• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Magic and line of sight

Hello everyone!

Does using magic require a line of sight? Magic missiles use same rules as shooting, but can i otherwise target units even through solid rocks as long as they are in range? I looked but couldn`t find any note that forbids that.

if i can`t then i`d like to know if i can do any spells without line of sight. For example summoning zombies behind enemy unit before charging with van hels (or is it possible to do otherway around? Charge and then summon zombies).

Or even worse can i cast van hels to unit next to my caster unit if my own models are blocking line of sight?

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
A spell will only require a Line of Sight to its target if it is stated in the rules for said spell. Magic Missiles are an exception to this, since they'll always need to have the enemy in sight before they can be used. So yes, you can raise a unit of Zombies outside of the Caster's Line of Sight, among other things. :)