• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

TVC II OOC I'm back....

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I'm posting here as to not sidetrack the OOC thread.

So as some of you have seen I am back (finally) and hopefully this is now be for the foreseeable future.

As I have said before, I am very sorry for these absences, especially as I know it really impacts the TVC.

That said, I didn't think it was fair just to stroll in, whilst I haven't caught up I see you have continued in my absence which I am really pleased to see.

So in short, the question is how are you guys getting along and do you actually want me to return and continue to GM? Please do not feel in anyway obligated to say yes either because of history or my position. I am well aware of my lacking in running this correctly, and whilst I would love to get back involved I think it is fair to leave this upto you guys.

If you feel that you are handling it well enough and have concerns then I will fully understand. No hard feelings xD

Of course if you do want me to GM, then I will do my best moving forward not to mess up anymore!

Cheers

DoN

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
I would like you to return as GM; we don't really have a clear idea of where we're going with this at the moment ... Whilst the thread for those going to the Silver Pinnacle (Chapter 4?) has continued, those of us going to the Wastes have been kind of stuck because we don't know what was meant to be happening once we left the portal/tunnel thingmajig, and as such we haven't had any progress since late March, and - whilst I have to admit that I haven't been reading it - from what I understand, nothing huge has happened in Chapter 4 ...

In short, yes, I would prefer for you to return as GM!

We all know that real life gets in the way at times, and TVC was always going to be a long, long process, with periods where not much happened. Whilst we may have hoped that, if it had to happen, it wouldn't until we'd become slightly more 'established', that's just the way it goes!

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Get back here to GMing! xD

But seriously, glad to see you're back DoN. We certainly need your help with moving the plot along abit, whilst chapter 4 has had some life breathed back into it the plot is still stuck at Simon leaving for the Abbey and the wastes chapter is dead in the water.

So I, obviously, would like you to return to your position as GM of TVC 2

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Nothing huge has happened in chapter 4? Why, I've removed for spoilers all in the space of a few short minutes.

In all seriousness, and to be honest, we need you back as a GM, as, experience and expertise aside, you're really the only one who knows where this is all going.

If you don't mind me saying, I think your priority should be chapter 5, as chapter 4 is chugging along merrily at the moment. Chapter 5 is where you are really needed, as Malochai says.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Return to ussss!

Then I can finally take apart with my little mortal character ( if she is approved x) )

Also welcome back!

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Harland said:
If you don't mind me saying, I think your priority should be chapter 5, as chapter 4 is chugging along merrily at the moment. Chapter 5 is where you are really needed, as Malochai says.
Agreed.

Chapter 4 has a nice camp scene going with the princess resting in the carriage and so it can go without any direct GMing right now.

5 is stuck though and has been for too long, hopefully everyone who entered the portal is still around!

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Great. Ok well I will need the next day or so to catch up (23:37 here now and missus is doing the thing where the walk around in a mood, whilst pretending their not....women xD). I'll make sure my priority is Chapter 5.

Looking forward to getting stuck in again.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Glad to hear you're back! xD

DoN, when I saw your bloodivine@talktalk.net email address, I really should have warned you. From past experience, I know that talktalk is a shameful internet provider, who leads people on merry dances and messes around with your internet even after you quit using them. I really want you to return to GM, as you are just too awesome not to be - you have a unique posting style which really should not be lost from the TVC; you are a natural RP director.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
You've got all the subplots, you've got the main plot in your mind (somewhere!), and you have control over key characters. 'fraid you're not going to get away without GMing this one!

However, perhaps an idea might be to delegate/decentralise the responsibilities just a little bit. I'm sure nobody (myself included) wants to depose you or anything, but if you're ever caught up in RL the whole thing just slows to a stop; if people could confidently be relied on to keep things moving as "semi-GMs", with the next little section of plot at least partially revealed to them, then they can advance the plot along (albeit at a slower pace) until you return, meaning the whole thing doesn't either halt or go disastrously off the rails because we had to guess what was coming. The "semi-GMs" can also help with sifting through recruitment, settle any queries or anything that gets thrown up by the roleplay, make sure there's no godmodding etc. At the moment you're bearing the full workload, so surely it would be better for everyone if "semi-GMs" were appointed to help share the effort?

