• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

My Beastmen 1000 points list

ironlord

Black Knight
Can any of you guys have a look over it, I posted it on the herdstone and got a few ideas, maybe an undead mind can give it a different perspective.
I'm having a few games on saturday (today being friday) so its very last minute but I appreciate any ideas on tactics for either list. The only problem is that I don't have models to change about the list as this is all I have at the moment.

I have two alternative lists;
First List: Shaman and Small Units

Wargor
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Gouge Tusks
-Gnarled Hide
-Sword of Might (actually a mace but who cares)

Bray Shaman
-lvl 2
-gnarled hide
-dispel scroll

Gor Herd 10 Gors
-Full Command
-Second hand Weapon

20 ungor raiders
-4 units of 5

Tuskgor Chariot (under construction)

10 warhounds (awaiting paint)
-2 units of 5

5 centigors (also awaiting paint)
-Full command
-Throwing axes

Jabberslythe (awaiting the last of the basing and paint)

Second List: Power Chariot with larger Gors

Wargor
-Heavy Armour
-Shield
-Gouge Tusks
-Gnarled Hide
-Sword of Might (actually a mace but who cares)

Wargor
-Mounted on Chariot
-Brass Cleaver
-Ramhorn Helm

Gor Herd 12 Gors
-Champion Musician
-Second hand Weapon

20 ungor raiders
-4 units of 5

10 warhounds (awaiting paint)
-2 units of 5

5 centigors (also awaiting paint)
-Full command

Jabberslythe (awaiting the last of the basing and paint)

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Not sure if I've commented on the list over on the Herdstone but I'll just throw a few pointers here...

In your 1st list you've doubled up on the Gnarled hide, I don't believe 2 characters can have the same "gift" within the army...

Can you give a bit of an idea on how you intend to run the list? I'm still coming to grips with how Beasts really play but I find the block troops aren't quite tough enough to form a proper anvil unit, so the traditional hammer and anvil ploy doesn't really pull through...

The 4 units of Ungor and 2 units of dogs are my staple units as well, very handy!

I'm not certain on Centigors yet or the best use for them, I'd really like to know how you fare with them!

ironlord

Black Knight
Well the main plan is to distract my opponent with the little units and hit home with the heavy chariot/centigors/wargors.
Hope to hit a flank and roll the army over from one end of the board to another.
The Jabberslythe is going to use it's fear abilities and take some ranks if need be, just make a real nuisance of itself, its an expensive nuisance but it has 5 wounds and toughness 5 so im hoping that it becomes a long term nuisance.