• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
I recently fell in love with Nicholas Eames' 'Bands' novel series, starting with Kings of the Wyld. The plot is that a retired mercenary band leader puts his team back together to rescue his best friend's daughter from a city besieged by a horde that would make the Beastmen blush.
The gimmick is that mercenary bands in this world are treated as rock bands. They even have frontmen. It is a hilarious idea that I simply couldn't resist. All the memebrs of the protagonist's band match up to rock star archetpes. There was even a brief mention of a hero named Elvais who died on the toilet.
The villain is an elf (called druin here) with rabbit ears. Rabbit ears.
I strongly recommend this to anyone who likes quirky fantasy.

Reactions: Unas the slayer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu