• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Dreadlegions

Ghoul
Dec 7, 2007
Have any of you seen this?

EDIT TO ADD BETTER PHOTO: http://www.coolminiornot.com/314998

Sorry if it was already posted... but if not, it makes for wonderful inspiration.

This won an award at the UK Golden Demon and is featured in this month's White Dwarf:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/volomir3/blog/eventos/2012/GD%20UK%202012/IMG_1842_zps7053f19e.jpg

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Aye, very cool paintjob. The bloody wings are cool, I think the scheme will decorate my varghulf's wings too :konrad:

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
That is an unreal paintjob. A very, very skilled hand created that masterpiece. However, what does it say on the plaque? "When The Death Rising?"

the hidden one

Streets Ahead
Jan 20, 2012
Hmm...You know I think that I could beat him in a paint off. Just gotta put some paint stripper in his paints and I'm set!

Oh yeah, its also frickin phenomenal.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
In competitions like this, I swear on a tested and trusted tactic: When you have primed your models, going for the base colours and stuff, wait for a moment when he's distracted, then run at him at break his fingers with a hammer! Works everytime, just like the "beating chaos demons tactic"...

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
Does anyone know the name of that red tamiya product used to simulate gore, like on this model?

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Tamiya Clear Red X27. Mix it with a little black wash on the pallet.

-Edit- He's probably using one of those glue tricks for the stringy gore, though. If you're in the States, it can be tricky to hunt down.

Blutsauger

Vampire Count
Apr 10, 2013
Adam_Barrow said:
Tamiya Clear Red X27. Mix it with a little black wash on the pallet.

-Edit- He's probably using one of those glue tricks for the stringy gore, though. If you're in the States, it can be tricky to hunt down.

Beautiful. Thankyou. Yeah, I've seen tutorials on getting that 'string' effect with the gore, but I was more interested in the 'blood' effect used on the wings and shoulders. I've seen people achieve similar effects with that Tamiya clear red before, and I was unable to replicate it with washes, glazes and red paint.

Thanks again for that, I've already got a bottle ordered!

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
I use a small handful of the Tamiya Clear paints because I'm lucky enough to have a shop close by that carries the line. Clear Green is great for Nurgly looking bits. Glad I could help.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Karol Rudyk is starting to make me cry..ok, it's a 54mm model, but...but...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=285668584900879&set=a.285668398234231.1073741836.162503280550744&type=1&theater

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
I actually don't like that. The dragon on the Knight looks far too high quality for it to make sense. Though I am weird like that x) I like to see stuff on the model they might have actually been able to get fluff wise!

Klenval

Zombie
Mar 5, 2010
Shareya said:
I actually don't like that. The dragon on the Knight looks far too high quality for it to make sense. Though I am weird like that x) I like to see stuff on the model they might have actually been able to get fluff wise!

I totally agree. OK, the painting level is great, but the Pathfinder Core Rulebook Cover make no sense on this caparison.

In comparison with the Vampire, the Legacy of Kain reference make sense on his banner.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu