• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

It's about to get sappy ya'll

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hey,

I just wanted to throw this out there for everyone to see. I've been on this forum for a few good months now and I must say that I haven't seen a thread like this floating around.

Let us all thank our Admins and Mods for all the work they do to keep this place up and running and supporting all of the dumb questions we all have. I've learned more from this place than I ever would have by just playing and reading my army book. These individuals spend their time making sure that we all have a good time on here, learn a lot of stuff, and make new buddies. They don't get paid, they may gain some reputation but that's only worth so much. It's because they care about this community and are willing to waste their day making sure that it's not a messy time. So thanks to all of the people who do a lot of background work and upkeep and don't complain about it.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
I am sure we have one secreted away somewhere but yes they do a good job and are much loved compared to other forums much loathed. (Heres looking at you Whineseer!)

Keep up the great work you fabulous bast*rds! :perv:

Bullhax

Vampire Count
True Blood
Couldn't agree more, CN, will be my warhammer home even if I stop playing VC (which wont happen).

But yes thank you all for making this forum the best one out there!!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Yep, finding a place where you can get international feedback for your work (playing, writing, painting and so on) is priceless..And this what we have here is a well done implementing of this wish. Thanks to all`ya modhammers and memberinos! :thumbsup:

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
On behalf of the other mods, I'd like to say, "Thank you" to Corien and everyone else. We appreciate your kind words.

I would like to add that when I came back to this forum two years ago after an extended hiatus, it was the mods AND the excellent members here that made me stay. This is THE most polite, respectful forum I've seen for Warhammer and it was a breath of fresh air when I wasn't insulted for giving my opinion on something or offering my advice (or a number of other things for that matter).
Carpe Noctem is exemplary of what a forum should be and that is thanks to you all. There is no arrogance, condescension or animosity here and for that, I am grateful.
I'll do what I can to help keep this place #1 for all of us.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Excellent, minions... the mind-control subscripts running inside the Random Quote Generator are working! Soon we will be ready to launch full-scale advert banners all across the page, and pour oil into the emerging flamewars! Mwuhahaha!

As an aside, this forum is a rarity. I don't know how it happened, but somehow everyone is... nice. It's really weird. (Well, everyone except Darvy of course... that guy is a serious jerk!)

Ordo Cruentus

Order amongst the Dead
Yeah, I am relatively new to this site, and I am shocked how warm and relaxed everyone seems. Whatever is in the air, it can only be a good thing.

Well done. :thumbsup:

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Well Ordo, every person on this site, new and old, contribute to making this place awesome. This is my first forum ever and I've fallen in love with CN. I'm starting my Warriors of Chaos army and I'm going to force people on here to read my lists because I trust the thought processes of the members of this site. Everyone's awesome!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Count Darvaleth said:
As an aside, this forum is a rarity. I don't know how it happened, but somehow everyone is... nice. It's really weird. (Well, everyone except Darvy of course... that guy is a serious jerk!)

Well thats because Vampire Counts is a classy and civilized force with good breeding compared to those other uncouth races of the old world.
And lets face it, VC does have a much higher percentage of Goth and Alt people using the army... We're Awesome!... Just Sayin. ;)

In honesty though, we are all laid back and because we focus on one force unlike Dakka, Dakka and Warseer we don't get all the trolls and whiners that other forums do with all their sly remarks and what not which often makes the mods heavy handed and widly hated, once again Warseer being a good example of this. :rolleyes:

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
Perhaps what Duke says is true, that is it the army itself, but I'd like to think that it was a case of creating a good community in the beginning and then letting it tend to itself (with a little bit of pruning here and there :tongue: )

The forums have been a fantastic place since well before I joined (I like many was foolishly a lurker for quite some time) and it's not the mod team that keeps it that way, it's you forum goers yourselves. We just ban the occasional spambot and move all them posts posted in the wrong place :tongue:

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
And lets face it, VC does have a much higher percentage of Goth and Alt people using the army... We're Awesome!... Just Sayin.
Lol oh DDM, I must admit that I'm one of those pretentious douchebags that wears the "Cool" clothes and tries to impress people when it isn't needed. Yes, it's true. I wear tighter polo's from A&F, I wear expensive calogne and ball caps everywhere. I've tricked you all into enjoying the posts of "One of Those Guys"! Haha! we will rule the world yet! Although I do see your point on the crowd that this army brings in, and it's simply because vampires are freakin cool and the people that play the army don't care about how competative they are, only that the army's model range is gorgeous (Most of it) and the mind set of the army is different that any other out there, even Tomb Kings. But that's a side note.

I do think that the army draws a very similar mindset of people out there, and similar personalities will mesh better than others, and that is why the community works so well together. Now, that being said, theres always an occasional person who doesn't fit in quite the same as everyone else and not once have I read through a thread where someone has just ignored or shunned someone because of a different idea or what not.

We're awesome ya'll

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
I stopped using Vampire Counts years ago. In fact, I haven't played Warhammer in over 2 years. And I'm still here.

What does that tell you?

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Corien Sumatris said:
Harland, Why'd ya stop? Time? Money? Interest?
Money mostly. I stopped vampire counts when I realised I just didn't enjoy their play-style (swapped to WoC). Then eventually I decided I simply wouldn't go along with GW's price hikes and stopped.

I still have my old models, but I have no intention of buying any more, at least until I get a job that would allow it (I'm still a student).

I have since taken up Magic: The Gathering, which more than satisfies my hobby needs.

Duke Danse Macabre said:
Harland said:
I stopped using Vampire Counts years ago. In fact, I haven't played Warhammer in over 2 years. And I'm still here.

What does that tell you?
That Don is Backmailing you? ;)
No, just giving me sexual favours.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
I'm a MTG player as well, Mainly a Green player because I can never get my black red deck to work how i want.

In order to stay on topic though:

ALL THE MODS ARE AWESOME!
Especially Harland, that guys got style! :thumbsup:

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I really nice thread, and a big thank you to you all.

I've been around since just after this site was set up (start Sept 2007, I joined Feb 2008), and I can say right from the get go CN's style has always been friendly and welcoming, but trying not to suffocate. I want everyone to be able to express their thoughts and opinions, as long as they do it in a respectful manner.

I am really pleased to say that all the members here are like that.

As has been said, whilst the staff here do an excellent job (and they all know how grateful of their efforts they are), the members make CN what it is.

Here's to many more years for CN :thumbsup:

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
I really nice thread, and a big thank you to you all.

I've been around since just after this site was set up (start Sept 2007, I joined Feb 2008), and I can say right from the get go CN's style has always been friendly and welcoming, but trying not to suffocate. I want everyone to be able to express their thoughts and opinions, as long as they do it in a respectful manner.

I am really pleased to say that all the members here are like that.

As has been said, whilst the staff here do an excellent job (and they all know how grateful of their efforts they are), the members make CN what it is.

Here's to many more years for CN :thumbsup:
Here here! I love this site because of all you guys; you're awesome and it's just so relaxed! We do what we need to, but it's not much compared to some forums, I'm sure!

Yes! Ive been on this forum for less than a months time and Ive learned more that I thought possible about VC in such a short time with almost no trial and error on the tabletop! And I have yet to find a more friendly and constructive place on the internet. So thank you, mods and admins for not only keeping this a place worth being in, but also making it so easy for new members to join and be welcomed!

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
yes, this is an amazing forum, and everybody contributes nicely. It's full of great people (Mods and regular posters) who do great work to keep the site good. I love how amazing this site is, and all the great people on it. Also, there's always someone around when you need something (even non-Warhammer stuff, which I think is a good idea), and it's always pleasant to have a chat, and even just reading the conversations. I also like the wealth of experience and knowledge there is in terms of Warhammer queries and the like, so any questions there get sorted quickly, even within minutes sometimes, which is amazing. It's also just a nice place to have a chat. Keep up the good work, everyone. :cheers: