• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

MSU VC ? "Zombies dont Count LOL"

Aedin

Black Knight
So I play tested my "Screaming Blending Good" Time and did not much care for it.

So I brain stormed this idea. If your wondering why so many command models its because only units with command models may claim objectives.

Vampire Lord
shield, heavy armor, Hellsteed, LVL 4 caster LOV
...Ogre Blade
...TOP
...OTS
...Beguile
...Quickblood
...Red Fury

Necromancer
LVL 1 LOV
...Dispel Scroll

Black Knights x5
Musician

Zombie Horde x30
Standard

Zombie Horde x30
Standard

Zombie Horde x30
Standard

Zombie Horde x30
Standard

Zombie Horde x30
Standard

Dire Wolves x5
Doom Wolf

Dire Wolves x5
Doom Wolf

Dire Wolves x5
Doom Wolf

Hexwraiths x5
Hellwraith

Hexwraiths x5
Hellwraith

Spirit Host x1

Vargheist X3
Vargoyle

Vargheist X3
Vargoyle

Terrorgheist

Terrorgheist

What's that 17 drops? Nice. I'm assuming that the VL goes with the BK's. I would worry about them getting whittled down to the point of losing Look out sir. This looks like it would be alot of fun in the movement phase. Plus with 150 zombies starting, a couple of bubbled invocations would make for a ton of models on the table!

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Looks fun, I'd say drop those Black Knights and grab a wraith and a Spirit host. Guessing you're going for the 4up LoS shenanigans with the HW, if that's the case beef those 2 units up to 7 with the BK points. Remember you won't get a LoS as it is from the HW.

Aedin

Black Knight
But what about cannons. The BK buss is to try and look out sir at least one shot before they deliver their payload.

I am planning on using hexwraiths or Vargs (in case of organ gun) to shield the vamp. (Is this what you meant by 4 up shenanigans bigbadbat ?)

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
Get that Vamp charmed shield.
If your VL is 3" away frim either HW unit, he may take a 4+ LoS. I've run this to great effect, albeit before the dawn of Storm fiends. Get those HW to seven though and maybe drop the Hellwraiths? You can certainly get Hard Cover from the HW or Vargs, but keep that Vamp within 3" ofthe 2 HW units. That will give you 4+ LoS, 2+ charmed shield, and a 4+ ward against those cannons. If they're not skullcannons, the HW shrug off the Cannonball and laugh.

bigbadbat

Harbinger of Dandelions
True Blood
You've got to be very careful with your angles and hit targets with multiple units and you should be alright

Aedin

Black Knight
Ohh man I always thought that 4+ LoS was a ward and therefor did not stack with TOP...

NVM I just remembered its a LOS roll not a ward. I totally forgot about the 3 inch LOS 4up rule. Thanks for reminding me.

Maybe I should drop the Black Knights altogether and add 1 more spirit host and bump the hexwraiths up to 6 and 7 models.

Last edited:

estwheadn

Black Knight
Hated it at first, now starting to like it. The dual terrorgheists and screaming into combat is viscious. NEVER charge anything good (hexwraiths, vargheists, terrorgheists, vampire) into the same combat with one of those zombies units. With such small numbers in these units and wounds lost to combat res will REALLY hurt. Maybe try running the knights 3x2 to try to assasinate a character or something with killing blow