• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Karthus

Zombie
May 10, 2012
I know this has been asked be4 but whats the general consensus on the invocation rule on Bloodknights and hexwraiths and wraiths. So do they gain back wizard lvl+1 wounds and only gain 1 wound each because of the ethreal or vampiric rule. Or is it the unit as a whole only gains back a single wound? Ive seen both sides of the fence just curious of your guys thought.

Feb 29, 2012
Canada
Karthus said:
I know this has been asked be4 but whats the general consensus on the invocation rule on Bloodknights and hexwraiths and wraiths. So do they gain back wizard lvl+1 wounds and only gain 1 wound each because of the ethreal or vampiric rule. Or is it the unit as a whole only gains back a single wound? Ive seen both sides of the fence just curious of your guys thought.

1 wound for the entire unit I do believe.

geordieclubba

Vargheist
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields
Raw is 1+ mglvl.
Major wording issue makes it this way.
Just because people think its wrong does not mean they cant do it
The way its written at the minute I feel is try desperatley to make ppl buy blood knights.
Anyone with modeling experience proberly wont and wud convert them, but there is no way gw can justify those prices for blood knights without giving them some kick ass rules and thats why I think the way it is written is the correct way to do it.

Lots of ppl will disagree with me but I think nothing will change in the errata, most likely an ogre faq scenario.

"oops we didnt intend that, but ah wat the hell"

Karthus

Zombie
May 10, 2012
So are we saying yes to blood knights as well as hexwraiths and rare choice cairn wraith groups?

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
you can possibly heal two wounds on a unit of cairn wraiths thought because if one is on one wound then you heal that wound, and you ressurect another who gains one wound. neither have had more than one wound healed. you can't go any further without doubling up however.

I play it that they mean units, not individual models so you can only ressurect one blood knig/ hex wraith etc. FAQ is quite neccesary here though

Karthus

Zombie
May 10, 2012
Johnny-Crass said:
Not Carin Wraiths as they have multiple wounds

SO lets say you have a lvl 2 necro. SO 2+1. Alright so 3 wraiths will be raised with 1 wound each, or only 1 wraith is raised with 1 wound. Also, hexwraiths would also be raised the same as bloodknights then, wizard lvl + 1, in this case 3 hexwraiths. Sorry for the constant reiteration this is just a weirdly worded area haha.

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jan 17, 2012
Omnipresent
You can't raise three wraiths on one wound because you have to fully heal the models you've got before you can raise new guys as per resurrecting fallen warriors

Questioner

Wight King
Jan 9, 2010
Ys, a major error. It does say Models, and of course you never use the mounts Wounds on them,so as written, it is 1+ ML.

Aug 31, 2009
I thought it said pretty clearly that if a unit has etherial or vampiric as a special rule you get 1 wound back only but I suck at reading rules.

wallisface

Skeleton
Feb 2, 2012
I think its pretty obvious that the intention when the book was written is that these models get only 1 wound back.. they may have gone and written it like muppets but i think it's still clear enough.

Velmates

Skeleton
Feb 3, 2012
Ohcyt The Destroyer said:
I thought it said pretty clearly that if a unit has etherial or vampiric as a special rule you get 1 wound back only but I suck at reading rules.

No, in fact it's not. It says that a MODEL with the vampiric, ethereal or large target special rule only gets one wound back. Above it says: "infantry gain D6 plus the caster's wizard level" and further "OTHER troop types targeted gain 1 plus the caster's wizard level in wounds". Since Blood Knights and Hex Wraiths are no infantry, the would gain 1+WL; same for Wraiths here (ethereal). Then, again it says models with vampiric and so on only gain 1 wound per MODEL. Since Hex Wraiths and Blood Knights only have one, the entire unit wound get 1+WL. You resurrect one, it's fully healed now, so you can pick the next. As with the Wraiths: you can heal one model at first. If this model is now back to it's full 3 wounds, you can resurrect one single other with 1 wound.

I think its pretty obvious that the intention when the book was written is that these models get only 1 wound back.. they may have gone and written it like muppets but i think it's still clear enough.

I think, the rules are written quite clear, that for sure. If this was GW intention ... now this is another discussion. I think it was not their intention. I think they wanted each UNIT to get one wound back.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
geordieclubba said:
Raw is 1+ mglvl.
The way its written at the minute I feel is try desperatley to make ppl buy blood knights.
Anyone with modeling experience proberly wont and wud convert them, but there is no way gw can justify those prices for blood knights without giving them some kick ass rules and thats why I think the way it is written is the correct way to do it.

Lots of ppl will disagree with me but I think nothing will change in the errata, most likely an ogre faq scenario.

I avoid the issue by not taking them at the moment but I secretly agree with you my friend. I think people will be surprised when we get our FAQ. GW needs you to buy that $99 resin set. SOOOOO happy that they got away from that expensive white metal and went to resin that melts on a warm day. :tongue: It's so much cheaper...wait..it isn't? :O

sonova

Skeleton
May 4, 2012
Yorga said:
geordieclubba said:
Raw is 1+ mglvl.

I avoid the issue by not taking them at the moment but I secretly agree with you my friend. I think people will be surprised when we get our FAQ. GW needs you to buy that $99 resin set. SOOOOO happy that they got away from that expensive white metal and went to resin that melts on a warm day. :tongue: It's so much cheaper...wait..it isn't? :O

Pretty sure they went to resin because players were bitchin about how heavy their cases were getting especially for air travel.

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
They went to resin because it is tons cheaper and therefore drives up their profit margin. 'Nuff said.

sonova

Skeleton
May 4, 2012
Yorga said:
They went to resin because it is tons cheaper and therefore drives up their profit margin. 'Nuff said.

That's actually very very false. The white metal costed next to nothing because its an alloy composed mostly of tin and other sub-industrial metals. Tin has skyrocketed in the last 10 years but its not hard to substitute a different metal for tin in the mix. You could easily use recovered metals for GW miniatures for example and 90% of the player base would be oblivious. EDIT: You are looking at anywhere between 5 cents to a dollar (at most) worth of metal for most of the old white metal line.

From experience building and painting other types of models and miniatures, resin actually costs more than metal to make because it requires a lot more human labour input per unit than metal injection moulding to produce the same result, which is why they didn't go with resin from the get go even though the technology has been around for ages and is superior from a modelling perspective.

I'm not saying that GW isnt milking their player base. I'm saying that on the balance of things the swap from metal to resin is not an example of said milking.

PS: Have you ever actually tried flying internationally with several cases full of white metal miniatures? Until you have, you will not truly appreciate the swaps to plastic and resin.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Guys, this is a thread about the rules for Invocation of Nehek, not a finecast discussion.

[mod] Stay on topic please. [/mod]

... it's also in the wrong place...

[mod] Moved to Laws of the Night. [/mod]

EDIT: Having read through this thread, I am now very, very happy. My Blood Knights will ride!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu