• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

It's time to think...Bigger

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
What with the bloodline wars having fallen down by the wayside, I think we should think about putting a WFO campaign together. I haven't really got a fully formed idea in mind, but I know that campaigns are fun and I want in! So really, first and foremost this is more about testing commitment and willingness to take part in a campaign and secondly to get together ideas of how to go about doing the campaign.

Who's with me!

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Chaos_Born said:
What with the bloodline wars having fallen down by the wayside, I think we should think about putting a WFO campaign together. I haven't really got a fully formed idea in mind, but I know that campaigns are fun and I want in! So really, first and foremost this is more about testing commitment and willingness to take part in a campaign and secondly to get together ideas of how to go about doing the campaign.

Who's with me!
There was talk of Sanai hopefully re-starting his campaign thing soon! I hope it's soon.

If that doesn't happen, I'd definitely be up for playing in one. Running (or helping run) one just is not something that I can commit to as far as free time is concerned xD

I'll throw my name in here too.

WFO is a good way to play against totally new players and of course... try something new :D

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
A round robin tournament? So a league then;)

And Bishop, the impression I got from Sanai (in his 'Sanai works too much' post) was that he works too much to manage such things. If he starts up the bloodline wars again then great! Problem is we'll almost certainly have a couple more dropout slots to fill

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
I could help manage it. I am already running 3 campaigns at my local slub. What's one more

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I too am running a Blood in the Badlands campaign here in the realm of real life, so know how to beat someone into playing their gamesxD

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'd be okay with something a bit more open, like a round robin type of league tourney...

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Yeah I think a simpler league or tournament would be better than a bug structured campaign to start with. I'm guessing Johnny would vote for it being 2500pts:D

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Tournament Organizer. If we are going do a round robin we will need fun missions and a good judge. Though Senscal might be the better choice for that now that I think of it

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Oh okay. I just thought we'd all play each other and you get poits for a win loss and draw and tot them up at the end. Clearly you are more ambitious than me:)

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'd prefer a big campaign, but I think it's less practical

How about we see if we can knock out a 'round robin' and if that goes well, we'll really push Sanai to get the bloodline wars up and running (or hijack it:D)

This is all assuming that Sanai isn't going to start the bloodline wars anyway. If we just do that then this thread is redundant

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I round robin type of event has a better chance of starting, lasting, and getting people involved.

The more complicated and drawn out the events are, the more likely you are to lose players. I think I've played in more campaigns that died off rather then ones that arrived at any form of "ending".

We could get by with 2-3 "judges" who can officiate any game that they are not playing in...

"round robin type of event has a better chance of starting, lasting, and getting people involved."

Amen, I vote... 5k :devil2:

Chaos_Born

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'd vote for 2500 maximum really. After all we do have to get these games done in a reasonable amount of time...a 5K could last months

Heh, I was kidding honestly. however points increasing in later rounds could be cool. Start 2k, (assuming 4 rounds) finish at 3k? (250 points increase per round)

This way every round is a whole new threat. That lord who didn't have a ward save last round... might this one!

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Yeah, I've played in leagues starting as low as 1k and then going up 250 pts a week until getting to 2.5k

Obviously, 1k is too little... and increasing would have to be scheduled my games played, not necessarily weekly. Maybe start at 1.5k and increase by 250 points per "cycle".

I'd say if you want to do this, that there should be a period of "X" amount of time to complete games.

Something like 2 weeks seems feasible to me. Might have to be a bit longer though, if people are in different time zones / or frequent the site during different hours. Magic phases and deployment can take a very long time if the players aren't on at the same time.

Good point, I'd agree with 2 weeks as a game time limit, Maybe have a vote to check general conscensus as to how long each match can take.

Not entirely sure what army I shall use, Too many shiny things are tempting me haha!