• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Looking for Writers for a Collaboration.

ironlord

Black Knight
Collaboration Ideas.

The Doom Seeker is an ever expanding Ezine, with great ambition for the future. Part of that ambition is to experiment with what can be done in the Ezine format and what we can do with the resources we have. We already produce our Quarterly Ezine and an occasional Saga, but now we plan on doing a collaborative piece with a handful of writers. The project will be headed up by myself, acting in my role as Story Editor, as well as including one of our new friends, James Daniel Darr, who made his Doom Seeking début in Issue 5 with Black Wolves Still Live.

As the story is currently in the planning stage, there are no details, not even a plot, but those who are interested will get too work with their peers to create an epic tale from the ground up.

We plan to focus on a war somewhere in the Warhammer world, with the story told from different perspectives using different writers. As the writers we will pick a setting in the Warhammer world that we agree on and construct our own war there, with our own heroes, villains and events.

Once a time line is set in place for the war, writers can pitch stories or characters too slot into the time line to tell the story.

Once the list of stories is finalised, writers have a set time to produce first drafts, which are posted up and writers from the project are allowed to comment and give notes on the first draft. The first drafts are then taken back with the notes and then the author edits them as he/she sees fit with help from the editor if they require it.

Final drafts are submitted and the story will be “Locked Down” i.e. no new entrances/stories (Unless they are masterpieces.) before it is looked at by proof readers and editors before it's final publication. Only minor edits will be undertaken at this point.

As we are publishing this electronically there is no real limit to words as we don't have to pay for ink and paper. However there will be unofficial boundaries and limits.

The final story will be published with accompanying artwork by the Doom Seeker and distributed through their channels to get it too as large a group as possible. As with all Doom Seeker Publications this is strictly NON PROFIT and no payment will be given. This is simply a chance for writers to try out something new.

Absolutely all credit will be given too the Authors and Editors who take part in this project and each person will be given the opportunity to work the with Doom Seeker on any other projects that we have in the future, including contributing to future issues.

I hope to get this up and running quickly and produce a solid volume of work in a relatively short period of time. However as this project hopes to involves numerous writers, the work load will be shared. Although there is no official launch date as of yet, I plan on completing this project soon after the release of The Doom Seeker Issue 6, in approximately 3 months.

We are looking for writers to contribute too this project and even if you don't write yourself, you can pass this on too someone else, even if it is only because they know someone else who likes to write or likes the fluff of the Warhammer world.

If you are reading this and interested in joining us for a writing experience then send an email too submissionstds@hotmail.co.uk with the header “Am I in the write place?” Where I will send you out a URL where all the authors are meeting to begin work on this project. Please do not attempt to contact me by private messages on forums and only use the given email address.

I hope that I can hear from you soon;
Ironlord

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
For those who do not know I am James Daniel Darr, and count me in buddy on the collaberation. xD

ChaosJedi666

Black Knight
Sounds interesting, unfortunately I'm currently working on several other projects. Grrr, now if he wanted an editor then I'd be game!. Lol. Santawraith, if you have any new additions to the "Black Wolves Still Live" story, please email them by way. First story was excellent.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Sounds interesting. I might be in, is it okay to ask questions about it here or do you want them via mail?

ironlord

Black Knight
We are getting some great responces from you guys here at Carpe Noctem, if there is anyone still thinking about joining the project then come on up, either send an email too submissionstds@hotmail.com
or you can send me a message here on the forums and we will get back too you as soon as possible. We are eager to get things moving and the momentum is building for what is going to be a fantastic project.