• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Maximizing during charge

dongilles

Grave Guard
Hello all,

My opponent has Epidemius in a unit of Plaguebearers on a side. I charge this unit with 4 Morghasts(in 2 ranks). When I charge I need to maximise the models in combat but because I wanted to direct all my attacks at Epidemius I made sure that both models on the front rank were in B2B with Epi.

Is this legal? or do I need to charge the center of the plaguebearer unit?

also see te picture, I charged like in the right picture.

Attachments

It´s illegal, you have to maximize the models in contact of BOTH units, the charger and the charged

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
HugoMac has it right. When charging you have to maximize fighters on both sides. Best you could do is touch corner to corner with Epidemius so only one Morghast in the front and one in the back could hit him.

As long as you maximize the models, you can also bring 2 of your Morghasts into B2B with Epi. But from your image it looks like you had to charge as depicted in the right scribble.

It is not always center to center. In most cases its not like that to maximize the models.