• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Morghast

At the same time I quite like those and I don't like those at all. They are flying with jetpacks? I think at first they stand on the ground, but then someone said "hey put those big fellas flying/hoovering and you got 50 minutes to do that". How about if I try to convert some monstrous mounts ridden by vampires or large wights ie. ogrewights? statlines could just be same. Well have to playtest those first. btw tell if someone know any good "gigantic wight" models.

John Rainbow

Crypt Horror
I think they're pretty cool. Sorry. Plus they are floating on spirit-y-ness like the mortis or something. Not jetpacks.

actually, that is quite nice. however 33 euros for 1, when you need 2 -4 or even 6 of them is too expensive for me, but that huge gargoyle idea was good.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
To be honest as nice as the models are the hovering spirits I feel don't help them.
I have been considering getting some and converting them to be on foot running like full tilt juggernauts smashing things aside with their armoured mass. :D

Alastor

Black Knight
"Full tilt juggernauts" now that would be an amazing thing to see. I might have to buy some now damnit.. Oh well, rent isn't important right?

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
No it is not. ;)
Who needs rent when you have Juggernauts? :D

As I said though, Imagine them on foot, leaning forwards as they charge swinging their halberds...
Suddenly they look freaking awesome!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Most thing I dislike new VC/UL stuff is that I always consider VC to be kind of Victorian aged and style. Now new morghasts and Nagash just don't fit there Imo. This is far superior to fit in that style Imo http://5-th-dimension.blogspot.fi/2010/01/nagash-v3.html
and can be used as hierotitan or nagash? BTW how tall is nagash model?
I see what your saying but there was a huge influx of Egyptian and Middle Eastern statues etc to the empire in the Victorian age simply as the spils of war and other cultures being in high demand as a way to display wealth and taste.
Such as Egyptian stone needles, these were so popular as grave stones at one point there are sections in some graveyards in London deadicated to different styles and are the size of small towns.

These statues can follow the same influence, remember mannfred went to nekaria to learn more of the powers of undeath, imagine Victorian England with occult obsessed nobles experimenting bring ancient guardian statues to life in order to do their bidding.

If you are dead set against using them or converting them though, I would say use things like skin wolves and haves them climbing over buildings leaping from their wolves or even taking things like crypt horrors and weaponising them like a more drill honor guard of ghouls with armour plates, helms and pole arms etc.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Its a nice model and I have bought and used some of their gear before.
There is a few issues however if you go outside of cost, the two big ones are its a very soft metal so it can bend and break easily and secondly they work off a different scale so hands, faces etc are allot smaller than you would expect which really becomes noticeable when put next to GW minis, with this being larger it won't be so noticeable but it still none the less something to watch out for.