• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Last chance for review of 3k list before submittal

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hey,

We're rounding the corner of when the lists need to be submitted for the final review to the Tourney organizer. I want to get any final opinions on it before it's all said and done.

Blender Lord (RT, QB, Ogre Blade, ToP, HA, S, OTS)
Deathcro (Cursed Book, Lvl 4)
Vamp Hero (HA, QB, Sword of Anti Heroes, LoV)
Necro (Level 2, Scroll, Lore of Death)
Banshee
Banshee

50 Zombies w/Command
20 Zombies w/Command
2x5 Wolves
43 Ghouls w/Ghast

38 Grave Guard (GW, Command, B of the B)
3 Spirit Hosts (Singles)

2 TG's

Any Ideas?

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Corien, you are a machine! 2 months in and already 500 posts?! You'll be a True Blood before the end of October!

I would do something about the hero vamp, he's fragile. Sword of Striking with Armor of Fortune might be something you interested in (I am blatantly stealing that shadow build someone posted elsewhere).

I can see the usefulness of the banshees with LoD but I feel that you might benefit more from some Hexwraiths instead.

aussie

Black Knight
Nice build there mate, but remember blood and glory scenarios, and the fact for so e reason that it is in some sharp and sound is always in every Midwest tourney I been too, so your 5 and breaking point is 3...... I would at least try for 6.

As sunny said an extra f/c zombie or just find 25 point and bsb that vamp you got..... To get that just drop a level on the baby necro since he is only there for spirit leach anyway doing this then gives you 10 points. With the 5 of the ten points but the iron tally which gives you a 6 up ward save against war machines the whole unit......it is some thing

What's your set up for the wright king.......free hero. I am thinking fencer blades and dragon helm to be at 130 or less. If he is in that grave guard unit he is hitting every thing on 2

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Wow, Thanks for all of the comments bro's!

@Sunny: I was thinking about that but then I realized that I have 2 Lvl 1's who can invoc so I doubt I'll be getting many off. I mean I would be nice to have a bit more fortitude and an extra drop, but I get nervous because i've seen zombie units go away in a turn real bad!

@illusionarypresence: I would like to try the CH's out but I actually only own 3 of them so that's a no-go. Also I like the big ole block of GG for my lord to dance around in. I like having 2 units that can kill stuff real good as opposed to having a good anchor.

@Sen: I love this place!! Of course I'll post like a fiend! As far as the hero vamp goes, She has never died because people never bother to target her! She usually goes in the Ghouls and everyone sees the T4 no armor and just decides to go with the extra CR. I mean there will be that game where she dies but it sure hasn't happened yet! I agree that she is super squishy but she can kill herself some dudes! As far as the Banshees vs Hex Wraiths go, I always play with Hex Wraiths and they just never seem to hit quite right. I mean I use to run 2 units of 5 and I recently started doing 1 unit of 10. It's deffinetly good when it hits right, But if it doesn't then there goes 150 slaves out the window! Where the banshees will probably go with the ghouls and the hero vamp, then I will have 2 units that people will not want to get close to.

@Aussie: See comment to Sunny refering to the zombies. I'm afraid of the BSB because thats an extra 100 VP's and its 100pts to win a game! The BSB can put you over the edge of Winning/Tieing/Losing really easily. As far as the WK goes Mine is Potion of Strength, Sword of Striking, Dragon Bane Gem, and Charmed Sheild. He's 130 even.

aussie

Black Knight
Nice set up keep the killing blow.... For the king..... And for the bsb just put him in a bunker zombie unit you got 3 huge units in front of it.... Anyhow I am one to talk when I am bring a zombie dragon lmao " cannon ball alert"

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
lol Ahh you'll do fine aussie! I mean, I don't have any cannons to knock your lord off of his high horse ... Erm dragon!

I could but then I'm wasting the potential wounds caused by the vamp! I dunno, I may just break down the Zombie units and let it ride that way.

The Sun King

Imperator
True Blood
@ Corien: Agreeing with Seneschal - you're very productive, and in a good way, a rising star :) I see myself in you(and not in a homoerotic way:perv:) when I first came here :) I use level 1 IoN's all the time, for me it's a matter of HOW MANY IoN's you got in the army, not HOW HIGH LEVEL it is :)

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Well thanks guys!!

So then what if I drop the Level 2 off the necro and make him vamps also? That gives me 3 IoN's and 35 points to play with.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
I could do that, But generally the lord doesn't get hurt to much anyways! Normally people just avoid her all together and boom! 410 points of not doing anything!

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Shield on the vamp hero and Iron Curse Icon somewhere? I'd at least give her charmed shield just in case.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Ahh, Charmed sheild I cannot. We get a free 130pt character just for fun in the list and he has the charmed sheild. Enchanted sheild on the hero? The ICI wouldn't be a bad idea, Just gotta fine where to fit it.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Alright, updated the list a little bit, Let me know what ya'll think of it now.

Blender Lord (RT, QB, Ogre Blade, ToP, HA, S, OTS)
Deathcro (Cursed Book, Lvl 4)
Vamp Hero (HA, S, Dragon Helm, Iron Curse Icon, Luckstone, QB, Sword of Anti Heroes, LoV)
Necro (Level 1, Scroll, Lore of Vamps)
Banshee
Banshee

21 Zombies w/Command
20 Zombies w/Command
20 Zombies w/Command
20 Zombies w/Command
2x5 Wolves
39 Ghouls w/Ghast

38 Grave Guard (GW, Command, B of the B)

3 Spirit Hosts (Singles)

2 TG's

Now I have 3 IoN's, My hero can survive a bit more (Not to much more though), I have 4 small units of zombies. The only issue that I'm not too sure of is that my hero with the Iron Curse Icon I like to keep with the ghouls, I have the lord with the GG and I deffinetly don't need to characters with that unit. So my best bet is to give the Ghouls the 6++ to warmachines I guess o_o

Anywho, Let me know of any suggestions! Oh and by the way, 13 drops plus characters.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
I'm not sure I'd run Cursed Book in a list with 3 IoN's.
It will eat your PD and deny you the chance to heal units, hex etc.
When you opt not to use it, (which will probably be the majority of the time) you'll be wasting the points spent on it.

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hm so where should those extra points go then? Also is everyone sold on lore of death? I mean, I see its potential, it just doesn't seem to preform that well in game.

Corien Sumatris said:
Hm so where should those extra points go then? Also is everyone sold on lore of death? I mean, I see its potential, it just doesn't seem to preform that well in game.
You could always try to run forbidden lore of metal. No one would expect that and it's absolutely murderous against heavy armoured targets, pendat dreadlords and other nuissances like that (90% of WoC and Brets in particular). :devil2:

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Corien, cast a few spells then send a purple sun of xereus/xerxes/king leonidas through some zombies at your opponent and watch the amount of power dice you get back via the lore attribute...it is glorious...

Corien Sumatris

Vampire Count
True Blood
Hm, I never thought of sending it through my own unit. But that's still a risky idea. Lets say you have zombies right in front of an opponent then you don't get IF, then they scroll, then they kill your zombies. Is a scroll worth the points for a whole unit of zombies?

Also, another question of P-Sun, or any vortex for the matter. I cast it, it goes 18" (I roll a 6 on the die) it then goes into a unit, it stops in the middle of that unit so it pops out the other side but there is a second unit right behind (Like a bunker) so then it needs to pop all the way through the second unit. Does the second unit take any hits from the extra mandatory distance?