• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

my fisrt vc army (please peach)

This is my frist attempt at army building. i have never played vc befor so i would love to hear any crituges or suggestions. playing 8th edtion

Army Name: Count Reth's
Lord 1
18.8%
Hero 4
22%
Core 5
39.5%
Special 1
9.8%
Rare 0
0%
CoreNonMin 2
10%

375 pts 1 x Vampire Lord
The Flayed Hauberk
Dark Acolyte
Forbidden Lore
Blood Drinker
Power Stone
Nightmare

80 pts 1 x Necromancer (on corpse cart)
Dispel Scroll

80 pts 1 x Necromancer(on corpse cart)
Dispel Scroll

140 pts 1 x Vampire (with skeletons)
Tomb Blade
The Cadaverour Cuirass

140 pts 1 x Vampire (with skeletons)
Tomb Blade
The Cadaverour Cuirass

183 pts 19 x Skeleton Warriors
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer
Equipment
Spear

183 pts 19 x Skeleton Warriors
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer
Equipment
Spear

160 pts 20 x Crypt Ghouls

132 pts 30 x Zombie Horde
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer

132 pts 30 x Zombie Horde
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer

195 pts 10 x Grave Guard
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer
Seneschal
Magic Banners
Banner of the Barrows

100 pts 1 x Corpse Cart
Equipment
Unholy Lodestone

100 pts 1 x Corpse Cart
Equipment
Unholy Lodestone

Total Army Points: 2000pts

Some many views and not a signal response. Could it be my spelling or is this a sign my list needs a complete rehaul

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
That is just the case on these forums. There are a lot of lurkers here :tongue:

I would like to congratulate you. You are the first new person I have seen in a long time who has put up an army list in a consistant format without breaking any of the forum rules for posting. I hope you read that article and this was not by chance :tongue:
Usually though it helps to also say what you have and the tactics you would like to follow when playing with your army list.

Onto the actual list, I'd say it was more of a complete rehaul issue :tongue:

The trouble is, in this current edition all units need to be really beefy to be able to take damage. For instance, those skeletons wont last and the GG are sure to be wiped out before they have had the chance to have an impact on the game. it's rare to see in a game of this size a unit of less than 30 unless it is a bunker. At the least, if you want to be taking grave guard you need to have another 10 in that unit otherwise they will just be free victory points.

At least with this army book, people NEVER pay for zombies (unless they are being ironic or as a joke or something along those lines). You should reserve them for summoning. this might change in the upcoming new release though so dont fret if you are a zombie lover.

The two skeleton bunkers i think is just chewing up points, I'd probably drop one of those skeleton units and probably one of the vampires with them anyway as you are not allowed to double up on magic items. the tombblade also cannot over-raise a skeleton unit as per the FAQ

Again, while you might want to take the two corpse carts as it can really hamper people's magic, having necromancers mounted on them turns them from being an annoyance to being a target so I would drop one of those necromancers and have the other one slog on foot.

Onto the vampire lord! without the earthing rod, you really want to be taking a ward save on your vampire lord seeing as shit hits the fan when your general dies and he will likely be able to be targetted with shooting. Given you havent used your allowance, it would be better for you to take the winged power, this way you can easily join units, get a look out sir and ar far less of a target than you would be if mounted on the nightmare. (note the nightmare isnt even providing an armour save bonus because the +2 armour from the hauberk cannot be improved)

I hope you can take something from this wall of text, none of this is meant to be sounding mean it's just that it can be hard to write a list for VC in the new rules without any experience and I thought this would be more informative then slowly dribbling it to you over a conversation :tongue:

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
Not ignoring you, but been very busy ! As lynks wrote, ditch the zombies for more GG . Then I would give both Necromancers VHD and drop a corpse cart- get those GG and Ghouls into combat ASAP . You do seem to have too many Vampire thralls, so try to get Helm of command on your lord, and, by juggling points, maybe a Varghulf or Black Coach. However, with a new book due anytime soon, this may all change overnight, so my biggest piece of advice is....... wait.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
You have duplicate magic items on the Vampire Thralls and the Necromancers. All magic items are unique in the army list. So, only one Dispel Scroll (this is a change from 7th to 8th).

Definately lose all the Zombies! That Grave Guard unit needs to be much bigger then it currently is. I take 20-25 usually, though most people prefer 30+.

The majority of people are taking 2 bigger Ghoul units and 1 Skeleton bunker unit. Depends on the models that you have, and how competitive of a list you are trying to build. I take more skeletons then ghouls usually, but that's due to model limitations.

Taking in the consideration of earleier suggestions i have recraeted my list. Note this is built in mind with what models i have (with an extra 80 zombies waiting on the side). I would like to apologize to bishop for misplacing my thread. Beside that i welcome all sugestions and ideas oh and propsotions.

Army setup:
-- General is plaved dead center and acts as the main cast.
-Skelly bunker is placed befor the General
-A unit of ghouls are place to either side of bunker.
-Vargulfs are placed on to each of the opposing flanks as grauds and rushers
- Necromancers are placed one a pice behind ghouls to act as healers and buffers.

Army Name: The Legion of Hunger's Revival
Lord 1
20%
Hero 3
18.2%
Core 3
44.2%
Special 0
0%
Rare 2
17.5%
CoreNonMin 0
0%

400 pts 1 x Vampire Lord
Magic Items
Earthing Rod
Dark Acolyte
Forbidden Lore
Walking Death
Wristbands of Black Gold
Equipment
Level 3 Wizard

200 pts 1 x Vampire
Magic Items
Tomb Blade
The Flayed Hauberk
Red Fury

70 pts 1 x Necromancer
Equipment
Vanhel's Danse Macabre

95 pts 1 x Necromancer
Magic Items
Dispel Scroll
Equipment
Vanhel's Danse Macabre

240 pts 30 x Crypt Ghouls

240 pts 30 x Crypt Ghouls

405 pts 40 x Skeleton Warriors
Group Options
Musician
Standard Bearer
Champion
Equipment
Spear
Magic Banners
Banner of the Endless Nightmare

xxx pts 1 x Varghulf

xxx pts 1 x Varghulf

Total Army Points: 2000pts

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
scholar23 said:
I would like to apologize to Bishop for misplacing my thread.
People make mistakes (particularly new users) don't worry about it.

Posting the individual model costs for Varghulf/Black Coach (single models) is one of the most common errors when posting a list.

:siren:Removed Varghulf point costs in accordance with the forum rules regarding army list posting.

Please review various forum rules (links in my sig):siren:

I like the 2nd list much better then the 1st one.