• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

lord voltron

Zombie
May 16, 2016
dorset
hi there bloodsuckers iv just bought myself a mortarch but it was the age of sigmar version and i want to put it on the fantasy base, is it the large monster base (like the arachnarok and terrorgheist)?

many thanks

Oppenheimer

Varghulf
May 26, 2013
It's not that big. It's not as small as a chariot either. It's a bizarre in between size. I still have Neferata on one. I'll see about measuring it when I get home.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
I am pretty sure they came with a 60x100mm base. That is what we had in mind when designing the Great Monstrous Reverent for 9th Age.

lord voltron

Zombie
May 16, 2016
dorset
Many thanks for taking the time to help me people, ok that's going to be a hard one to find on eBay I guess it will be easier to make my own one out of mdf!

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Or maybe get a normal chariot base, cut in half and fill the missing 1cm. Probably more trouble than building one from scratch, but you'll get the standard base sides easily out of it ;)

Infernal Skull

Wight King
Apr 21, 2012
Yeah, it's the 60mm x 100mm, same as the Hell Pit Abomination and the Screaming Bell. When making one, the Easiest thing to do might be to take a bunch of 20mm squares, glue them to a piece of styrene card in a 3-wide by 5-deep layout. Trim off the excess card fill the gaps between the bases with putty. This will give you the same bevel as the other GW bases. Then, use a sanding stick to sand the edges so the base plastic and putty is smooth and uniform.

Reactions: Dragonet

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu