• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Lord Firmshaft

Grave Guard
Aug 15, 2007
Liverpool
Well find below a link to the report of my Sunday games at the Gt the second one is vs vamps so i thought id post it here for you all to read. Enjoy

http://www.bugmansbrewery.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19450

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Very peculiar list of his there... and I hope that's your mistake and not his, cos he can't put the Book of Arkhan and Black Periapt on the same Necromancer! Looks like a tight game, he made silly mistakes (He left his Thrall out on his own when facing an army with a fair few missile troops? Madness!) and got a bit lucky by the looks of it...

Lord Firmshaft

Grave Guard
Aug 15, 2007
Liverpool
Well i was more stating what items he had so the book could have been on the necromancer as i never saw any dispells (i wouldnt would i).

So close yet soooooooooo far

As for the thrall why didnt he just put it in a unit of ghouls for the first time? Still i wasnt going ignore a gift like that first turn was i?

If i had just been able to stop the skeletons from charging my rear...

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 26, 2007
Lord Firmshaft said:
As for the thrall why didnt he just put it in a unit of ghouls for the first time?
Probably because it's illegal.

Lord Firmshaft

Grave Guard
Aug 15, 2007
Liverpool
Really? i thought he could - oh well its been a while since i play Strigs, but a unit of skeletons for the first turn would have been enough to stop him getting shot at

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, no characters can join Ghouls, but the Skeletons would have been a great starting point for him. Looking at the placings he was in the funny alternating block of Vampire Counts players who came in the 70s - 80s (How sad that I, placed 60th, was still the third best VC player there- I think the other two both took Mannfred too)...

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Aug 19, 2007
Indeed, if you would have made it through you would face some serious cheddar... just the thought of it makes me shiver.

Regardless, seems like you had a good time and in the end that is all that matters(especially in a GT where some players go all out crazy just to win!).

Cheers and have a pint fellow dwarf!

FatOlaf

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
London
Excellent read Lord F, I went back and read all your BR's from the GT, how on earth did you remember all that, did you take notes and do drawings?
Seriously like your use of the Anvil, as a movment device, so much better than lists I have faced that just sit back and use it as part of gunline.
And I love how general after general used good stuff to take out your bolt thrower only for it to explode and wipe them out, so funny..........

Lord Firmshaft

Grave Guard
Aug 15, 2007
Liverpool
Thank you i have been workin gon my memory by making all these maps ever since the start of the 7th edition. I just draw a quick map at the start and the rest just follows. My bolt thrower has probably killed more over the course through blowing up than kills (my mate says it normally goes miss, miss, hit - dont wound, blow up)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu