• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Malicht Undead Thread!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@Malicht Hi there! You've done a really nice job painting up that wight king and Morghast so far. I used to be only into the skeletal stuff and never really took much to vampires, ghouls & zombies (all the fleshy stuff) but have grown to love (and buy loads) over the last several years.

It's still a bit strange seeing undead on round bases. Keep up the good work.

Dragonet

Wight King
Brilliant painting Malicht! I was envious when I saw the Wight King, then I saw the Morghast... I especially love the posing of the halberd and the detail on the spirit's face. Also that colour scheme matches my stuff perfectly, I'll be taking notes!

Malicht

Skeleton
Thanks for the kind words peeps!

My bone is done this way:

Rakarth flesh > Ushabti bone > Aggrax earthsahde over the lot > Pic out the details in Ushabti, then highlight in Bleached bone > White highlight. Thats it! You can also use Aggrax to pick out certain areas to darken it. I used Lahmian medium and Aggrax as a glaze too, just to pull it all together! :D

Hope it helps!

Malicht

Skeleton
After the final highlight. Basically when I am happy with the highlighting and feel I just want to pull it together a little more to take the edge of the highlights! :D

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
@Malicht You paint your bone in a similar way to me, with a few added stages. I'll bare that in mind for larger models I do.

Which blue colours did you use on your blue ethereals? I've been playing with a few schemes but haven't found one that I'm satisfied with yet.

Malicht

Skeleton
I base them with celestra grey, then I "wash" them with Nihilak Oxide. Once that's dried completely I then highlight it with ulthuan grey. It's pretty simple but I think it looks okay!

Malicht

Skeleton
Thanks man, and as above, I base them with celestra grey, then I "wash" them with Nihilak Oxide. Once that's dried completely I then highlight it with ulthuan grey. It's pretty simple but I think it looks okay!

Hoping to get some more painting down on Monday and Tuesday, I will hopefully have more to share then! :D

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
I base them with celestra grey, then I "wash" them with Nihilak Oxide. Once that's dried completely I then highlight it with ulthuan grey. It's pretty simple but I think it looks okay!
A surprisingly simple yet effective method, great work and thanks for sharing your technique. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work up here soon :thumbsup:

I love the colour of the bone on that wight king, it really looks like those bones are old and ancient. Also awesome work on the spirit coming out the back of that morghast it really makes the mini pop, I can't wait to see what you do next.

Thanks man! Hopefully an update on the Morghast tomorrow. Should have him finished. I am hoping to have a small force ready to play games asap. So the paintwork will be a little rushed. Does mean I can focus a little more on the characters though!

Okay, first Morghast done.

I have had to rush this slightly for two reasons:

1) I want to get a painted Age of Sigmar force done as quickly as possible.

2) I have a bajillion things I need to get painted.

I am still getting used to my new camera too, and I should really start using my lightbox again for better quality pictures.

Anyway, here he is!

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golden-throne.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2Fmorgdone.jpg&hash=bba6569c1e00e316168796a5c507a466

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golden-throne.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2Fmorgdone1.jpg&hash=e2eec8aa01f1db0ddd2349f71f82a92d

proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.golden-throne.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F07%2Fmorgdone2.jpg&hash=bb0936a031a0a76dbaf711e195613d48