• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
i don't think at the moment we'll have a so large amount of debates in this subforum, enough to have multiple threads on list plannings.
So, at least for the moment, i believe a single thread that includes debates on lists and ideas can be handy.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
I'm planning a Necron list, mostly for fun and highly thematic: "The Arthropods army".

as you will see, it will be a list built mostly around the visual aspect: spiders, insects and similar.
more or less:

Skorpekh Lord
3 crypteks
27 canoptek sarab swarms
3 canoptek spiders
3 canoptek wraiths
1 canoptek Tombstalker
1 triarch stalker
1 Seraptek heavy construct

my doubt (just to improve a little its efficiency)

should i go Novokh? (-1 VP is vital for all those swarms to damage something)
or should i go with a generic ancient dynasty, to give obj secured to all of my army, given the lack of troops? i'm inclined toward this, but i would like to hear your opinions.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
I'm not a great fan of Chaos Marines.
Too many of them are just "regular marines with spikes", and it doesn't get better when you pick some chapters (Thousands son, for example).

However, an evil and twisted idea came to my mind. And i cannot erase it.

the personal, experimental legion of Fabius Bile, the infamous mad scientist obsessed with bioexperiments.

an army made by the stuff of nightmares, the true embodiment of horror. A mutated horde, screaming in twisted pain.

Accursed cultist + accursed torments
possessed
greater possessed
chaos ogryn
chaos spawn
obliterators

Reactions: Raven Torrid

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
I really like the idea. The possibilities are huge and you can really make some crazy conversions with that theme. Especially with the new possessed kits coming out.
Altho I myself like Chaos Marines, they are pretty much the opposite of the word chaos, they are very orderly and uniformed. But this way you could really bring some *chaos* into a CSM army!

Fabius is iconic and I really like the new model and how they manage to channel the feel of the classic models into new and technically more advanced ones.
I'd like to use him with my Death Guard in some way - either as an Ally or simply as a "counts as" model alongside the Death Guard Cultists I plan to convert.

I hope you follow that evil and twisted voice of chaos and bring the idea to life - looking forward to it! 😁

Reactions: Unas the slayer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu