• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Maintenance and Support Announcements: Please check before reporting a fault

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
From time to time there will be issues with CN, either through unexpected issues, or sometimes known issues.

This thread is for the latter, for an place for me to post if something is happening, changes being made, testing been done etc.

Before posting a bug report, please check the most recent posts to see if there is something there that relates to your issue. If there is, there is no need to post a thread, it is already being dealt with. I will also mark this thread as "unsolved" when any of these posts exists (which puts a little red dot next to the thread name, instead of a green one).

Once each issue, test etc is finished I will edit the relevant post with the following:

:siren:Complete:siren:

This confirms as far as I am concerned the issue is over. If you still have problems when an issue is marked as complete, then please post a Bug Report thread as normal.

Cheers

Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Please be aware a function is currently being tested. This may increase server load, and thus slow down the site. If you notice a slowdown, a report thread is not necessary. If slowdown occurs the function will be deactivated.

:siren:Complete:siren:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Was the uhm...forum down only for me today? O_O Tried to get in but got some weird error screen so thought it's maintenance! ( I knew I should have written up the error xD )

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Shareya said:
Was the uhm...forum down only for me today? O_O Tried to get in but got some weird error screen so thought it's maintenance! ( I knew I should have written up the error xD )
It was us all, best thing to do to check that is to check Carpe's facebook page, Don normally lets us know whats going on once he is aware. :thumbsup:

In regards to site issues though I have opened multiple tabs for different threads and some have had to be refreshed to load as it was popping up error, not sure if this was just the site still settling after coming back online or what.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
With the software update, there are various bugs and features missing. Please be aware I am continuing to work in the background over the next few days (29 June - 5th July 2014).

Unless the bug is serious (as in actual functionality is missing, you can't post, error messages etc), please do not post a thread. Things like the smilies, cut-off icons etc will be fixed. Once I think I have resolved the outstanding problems I will inform everyone, at which point if you find things that are still an issue, then can be posted as normal.

Thanks for your understanding in the meantime.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Understood. A few visual glitches aside though, I have to say that the site looks much better and is running faster as well.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Good question, I'd have to look through the Wisdom of the Master archive board to check. Regardless, the text shows up much more clearer as things stand with the new software, so please don't change the current setting :).

robtion

Vampire Thrall
Probably a silly question but just checking that we will get our zombies back right? I miss them, even if most of them do have a face only the vampire who raised them could love :zombie1:

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Actually we have inbuilt alternative theme with lighter text specifically for those who want it xD
I might have used it had the font colour been less distinctive, as it was on the old software, but this one is much clearer than the old. Even if you didn't change any of the settings, the new software obviously uses slightly different text colouring.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Don't know if anyone else has this image but randomly when opening tabs on the sites for new threads via links it will start telling me I'm not logged in.
Happening to anyone else?

Demian

Vampire Count
Signatures can't be updated for me, says is too long... with even 65 characters =(

I'm unable to expand the fun in the forum because of this D:

EDIT: I know Duke! I took a screenshot at my message count... can't... ruin... 666 messages...!

I'll keep editing this post until the admins force me to write normally =(

Last edited:

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
And unluckily for you with 666 messages you are no longer allowed to make any posts and ruin such a perfect number. ;)

That does suck though, hope this gets extended a bit.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Don't know if anyone else has this image but randomly when opening tabs on the sites for new threads via links it will start telling me I'm not logged in.
Happening to anyone else?
I've just tested this, and I can't reproduce it in Firefox. Is this happening for you in multiple browsers just out of interest?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Chrome for me, multiple windows and tabs but same browser.
Don't know if it was a isolated bug as not happened in a few days but was a royal pain.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
I have applied a core upgrade to our software. Please let me know if anything appears broken, especially in relation to the theme.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
The recent downtime has been logged and is currently under investigation, I will post when I have further updates.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Further update!

The site has now been transferred to a new host, hence the recent downtime. With our new host we have vastly upgraded our VPS specs which should stop any further errors. Plus we even managed to get this for less than what we was paying (saving £2 a month :cheers:)

For those interested, CN is hosted in the following VPS:
  • 4GB RAM
  • 4 CPU Cores
  • 96GB SSD disc space
  • 4TB bandwidth