• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Marius (VC) vs Sanai (VC) SoM 3000 pts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
In a dark forest, in the old world, there stands a lone tower. This tower is occupied by a madman, a wizened old man, who could have been a great wizard, but instead lost his sanity long ago while living alone in his crumbling tower, searching for power always. Now, he has found it. He has unlocked the ley lines connecting beneath the tower, a tower built long ago by some unknown enchanter to tap into the hidden winds of magic, into a locus point for ethereal power. With a great cracking of earth, the tower lifted from the ground, floating atop a hurricane of crackling energies, as an unnatural storm coalesced around the cackling wizard and the ancient tower, drawing the attention of two vampires, who even now race towards the tower as fast as they can....

This will be a 3000 pts Storm of Magic Game, with a 750 pts allowance for pacts/monsters/magic, using the "Mad Mage of Drakwald Downs" Scenario from the Storm of Magic book. Fighting it out are me and marius, both using Vampire Counts armies.

For several weeks now the winds of magic had been in uproar, blowing stronger than they had for centuries. For one such as Lady Lucia Von Steiner, this was an opportunity that could not be missed. Sitting silently and alone in her coach, she cast her mind back, remembering the time she had stumbled across the place that she was now, finally, returning too.

Long ago, she had discovered an ancient tower, built upon a nexus of power. She had been young then, by the standards of her kind, and whilst her abilities had not yet grown strong enough to unlock it's mysteries, the energies flowing throughout the place had comforted her, yet seemed only sufficient in keeping the structure from collapsing upon itself.

From reading many of the books within the tower, she discovered that there had been times in the past when the winds of magic had blown with terrifying force. It was only during these 'storms' that wizards had been able to tap into the untold power that flowed through 'fulcrums' such as this tower.

Realising that she would have to wait until such an event occured again, Lucia abandoned the tower & began to travel across the old world.

Finally, that time is at hand and Lucia is determined that the mortal mage that she senses has taken control of her prize will pay for his foolishness. More worryingly, she also senses that another of her kind is also on the move, and has designs on taking the tower for themselves.

This shall not come to pass.

*cough*...Oooo fluffball :lol:

Right, did you want to sort the map out or do you want me to have a crack at it? Having not used BC before, you'll have to excuse me if I'm a bit slow with getting to grips with everything :redface:

Bravo_10

Dark Lord of Eternal Sorrow
True Blood
I'd better see a Zombie Dragon in here somewhere... *stern glare*

Zanos

Vampire Count
True Blood
Or an exalted greater daemon!

Edit: disregard that, use both if you consider yourself a man.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
*Crumples beneath the stern stare* Seems like I'm gunna need to modify my army list before we start Marius.

Fine with me - Actually, if it's all the same I'm going to make a couple of changes myself.

Having the GG w/ Hoff banner in one of my friendly lists is just making me feel dirty.

@Bravo - Hmm, seems like you've got quite an ability there - I propose you get given the following rule :-

Bravo's Stern Glare of Submission - Heroic Killing Blow on a 2+ - only works online.

xD

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
As the winds of magic crackled and flowed, an ancient being awoke from his rest, stirring from his position on his throne of bone and metal. Closing his eyes, Lord Sanai Callistarius's mind searched, reading the winds of magic as they blew past his ancient keep. He had went into his slumber, waiting for an oppertunity like this. Stepping forth from his, he stretched his hand out, a flash of incandescent reds and purples flashing across the floor, lighting a ritual circle in the centre of his throneroom. As he stepped into the centre of the circle, the ceilling and walls of the room seemed to fade away, and the winds of magic became visible to his naked eye. As he looked upon the raging currents of power, he summoned to his side an ancient tome, filled with maps and descriptions of sites of power, of potential arcane fulcrums he could harness. His attention was drawn to a description of an ancient tower, within the depths of a dark forest. As his thoughts reached out, he felt a prescence at the tower.... a mortal wizard.. not surprising at all. But then, he felt another mind, brushing his own in surprise. He snapped the connection, smiling. Another vampire was seeking the same power as he. He would relish the battle ahead.

As Lord Callistarius ascended to the top tower of his keep, he began speaking words of power, activating the necromatic wards and enchantments of his castle, quickly awakening legions of skeletons and summoning deadly spirits. An unearthly roar cried out in the silence of his dead fortress, as a massive hulk of bone and ancient rotting flesh alighted atop the tower in front of him. He would fly to this battle.

List updated, as well as the SoM portion (needed to balance the loss of the necro)

Lists here
VC-3000 pts
SoM-750 pts

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Themonsters/etc allocation in a 3000 pts match is 750. Exalted Greater Daemons cost more than that, making them by far the highest points models in the game.

Righty ho.

Updated Lists:-
https://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-VC-3000-Pts-Casual
https://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-750pts-SoM-part

Should make things interesting & give plenty of scope for shenanigans :thumbsup:

I've also put a map together - make any changes you'd like. Wasn't sure what to use as the tower in the centre - went for a Dreadstone Blight, but again, if you think there's something better, feel free to change it.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Looks good to me. We going to take turns deploying units or just place down our whole armies?

I'll take the top.

Did you have a preference between deploying all at once or taking it in turns?

Edit: Eh, Just had a re-read of the scenario rules & it says deploy all.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
My deployment done. Time to roll for spells!
Firstly, rolling for Lord Sanai's Spells.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
So, thats gaze of nagash, curse of years... and I will replace the 2 duplicate gaze of nagash's with Vanhel's Danse Macabre and Wind of Undeath.
Rolling for Hazane and his Lore of Shadows....

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Okay, so thats The Withering and the Penumbral Pendulum.
Time to roll for De'lakai's Lore of Death Spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.