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I totally agree with what Darvy's saying. Harland did a plot progression in chapter 4, and if you read that and the OOC thread in conjunction, you can see how effective semi-GMing can be. Obviously, it was limited (no full GM, so couldn't progress plot in certain ways) but it stopped chapter 4 from dying like chapter 5, whilst not screwing up the plot you had in mind for the chapter (I hope!).

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
Count Darvaleth said:
You've got all the subplots, you've got the main plot in your mind (somewhere!), and you have control over key characters. 'fraid you're not going to get away without GMing this one!

However, perhaps an idea might be to delegate/decentralise the responsibilities just a little bit. I'm sure nobody (myself included) wants to depose you or anything, but if you're ever caught up in RL the whole thing just slows to a stop; if people could confidently be relied on to keep things moving as "semi-GMs", with the next little section of plot at least partially revealed to them, then they can advance the plot along (albeit at a slower pace) until you return, meaning the whole thing doesn't either halt or go disastrously off the rails because we had to guess what was coming. The "semi-GMs" can also help with sifting through recruitment, settle any queries or anything that gets thrown up by the roleplay, make sure there's no godmodding etc. At the moment you're bearing the full workload, so surely it would be better for everyone if "semi-GMs" were appointed to help share the effort?
*breaks the chain* USERPER, GHOULY TEAR YOUR EYES!!

in all reality that's a very good idea:thumbsup: even if I did say it at the beginning

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I call Dibs on Liber Mortis and the TVC :vampire3: THEIR MINE!!!!!
TRY AND TAKE THEM FROM ME AND I WILL EAT YOUR FACE!!!!

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I do not dread to think that, in the dreaded event of a civil war on CN, you would be dreading the dreaded Dread King (of dread), thus, I am not afflicted by dread of dreading in the dreaded event of a civil war.

The only thing I dread is that I might have used incorrect grammar somewhere in that sentence.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
*duct-tapes DoN to a stick* SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW YOU MAGGOTS I GOT THE DoN-HAMMER 8 ARMOUR-PIRCING ATTACKS, KILLING-BLOW IF I ATTACK FROM THE REAR!!! COME ON IF YOU THINK YOUR HARD ENOUGH,

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
The Dread King said:
I do not dread to think that, in the dreaded event of a civil war on CN, you would be dreading the dreaded Dread King (of dread), thus, I am not afflicted by dread of dreading in the dreaded event of a civil war.

The only thing I dread is that I might have used incorrect grammar somewhere in that sentence.
I can barely express my dread at the prospect.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
No, no, I think it's all passable Dre-OH GOD A WEAK COMMA! ARAOIGFHSPdhspez;hofjvsnj ldfhkasiljdzbhlzs;/la;dfksgdms.nglkh;;jmjv,.k/jlk/;ljk

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I'll certainly have a look at how I can spread things about to make it less critical if I am not able to get on - it was something I was planning anyway for the site so a great idea :thumbsup:

Is Simon around? If not, who would be interested in working with me on this?

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
I haven't seen Simon in a while ...

I would love to have a role within TVC beyond a player, but, like I said in the Roll Call, until after my exams are over (just under a month) I probably shouldn't take on anything too time-consuming. After that ... I'm definitely happy to help. If you need someone now, I may have to step back

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
In the same boat as Malochai, but as always if you ever need anything you can call me... (not my phone, if you knew my number that would be slightly unnerving). xD

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I would enjoy it, but I might mess it up because I'm an RP noob.

I would suggest one or more of the following: Harland, Get, Darvy and/or Luci. All are expert RP'ers who can and do post frequently in the TVC, to a very high standard. Harland has shown that he can semi-GM already (he handled a plot progression pretty well) and I'm confident in the others too.

Edit: curses! Ninja'd!

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
As a dashingly handsome member of this glorious RP I would be happy to help in anyway I can.

However! I would also like to put Harland's name forward for a go to guy if you need help or such since as Dread said he is the one who helped bring Chapter 4 back to life :)

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Thanks for the advocacy guys. I would be happy to undertake such a roll, but I think for my sake it would be best if it waited a few weeks for my exams to be over. It's not like I'm doing a huge amount of studying now, but when they really get going I will go mostly under for a week or two.