• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Ok, so I'm making a thread per chapter to discuss anything OOC. This will be to build the story OOC without interrupting the flow of the main post.

So the meeting starts at 2:00 PM on Saturday. You can post anything up until then.

It's a fully catered event. The meeting room has all the standard equipment (tables, chairs, projector). You can write interactive stories with any characters there if you wish.

I'll post up the presentation over noon my time (next hour or so).

Cheers

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Sweet. So, this is basically a place to hash out what's going on in the current thread, wind our characters together and basically make sure everything works out. I like it.

And sides, I kinda want my character to meet this 'Rupert who loves batteries in a fashion no human being should ever love batteries'....I might not be able to stop a few jokes. It'd be fun.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Beginning meeting post up.

I'm going to continue with the story, but if you wish to interact in that scene feel free to do so.

Also, apologies for getting so busy.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Where is everyone? I know some people prolly haven't received instructions, being inserted into the story at a later date and all...but there are a handful of us there and the thread hasn't moved much at all.

Where's the posting? o_o

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Well sorry from me :( Been busy with upcoming forum upgrades. I will post in a mo though. Hmmm, who to speak to though?

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
You've got options. ;) Hot girl behind the bar or any one of the what, three or four characters that's come into the main lobby? =P

I've just got the battery nut and Hazzard. Pretty straightforward.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Funny thing is that me and dreadgrass have just started what seems to be the first inter-participant in character dialogue.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Apologies to everyone! Restaurant rebuild is almost complete. 4 inspectors are coming next week (Electrical mon, Mechanical Tues, health and Safety on Wed, and I can't even remember who on Thurs... Electrical / Mechanical are the key ones).

If everything passes, it should be up and running a week after that.

It is my bad this well-accepted endeavour is not moving fast enough. If everyone were local, we could roleplay while painting walls. Sounds fun, no?

AsdrubaelWho

Skeleton
Jan 29, 2010
When discussion of Mage first came up, I was unemployed.
A few weeks ago I started a new job and free time has been significantly reduced. I still check every day and will post as much as I can.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Well, I'm afraid David isn't too interested in the stuffy science mumbo, a pretty face however... ;) lol

Besides, the bars a good strategic placement for security, nice and close to the booze... I mean... It affords a good view of the venue...

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Right then chaps / Grish.

Where are we going with this, as this has been on hold for a while. Two questions:

Grish – Do you still want or have the time to do this?

Everyone else – Do you still want to do this RP?

I for one still do.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I definitely still do! I'm quite interested, but if Grish is having issues in RL with his business stuff then there's nothing to really be done with it. He's put a tremendous amount of work into this, and it seems like it'd be an ongoing trial for him.

I leave it up to Grish, if he wants to keep up the work I'm more than happy to continue.

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Dec 20, 2009
Aye, I'm still very much interested, (sorry, been away and didn't really feel up to posting much last night) but I understand Grish has a lot going on atm, so If I can help at all Grish, please let me know!

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
The trouble with the system this RPG runs on is that it is very reliant on one man, and that one man in question has been unavailable for some time. I don't mind carrying on, but we can't wait forever either.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Hi everyone,

Thanks for being patient. Work has been extremely busy as has the restaurant rebuild. Our contractors are overdue, with their own screw ups, project billing and structure (or total lack thereof) contributing to them losing quite a bit of money on this. Fingers are being pointed, threats are being made. Fun times.

The billing has been ironed out, the inspections have all passed code (Building, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Health and Safety) so all that's left is little bits, like painting, base boards, etc.

So that means I will finally have time to get back to this. I really appreciate everyone's patience and I am indeed excited about this project. Sweeney Todd has put the nail on the head, that with one person running the show is a bad idea. There was always an intent from before I even started the project up to have 2 people running it for just this reason. However, I didn't develop the story enough to get there. It will get there, and with the chat client coming down the pipe that should really help role play situations where a lot of interaction will be necessary.

Because of the lost momentum, I will be reposting starting Thurs. This should give people enough time to get this message and not miss out. Sound good to everyone?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hey Grish,

Great to hear that you managed to get things sorted :thumbsup:

However I am even more excited to hear that this will be continuing. Looking forward to Thurs xd

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Ha, it's not all sorted. Our contractors got into a yelling match with us last night. They have no clue how to manage a business. We have every dollar tracked. They think we owe x amount of tens of thousands more, when it's less than half of that. That meeting did not go well. Bringing them bank proof to show that their company have cashed all these cheques. But coming to the end for sure... this time. The carpets on, all that's left is bringing in the tables and chairs, a bit of tiling and painting.

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
It has been 4 days since the Thursday you mentioned. Grish, could you please give us some signs of life? I believe this venture is soon to be dead, and only you have the defibrillator.

"Nurse, I need some saline, stat!"

Sweeney Todd

Master Vampire
True Blood
Mar 9, 2008
Singapore
I apologize if my unilateral action offends Grish, but I think it's time we wrap this up and send it to the graveyard. There's already nobody bothering with this last remnant of life in the project except probably me and DoN, as the promised update hasn't materialized.

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Unless DoN wants / has time to take over, agreed.

It does not offend me. We are currently becoming embroiled in a legal dispute, and our ex-contractor is threatening bodily harm with other contractors we've brought in to finish what they couldn't, so again my time has vapourized.

I deeply apologize for wasting everyone's time; it wasn't my intent. I did spend quite a bit of time on it as well. However, real life must take priority for things such as this. If DoN or anyone else wants to take over, feel free. I can pass off all the material and ideas I've had and it'll be theirs.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu