• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Multiple Sclerosis Charity Tourney 1000 points team list

Hey guys,

So I'm entering a 1000 point 2v2 tourney with the aim to raise money for MS research in a couple weeks.

Originally I had heard that the tourney would allow no lords, and only 25% heroes. So had been making lists to go with that. I just got the players pack and it's 50% heroes, so I've adjusted. Also my partner who plays lizzies also backed out so I'll be playing solo. We were going to play fast lists with him playing all skinks except a stegadon and an ancient stegadon to travel with my fast side. What do people of think of my two lists?

List one (original)
Necro, lvl 2, LoV, barded nightmare, Book of Arkhan
Necro, lvl 1, LoV, barded nightmare, dispel scroll

13x Direwolves (bunker)
2X5 direwolves (chaff and redirect)
5x Skeleton horse archers (war machine hunters)

11x Black Knights FC, BoB, barding, lances

Casket o Souls

The point was to have a fast punchy army that can regenerate itself (hence 2x IoN), but I feel the army lacking punch, and so considered a list less the BoA, and a knight in favour of upgrading the casket for a coach. It would blend in with the two stegadons for cannon target saturation. Another option was to trade 1BK and the casket for a unit of Hexies.

List Two (505 heroes, solo list)

Necro, lvl 2, scroll
Tomb Prince, sword of might, glittering scales, dragonbane gem, sheild

39x VC skeletons, FC, spears, Banner of Eternal Flame (I would really like to take the banner of undying legion here, but can't make it work out well)
20x zombie

corpse cart
5x hexwraiths

black coach

Some thoughts: there are no lords allowed, so Ld will be low. I had toyed with the idea of a AoDM vamp and casket with a banshee, or else even taking the Rod of Flaming Death if just one necro.

Since my partner backed out I'm stuggling. I don't know who I will be paired up with. Any suggestoins? Other models I have available include blood knights, varghulf, bat swarms, mounted or on foot vampires, wraiths, banshee, up to 26 BKs, 60 skeletons.

Thanks for any input!

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Hello there

It's great that your club is doing that event. I salute you all.

vampire hero, RF, Armor of Destiny, extra handweapon or great weapon, Invocation.
30 skellies, command
30 skellies, command
5 wolves
5 wolves
5 hexwraiths
varghulf

It's over in core points but its better to have some things that can take charges than not considering what you have available.

By the way, Undying Legion is only for TK units and it costs 5 ghouls to purchase.

Hey Seneschal,

Yes it's really great to play Warhammer in support of MS! To raise additional funds, they have 6 mercenary units available that go on a blind auction for each of the three games! All money raised goes to the charity. Oh and you can pay like $5 for a single die reroll.

About that banner, the only way I could think to get it was a Tomb Herald BSB, and that's just too many points. I might as well get another necro instead. If a tomb prince could carry the banner I would do it for sure!

I like the idea of using a vampire, but I'd be nervous to just have one lvl 1, especially if the skellies are blocks of only 30. If a unit like that goes in to combat with something tough it could easily pop in one turn. In my experience, people are always saving up their dice to counter my invocations, that is why I wanted the second casting.

What about this:
Vamp, lvl 1, LoVamp, QBlood, Enchanted Shield, SoMight
Necro, lvl 2, MotDead, ruby ring, DScroll

37 Skeletons, FCommand
20 zombies
5 Wolves

5 Hexies

Varghulf

The thought on this vampire setup is to assume you're going first, and to kill any challenger, lol. The best defene is a good offence~ He'd also have to be the general. It just seems like a waste giving him a 4+ WS on 2 wounds, even though he's only T4. I'd also considered switching out QB and putting in the BoArkhan and RF, but then dropping the wolves. Thing is, it's a team tournament, so the winds of magic need to be shared between two people. Another thought I had was to swap the Necro's gear for the Rod of Flaming Death. It will really help clear the chaff, expecially in this low Ld environment, but then no scroll : /

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
Sounds great! Best of luck raising funds!

That list could definitely work. My only worry is the lack of protection on the vamp although I can see ruby ring doing a lot of good.