathetic god wish to hide from others. Well I shall be taking it now and probably your corpses too and some living samples for experimentation of course”
The knight stood looking flustered and rather annoyed by this statement “You dare to presume…you think…Curse you! All this for a single book! Lie down and die you foolish corpse!” Screamed the captain who slashed his sword at the vampires head, however his attack was too slow and was blocked his opponent, the battle raged on the skill of the captain holding off the superior strength and speed of the Undead Mage, then their weapons locked and as the captain attempted to push back the creature it spoke in a rasp
“You think to stop me knight? Let me tell you something, I raised this horde on my own…do you see any necromancers here? NO! YOU DO NOT! Let me tell you why captain, I brought the dead here to life! I am still bringing them to life and directing them with my will! What does that mean little human? It means that I am devoting part of my power and mind to the battle and another small part to this personal fight of ours…whilst you, you must devote all your energies to merely stay alive!”
The captain broke the lock by kicking one of V’azrins legs out from under him, the Necrarch fell for a moment but was quickly on his feet again, as the two exchanged blow the dead being deemed it time to speak again
“Give up servant of Morr! Serve the true master of death! ME! For in time only the Living dead shall inhabit the world! A world of the purest order with the disorder of life annihilated for all eternity! The dream of W’soran shall be shown to the entire world! So now die! Lie down and serve me in death!”
Blocking the staff the captain smiled coldly “You talk to much Vampire…perhaps you should look behind you”
“Hah! The oldest trick in the book!” sneered V’azrin
“Really?” enquired another, all to human, voice
Forgetting momentarily about the captain the Necrarch turned around to see a witch hunter standing with two guns pointed at him and suddenly curiosity overpowered him
“What are they?” Asked the Lord of death gazing at the two weapons
“Allow me to show you” Smirked the man and the sound of gunfire filled the air.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Reshorn smashed aside the knights with his long curved dagger and the occasional necromantic spell, as he reached his target he smiled
“High Priest of this facility I presume”
The old man gazed coldly at the vampire “You presume to attack this holy place? The Gods shall destroy you for your transgression? I take it you came for the book? I shall not allow it!”
“Ah yes…my master does want your book, I however am more interested in any pieces of art you may possess”
The priest started in confusion at this odd sentence before shrugging and raising a blade he had seized somewhere during the battle, whispering a prayer he struck at V’azrins apprentice, the bloodsucker parried the blow and smiled, just then he did the priest finished his prayer, as he did so Reshorn felt as if he had just attempted to look at the sun, his head filled with pain and his eyes became blinded by an intense light, screaming a word of dispelling he managed to rid himself of this surprising attack. As his eyesight returned and the pain faded he gasped as a new pain struck his left shoulder, he looked down to see the priest had stuck the blade right through him. Yelling angrily the undead necromancer tore the blade from his arm and quickly cast a dark incantation, which knocked the high priest away from him. As he advanced on the human he heard a loud sound, turning he saw his master being flung through the air by an unseen force, with a curse Reshorn turned to deal with the old mortal. Spining around Reshorn locked his eyes onto the priests and started his incantation, suddenly he felt the winds of magic shift, the priest was wielding them too but in a much less controlled fashion, his faith was protecting him!
Angrily Reshorn poured all his strength into the incantation, after a few angonising moments the magical struggle ceased and the dark magic blasted the old priest to the floor. The vampire lifted the priest of the ground with his left hand and hissed slightly
“A farewell drink my friend!” as he said this he sunk his fangs into the priest of Morrs throat, draining him dry.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
V’azrin lay on the ground for the moment dazed
“What in the name of W’soran was that!” he asked himself loudly, jumping to his feet he turned to see the witch hunter killing a nearby zombie, with a roar he flew at the man and tore his head from the rest of his body. Hearing a cry to his right he spun to see the same knight he fought earlier attack him, ducking his blow the dark mage muttered a quick spell that seemed to have no affect on the knight at all. The knight attacked the unarmed vampire who dodged each strike with godly precision; stepping quickly out of the Knights range he smiled “Feeling tired Knight? Is that steel in your hand getting heavy?”
The knight did then realise his armour felt too heavy as did his sword and shield, he let the shield drop and tore his helmet from his head, his breath was becoming ragged he looked at the vampire too see a smirk playing on his face
“Take of your gauntlet knight…look at your hand”
The knight looked warily at the vampire but he complied quickly, he then saw his hand was wrinkled with age with a gasp he shouted, “What have you done!”
“Oh the ravages of time…they come sooner than expected sometimes!” yelled the Necrarch Lord as he flew forward, once close to the knight he grabbed his wrist and with a quick twist broke it causing the warriors sword to fall to the ground.
“Look at your precious priest!” commanded V’azrin who assisted the knight by twisting him around to watch
The captain watched in horror as another vampire started to drink the blood from Moors high servant
“Thats right…I could do the same to you…but I will not, you will lie here to die –old- man, and then when your body dies it shall crumble to dust” with a flick of his wrist the Undead lord dropped the captain to the ground, leaning over he lifted his staff of the ground and called out for his apprentice.

