• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I picked up a Venkhalt the Soulreaper from Fireforge for a more traditional wight king, and while I was working on him I dropped his shield carrying arm and can't find it. Once I do find it, I'll have 500 points ready to field and paint. Might pick up a bunch of heater shield sprues, haven't decided. Classic me.

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Any recommendations for a weapon? Thinking mace, but the sword is iconic. Have an axe as well.

Edit: Decided to go with the sword.

Attachments

• IMG_20210208_174031048_HDR (1).jpg
    IMG_20210208_174031048_HDR (1).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Sword was the right choice, but now I'm regretting the kopis I gave the skeletons. Hrm.

Attachments

• 2021-02-09.jpg
    2021-02-09.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Getting ready to apply green stuff to the mounted and infantry wight king model. Wasn't sure if I was going to run the mounted version with a shield, but this looks good. More than good.

Attachments

• WightKing1.jpg
    WightKing1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 10
  • WightKing2.jpg
    WightKing2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 10

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
I was going to put the book in his hand, but it ended up not fitting correctly... so I went with the floating book trick.

Attachments

• 2021-05-24 (4).jpg
    2021-05-24 (4).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 7

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Really like the custom necro - the floating book trick would look awesome if you can paint him with a glow from his hand? The roses perhaps detract from the overall feel of threat, but again this is probably just something for the paint work.

Where have you got to with your Wight King?

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Really like the custom necro - the floating book trick would look awesome if you can paint him with a glow from his hand? The roses perhaps detract from the overall feel of threat, but again this is probably just something for the paint work.

Where have you got to with your Wight King?
I think black, purple, or marble roses would look appropriate.

I was working on that Wight King just before GW announced their new model, and when they did I lost interest. So now I'm waiting for the Start Collecting box to drop. I needed the other models in it as well, so it works out.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
marble roses would look appropriate
if you could get the roses to actually look like marble, with the veins, that would look brilliant! 👍

I was working on that Wight King just before GW announced their new model, and when they did I lost interest. So now I'm waiting for the Start Collecting box to drop. I needed the other models in it as well, so it works out.
Fair enough, look forward to seeing more additions when you get hold of the box

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Mounted Wight King and Black Knights are ready for priming, I also put together a human necromancer. Now I'm working on the Grave Guard. Fighting myself over buying GW skeletons.

Painting Queue:
Vampire Lord
Necromancer (2)
Crimson Court (4)
Mounted Wight King
Black Knights (5)
Grave Guard (20)
Off Brand Skeletons (??)

Reactions: Unas the slayer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu