• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Marius (VC) Vs Voidwright (VC) 1500pts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last 2 units placed - only characters remaining to place.

Also, you need to adjust both the size of your Mortis Engine & the amount of models in your second skeleton unit.

Heroes Placed. Something was wrong with those skeletons, so I had to delete and recreate the unit, which altered its size to match the other skeleton unit. Heroes are placed. Rolling for first turn, with +1 for finishing deployment first.

Oops, turns out I forgot that I had the CC to place :slapface:

Ok, all remaining units & characters placed - I've added an extra model to the units that have characters in them due to the fact they should displace a model, however BC isn't programmed to just move a model to make way for them. Just need to remember the unit has one less model than indicated.

Roll for first turn needing 4+

I have a total of 7 power dice, leaving you with 4 + successful channel attempts.

Forgot to roll for the Mortis Engine -

Woooooooo! Miscast right off the bat. It's irresistable, so I'll roll left to right for my zombies(2), then sw1(1), then sw2 (1), then for my miscast. IoN will have healed the engine's wound.

Calamatous detonation... Weeeeelp, I'm not sure how to resolve how many skels are under the hole. The lord is in the front east corner. The banshee will also take a s10 hit. The banshee and some skels are just in the 6" range of regen. I'll have to handle the skels when I have your input. For now, here's the to wound for the lord, his wardsave (only counted if relevant), the banshee, her regen save (if relevant), and the d6 loss of powerdice from the pool.

Against all odds, the wound inflicted to the lord is deflected, the banshee wasn't wounded, and I've only lost 2 power dice, leaving me with 3. Awaiting your response...

Ok, I've added the template to the map above. I've centered it on where your lord should be in the formation, meaning there are 6 skeletons being hit.

However....

Voidwright said:
Well, the ME took a wound. For my first trick, I'll dump three into IoN, bumped up to 12.
Voidwright said:
Woooooooo! Miscast right off the bat. It's irresistable, so I'll roll left to right for my zombies(2), then sw1(1), then sw2 (1), then for my miscast. IoN will have healed the engine's wound.
You realise that under the new rules, your lord can't raise the skeletons above their starting amount? You'd need a necro/master necro with the Master of the Dead upgrade (like Claus) for that & GG can't be raised beyond the starting amount under any circumstance.

Also, whilst I appreciate you attempting to raise my zombies & skellys, I don't think that was your intent xD.

Lastly, you forgot to add your wizard's level to the casting attempt - as he's a lvl4 you only needed to roll 8+ to get the spell off.

If you like, we can ignore that casting & re-start the magic phase from before your casting roll - either way, here's the roll for my channeling. Claus will roll 3 dice for his (as I think he's just within 6" of the Arcane Ruin) & 1 for Basil.

You are absolutely correct on the skels. I included them because it was very, very late for me and my brain was functioning at a sub-par level. However, the spell does still touch them, but they simply cannot be raised beyond starting numbers, meaning we don't have to redo any rolls - the dice are essentially wasted on them.

I'll roll with the punches... can't always expect the dice to go in my favor, even on the first turn. Besides, the damage isn't so bad. Rolling for the gg's wounds.

Man... the dice do not love me this game. No saves... And to clarify, I was casting the 12' version of IoN earlier.

I moved the template out of the way in the event that we need it again. Although, it'd be useful to know where it is in the future, I suppose.

Tossing 3 at Doom and Darkness, centered on your Master Necromancer's unit.

Let's find out.

Also, the templates, rulers, etc are under the 'counters' bit on the left :thumbsup:

Lvl 4 Necro, needing 6+

So here's my movement.

Just to clarify, the Z2 moved whilst the general was in range & then the general marched across into the zombies.

Magic phase :happy:

WoM roll:-

Eh, well that's crappy.

Same as last time, Claus will roll 3 for channeling (arcane ruin) & Basil will get his one.

Status
Not open for further replies.