The Necrarch Lord and his apprentice strode towards the alter their eyes fixed on the book, the fighting was over with only a few priests surviving, they were being held hostage by skeletons for later experimental usage. The Necrarch slowly extended his hand towards the book
“Master…maybe I should take the book first…it may be dangerous” said Reshorn in a worrying tone
“No! I want to touch it first!”
And so his hand touched the book…and went right through it, the book was an illusion! Casting his gaze around the room quickly he saw the end of a black robe flying up the stairs
“Reshorn with me! Someone has stolen the book from me!”
The two vampires sped up the stairs using all their unnatural speed; the older of the two reached the top first hissing as he saw what awaiting him
“I should of expected Wizards of the Amethyst Order interfering”
“Ah more mortals playing at magic” Mocked the vampiric apprentice
The three men gazed at their foes calmly, they were dressed in identical black robes with hoods over their heads, each held a scythe which no doubt functioned as a staff, the one in the centre, the oldest, also held the very item they had came here looking for.
“It appears the abominations have found us” said the wizard holding the book, from the way the two nodded at his words it appeared he was the leader.
“That book is MINE! I spent too much time planning this attack! Finding out exactly for how long that tome would remain in this area before being moved on again! Give it too me, its mine! I WANT IT!” Yelled V’azrin in an almost whiny voice, his eyes burning with madness
“Perhaps we shall destroy the book abomination? Would you like that?” asked the leader of the Wizards
V’azrin seemed to gain some control as his arrogant and mocking tone returned, “I think not miserable mortal, you do not have the power to destroy that item of dark magic”
“Perhaps not…but if all three of us were to use up our lives to do so?”
V’azrins eyes widened and he suddenly looked unsure “I would stop you…I…I will stop you!!”
Reshorn had already predicted his masters response, and as the elder Necrarch began his incantation Reshorn had finished his, flame smashed into the nearest and youngest wizard killing him instantly. Reshorn then unsheathed his long dagger and launched himself at the other wizard leaving the Leader for V’azrin.

The two leaders struck at each other magically, it became noticeable very quickly that V’azrin had the upper hand and so the wizard threw aside the tome and attacked the vampire with his scythe. In response V’azrin dropped his staff and held out his hand, suddenly a blade of the purest shadow was in his grasp, the blade moved in a blur blocking wizard’s attack. The wizard warded himself against damage and struck again as V’azrin cast a minor spell to knock the scythe down for a moment, then with a lightning quick thrust the blade slashed the wizards shoulder, as it did so the sounds of screaming, begging and weeping entered the wizards mind. The wizard however continued his attack by swinging his scythe at the undead creature but he parried it and struck back with another unnaturally quick thrust causing the sounds of torture build up in his mind. The mage attempted to cast a spell and but couldn’t concentrate due to the almost maddening sounds in his mind and he then saw a knowing smile play along the Necrarchs face.
“Can’t cast a spell? Allow me to explain why, this is the fang of Nagash, a spell I created all on my lonesome. It is lighter than any physical weapon and allows me to wield it skilfully despite my lack of any swordsman skill of any kind. Now here is the fun part, with every cut it gives the victim some sort of mental pain, this can vary but usually to nice and good men it is something along the lines of people being tortured…that’s it for you isn’t it? Now…I’m not going to kill you mage, but I shall…” Without warning the shadowy blade twice more give the Amethyst wizard two shall cuts on his arm and one on each cheek. The wizard yelled as the voices begging for mercy and screams of pain multiplied, he cried
“Kill me vampire!” tears poured down the mans face
“I think not”
Turning around V’azrin saw that Reshorn was holding one of the wizards in his arms, the poor boy was unconscious but alive
“Drink master…I am aware that our line doesn’t need to but it would be best to gather your strength after today’s events” the apprentice said
Quickly the Necrarch drained the young mortal, and then he walked over and lifted his staff and then his book
“Ah…at last, I shall read this later.” Grasping the book tightly he made his way out of the holy sanctuary, as he did so there was a smash from the upper windows, twisting around to see what was going on, V’azrin was just quick enough to see the surviving wizard throw himself out of the window and crash into the ground with a sickening thud.
“It appears he could not withstand the voices master”
“It would appear that is correct Reshorn” agreed the master vampire, with a flexing of his fingers all the bodies rose from the dead to carry out his will, Reshorn fell back to take command of the experiment samples and V’azrin made his way back to his tower.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Ah done!
This is just a quick story of V'azrin later on in life, just one of the things hes been up in more recent times.
Comments would be welcome ^__^
Thanks for reading!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Thoroughly enjoyed your writings once more. Good descriptions of the battlefield and you can see how your character as progressed form earlier in life. Fantastic.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu