• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Lahmian Optional Army List

• Maybe - Needs tweaking, please post your suggestion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - A bad idea, please post why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
This thread is for voting on the Lahmian Optional Army List.

Please note: This is not to vote whether it fits in with the theme etc. That is what the discussion in the threads is for.

It is to check and ensure we have created fair rules and choices that are not unbalancing, or there is not something grossly wrong that has been over looked.

This Poll will close on 06/12/09

Characters
Any vampire characters may take the following options (cost per model):
Additional Dagger (counts as additional HW): Hero +5pts, Lord +7pts
Poisoned Attacks: Hero +10pts, Lord +15pts
Great Bow: Hero +12pts, Lord +18pts
~see below for rules.

Great Bow
Harking back to the days of ancient Lahmia, the daughters of Neferata are required to learn the ways of the Asp goddess, to venerate all that they lost when their city fell. As normal bows are too weak for the prodigious power of the ladies of the night, each sire gifts their get a bow of superior balance and strength, a deadly weapon in the hands of those with the skill to use them.
Follows the normal rules for bows with the following profile:
Range: 36" S: As per the base strength of the vampire.
This can change if the vampire is affected by anything during the battle which lowers or heightens this stat permanently.The vampire may still shoot her bow even if she has marched. It also has the Killing Blow special rule at short range.

New Hero Option:
Swain
The player may choose one hero choice from any army list except Daemons,Tomb Kings, Lizardmen, Vampire Counts or Orcs & Goblins, paying the points cost as stated in their army book.
Their equipment and magic items must be chosen from that army list. The swain may not benefit from any VC items or spells from the Lore of Vampires.

Core
1+ Skeletons
~May take the following options (costs are per model):
Halberds +1pts
Spears +1pts
Heavy Armour +2pts. *If this option is taken the unit cannot be increased over its starting size by IoN.

0-1 Swain Entourage
~One core unit may be chosen from the same army list as the swain. It may not choose any magic items, marks, abilities from that army list, nor may it benefit from VC banners or spells from the Lore of Vampires. It may choose mundane weapon options as per its description.
The maximum size of this unit US10.

0-2 Dire Wolves
~Do not count as minimum core requirement.
0-1 Bat Swarms
~Do not count as minimum core requirement.

Special
Grave Guard
~May take the following options (cost per model):
Full plate +3pts
Halberds + 2pts
Great Weapons +2pts

Black Knights.
Full Plate +4pts

Zombies
Spirit Hosts
0-1 Fell Bats

Rare
0-1 Blood Knights
Full Plate +6pts

Black Coach
Wraiths

Darkblossom

Zombie
Apr 2, 2009
Ok, here is my first post on this forum.

The army list looks realy interesting.
I just have a few question though :
1)Do the existing options in the book remain ? In other words, are the new unit options in addition to those already mentioned in our army book ?
2)Can the poison only be applied to the vampire's melee weapons or can it also be used on her ranged attack?

Anyway, thanks a lot for reviving my favourite bloodline.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Bishop said:
Additional HW should cost +5/+8....

Ah yes, should have been rounded up not down. I will make the adjustment.

Darkblossom said:
Ok, here is my first post on this forum.

The army list looks realy interesting.
I just have a few question though :
1)Do the existing options in the book remain ? In other words, are the new unit options in addition to those already mentioned in our army book ?
2)Can the poison only be applied to the vampire's melee weapons or can it also be used on her ranged attack?

Anyway, thanks a lot for reviving my favourite bloodline.

Hi Darkblossom!

Welcome to Carpe Noctem. :vampire3:

In regards to your questions:

1) - No, you can only list the units listed here if you wish to use this list. This is due to fluff and also having a balanced list.

2) - Only to her melee attacks.

I am glad you appreciate the effort we have put in, and if you would like to help us out, if this is voted through then we need people to playtest it?

Darkblossom

Zombie
Apr 2, 2009
I like the fact that our cavalery can have a 2+ armor save without movement penalty. (since barding is replaced by full plate)
Having 2 less strength on the charge (no lances) will hurt though.
Perhaps the lances can be replaced by spears ?

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
Looks good,

Special
Grave Guard
Full plate +3pts
Halberds + 2pts
Great Weapons +2pts

Should GW not be +1 point and replaces the shield?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Nope. In this variation they get to take them in addition to the shields for additional cost. Fits with fluff of Lahmians being rich and well equipped.

Any more votes?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
It's ok Marcus, calm down....relax, there we go all better xd

The poll had messed up due to a plugin that has been installed. I have fixed it now, 8 yesses! Woohoo!

Any more votes?

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Feb 5, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Disciple of Nagash said:
It's ok Marcus, calm down....relax, there we go all better xd

The poll had messed up due to a plugin that has been installed. I have fixed it now, 8 yesses! Woohoo!

Any more votes?

You might wanna check that plugin again ;)

ai45.tinypic.com_1r9g8g.jpg

And this one is after a vote retraction and re-vote (I was a maybe)

ai48.tinypic.com_2ir9ooi.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I have deactivated the plugin, it doesn't seem to work with CN. If you want your vote changing you will have to advise me as normal.

Darkblossom

Zombie
Apr 2, 2009
Hello Disciple of Nagash, I have some other questions left concerning the Swain.

Swain
The player may choose one hero choice from any army list except Daemons,Tomb Kings, Lizardmen or Orcs & Goblins, paying the points cost as stated in their army book.
Their equipment and magic items must be chosen from that army list. The swain may not benefit from any VC items or spells from the Lore of Vampires.

First question : Following the Swain rules, is it possible to have a vampire of another bloodline as a Hero choice ? (example blood dragon vampire with helm of commandment )

Second question: If this is possible, can he still be targeted by his own invocation since he may not benefit from spells from the Lore of Vampires?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.
Kind regards,
Dark Blossom

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
Good qustions actually. Though I should remind you that Blood Dragons cannot take magic items, meaning they cannot have the Helm of Commandment(I know what you're thinking - WS8 Grave Guard, anyone? xD)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I would say no, as a Swain is generally under the glamour of the Lahmian as their feeding partner. So unless anyone has any objections the answer would be no.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu