• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Multiple Magical Standards

I dont think we can have more than 2 in one unit (unitstandard+bsb) but yeah, both will affect the unit or the opponent.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
I dont think we can have more than 2 in one unit (unitstandard+bsb) but yeah, both will affect the unit or the opponent.
I am not sure, but I think in 7th edition, you could have more than two by capturing standards, hence the point of the Cursed Banner. I think it's been a while for @Eternal Salvation, so he might need some brushing up on rules changes.

Capturing standards can only be done in closecombat but only pays off in Victory Points, 25pts/banner i think.
Ive never heard of capturing banners and being able to use them in 8th ed.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Capturing standards can only be done in closecombat but only pays off in Victory Points, 25pts/banner i think.
Ive never heard of capturing banners and being able to use them in 8th ed.
"Capturing" a banner doesn't do anything in 8th edition except for Beastmen and Blood and Glory, I think. Even then, Blood and Glory doesn't really count it as "capturing," you just have to kill the bannerman. I didn't play 7th edition much, but I know that the cursed banner, when captured, caused D6 S4 hits against the unit; the unit could discard the banner to stop taking the hits, but would lose the capturing bonus. I don't know if capturing a banner otherwise did anything for the unit. Regardless, two is the max for 8th edition.

Okay, thanks for the help guys!
Lots has changed since 7th, it seems. Also I've heard people talking about 9th Ed coming. Hopefully I can get a handle on the rules before they change again!

Im pretty sure capturing a regular banner gives Victory Points. Just as capturing a battle standard gives 100 victory points.

I have no book available so i cant do any research but id advise to look into that @Alabaster427