• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
I think the trade-off should be 100/100. 30pts of powers for 30 points of magic items. I realise you give up 30 points for powers and that item would cost "60pts" but you are also enabling yourself to make item builds not intended which may result is some seriously dodgy item combinations. Something we will need to keep an eye out for as well when we decide how to handle magic items.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I agree with Danceman in that respect, I can imagine some very nasty combos.

Dancey - what do you think of the Lahmian uber rule?

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
Oh right, I quite like it. Subtle yet powerful and at the same time not broken. Well done.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Powers added to original post.

In regards to the magic item power, it is currently looking like this:

Overflowing Coffers - 30pts
Renowned for their hedonism, Lahmians treasure jewellery and horde ancient artefacts. When called to war they can lay their hands on any item imaginable
The Lahmian may take an extra 30pts of magic items.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hmm, the only problem is that there are already 8 powers up there, and I think we are looking at limiting it 8 per bloodline. So do we want to swap Overflowing Coffers for something else?

Then again maybe we should look not at the number of powers, but the total points of the bloodline powers......

Feb 8, 2009
Maybe the limit should be 9 powers, because according to me all the other powers are completly nececery and in the character of the lahmians.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Your right Fodderboy. That power really did need clearing up to avoid confusion, misinterpretation etc. I have amended it to say the unit stops, so it works if a unit comes close via overrunning for example. I hope it's clear but if not please let me know.

In the Preliminary discussion thread both myself and Dancey think we should limit the powers to 8 per bloodline. So as we already have 8 up there, does anybody think we should swap one out for Overflowing Coffers?

Possibly we could swap out Transfix, as we have a similar power for 50pts?

Trentonator

Crypt Horror
Dec 1, 2007
On Vanity of the Dead, do you gain +1 to your attacks or make an immediate attack? I believe some re-wording is necessary.

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 24, 2008
'Naki, New Zealand
In addition to units moving to within 18", anything appearing within 18", like summoned zombies or the green knight, would also have to test. If we plug the holes as best we can, there's less chance of powergaming.

It's 100 points after all, it ought to be awesome.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Cheers again! I have amended the wording.

In regards to vanity - that is a good question. I'm also questioning whether it is currently 25pts as the additional attacks are only against the person or unit responsible.

Personally I think for the points, she should gain an extra attack for every wound inflicted on her, which would then be negated if she heals herself. So realistically if she survives to her next magic phase, she will probably loose the attacks as 90% of people would heal their vamp anyway. What do you all think?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Bump, any comments in regards to:

In regards to vanity - that is a good question. I'm also questioning whether it is currently 25pts as the additional attacks are only against the person or unit responsible.

Personally I think for the points, she should gain an extra attack for every wound inflicted on her, which would then be negated if she heals herself. So realistically if she survives to her next magic phase, she will probably loose the attacks as 90% of people would heal their vamp anyway. What do you all think?

and

So as we already have 8 up there, does anybody think we should swap one out for Overflowing Coffers?

Possibly we could swap out Transfix, as we have a similar power for 50pts?

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jul 24, 2008
'Naki, New Zealand
This is probably a bit late in the day, but being a courtly deceiver, should Lahmians not be allowed to get poison for mundane weapons?

For Divine Beauty, units affected should be able to defend as normal if attacked.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
The poisoned weapons is an interesting thought, perhaps we should have a power for a court assassin-type Lahmian("Prince Corleone says hi." *stab* GLURRGGKKKKKMMFF *dead*). Something like having two poisoned hand weapons and perhaps hidden deployment a la the current Assassins, maybe

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I agree about the poison - however that would be more of an equipment choice which we are discussing in the stat thread. But very true.

Divine Beauty - Yes they should.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Ok as there doesn't seem to have been much discussion on this I will put this upto the vote. I will however swap Transfix (which was my idea anyway) out for Overflowing Coffers.

As said the Poison idea will need to be discussed in the other thread.

Thread Locked

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu