• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Interest Gauge - TVC-verse Vampire RP

Interested?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, given more information

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
So, whilst I don't have a plot-line ready, I'm wondering how many people would be interested in a vampire role play set in CN's TVC-verse. It would be before any of the events of either RP, but characters and whathaveyou will be crossable.

The story is like to be set in Nuln, but given the rivers there's the chance we could float down to Altdorf or even Marienburg should the occasion call for it.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
I'm interested! How long ago would it be set? I have a lot of characters planned for TVC with backstory in Nuln.

Attention to all prospective role-players: if this is happening before the events of TVC (another roleplay), then it's basically warhammer before end times happened. So you don't need entry knowledge, really.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
That has yet to be decided. Might start it just after Mannfred grabs control of Sylvania.

And yes, I should have mentioned that. The only difference between established fluff and TVC before this RP will be characters introduced, so as Dready says, there is very little foreknowledge of that RP necessary

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Actually I would prefer Malo's setting simply because it would be a lost more basic without the rising Triumvirate faction to factor in without Simon's constant support in filling in the facts for that time period.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Err...what are you talking about?

By "badasses" do you mean the player's characters?

1) They might appear?
2) They might not wanted to have joined the Council
3) may have died inbetween the RP and TVC

However, more importantly, I don't see your point. That's like asking why all of the guys from TVC 2 aren't also in TVC 1

Also if it's taking place just after Mannfred assumed control it's a good amount of time prior to TVC so it's not a direct prequel, they're just sharing a verse.

Plus no they don't, don't be silly.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
but the first council was awesome because it was the first time the bloodlines had all worked together since the fall of Lhamia if it happened before it ruins the TVC 1.

If we do it during the Termivite's uprising we can make it so the Carstines rise to power less Marty stuish

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Well it's up to Mal of course as he'll be the guy doing the story but I think it's needlessly difficult.

Also vampires have joined up before, in almost every story written on this forum it has bloodlines working together.

Sanai's RP that was sadly abandoned was about different bloodlines coming together to serve under a Strigoi.

There's plenty of possibilities.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Really? Because I can't see any other RPs around here doing that.

Just because a setting and time period is well established does not make it "overdone". And even if it took place in that era there's no reason the RP has to follow the battle, it's already been said it'll be taking place within the City of Nuln with possible excursions. Hardly a RP setting we see a lot around here.

Ghouly

Liche
True Blood
I meant the era is overdone with all the novels and stuff floating around for it
plus I want to murder Termivite soldiers like the worthless dogs they are

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
You see I think that's a weak premise because

1) The novels give us a strong base from which to start.
2) Trying to butcher Triumvirate Soldiers will just get your character killed, their is a reason the armies were skilled enough to conquer so much in a short period of time and if via the powers of being a sue they managed to survive then they wouldn't be accepted into Drakenhof during TVC 2. Where as the point of this RP is (if you want) to use your TVC character or a relation. - Better to avoid the point altogether rather than create some ridiculous plot hole.

Edit: Blah sorry for the poor typing, in work on the phone.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Well, I appreciate the discourse this has generated, and I value the opinions offered.

I do have a few points -

1) Bloodline Cooperation - Whilst the Bloodlines may not work together as a matter of course, there is indeed history of individuals working together in established fluff - even Mourkain would not have been possible without all bloodlines but the von Carsteins
2) Player characters from TVC - I probably worded the intent behind this poorly, because I meant 'crossable' in the terms of known characters and events; thus Karl and Mircea, say, might be known to von Carsteins, etc. I do not, therefore, expect the vampires from TVC to actually make an appearance.
3) Setting - I would prefer to avoid the post-TVC I setting, as that could lead to events which directly conflict with established TVC background, as I am not as intimately familiar with it as some. I would prefer to have a setting where as much of it is mine and I can add my own touch wothout being worried about disrupting someone else's.
Also, having had more time to mull over ideas, there is also a potential fluff issue related to characters and timelines with having it between TVC I & II
4) 'Prequel' - As mentioned above, I probably worded my intent badly previously. This is not intended to be a TVC Prequel, merely a story set in the same universe, so well-known names from one could potentially be mentioned in the other.
5) Player Characters - I am leaning towards all charavters being of the vampiric persuasion, however there is the potential for swains or human servants, which would open up some interesting opportunites. However, please realise that this would open the, up to ridicule and derision from other characters (IC) as they would likely appear inferior, fluff-wise.
There is also another issue I would like to make clear now - characters in this RP will be far less powerful than those in TVC. Whereas TVC characters are, on average, 5 on the Basic Stat scale, that is the average for a vampire lord, not a standard vampire. Thus, I would expect nothing more than 4 or 5's on that scale as a top-end, and I would like an IC explanation for that (intense practice, etc).
This RP will be set in the middle of a human city, during a time in Imperial history when humans were especially angered and disgusted by the vampires (for lack of me finding a better descriptor), and so beast-form vampires will find it difficult to fit into the human populace or move about. This is something to bear in mind when creating a character as it could seriously hamper user involvement and enjoyment (and this warning will be posted in the signup thread)
Finally, I would prefer realistic roleplaying, so there will be IC consequences for silly acrions and godmodding - for example, if the following occured, then the character would likely die or be injured so as to reinforce that fact

Lord Deathkill had grown bored of the fight and decided to end it. Leaping forward into the centre of the ratman horde he swung his sword out and slaughtered them all by himself with a single strike, his armour not even scratched as scores of skaven died by his blade

Kavok

Wight King
Hmm... I guess I would be interested. Actually play a blood knight from the get-go instead of starting with a working circulatory system.