• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

My Vampire Lord Options

ironlord

Black Knight
Ok so I have the model ready to go and you can check it out HERE!

But I haven't got a point cost for it so what do you think of these?

Vamp Lord
-Abyssal Terror
-Red Fury
-Infinate Hatred
-Walking Death
-Sword of Strength
-Enchanted Shield
-Sceptre De Noirot
-Walach's Bloody Hauberk

Thats 540 points.

The plan is for him too crash into the side and rip apart some infanty. The Sceptre De Noirot is to help him raise a unit of zombies behind the enemy (unit strength of at least 10 to destroy any fleeing units) so that when he crashes in the enemy has no where to run.
I think he is designed too kill alot of enemies but if you have any suggestions im happy to hear them.

Next up is my giant/hero killer.

Vampire Lord
-Abyssal Terror
-Infinate Hatred
-Walking Death
-Flayed Hauberk
-Hand of dust
-Axe of Kings

540 points that is designed to go up against ogre level (maybe higher monsters), but the idea of the hand of dust was to run in and use it to wreck the enemy and clear up anything else with the sword of kings (I said axe because of the model) using the infinate hatred to make sure I hit.

Last combo is the offensive magic caster.

Vamp Lord
-Abyssal Terror
-Extra Magic level
-Dark Accolyte
-Lord of the Dead
-Creatures of the Knight
-Forbidden Lore
-Sceptre De Noitot
-Wristbands of Black Gold
-Helm of Commandment

470 points of spam cast.
This guy isnt going in for a fist fight with anything but could be used to crush a small unit of skirmishers or a small unit if he gets the charge. But his primary function is too go in, raise a bunch of undead then fly away again to do it elsewhere. Giving him all the spells gives him more options on the table.
The helm is a kind of extra item that makes him a bit more of a threat or helps him work defensively. Say for example I can see a unit of dwarf warriors coming towards me, I use raise dead (with SdN) to raise a unit of zombies, put them between me and the enemy and then use the hat to give them WS 7. This buys me a turn to either raise more dead and win the combat in a grind war, fly off to be elsewhere, or get some reinforcements in to deal with the warrior.

Since I haven't played warhammer in a while I would be greatful of any tips or hints you guys have.

p.s. ill get working on a new model for the spam caster

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Unfortunatly the first one is illegal, as you can't have 2 bits of magic armour (E-shield and WB hauberk). But it is my favorite one, (and suits the model best imo). The second one i'm not sure on as you can't KB Unit strength 3+ creatures, the sword of kings won't be much use. A lance for high strength attacks would be better imo.

ironlord

Black Knight
you cant have two bits of armour...
oh dear
then the shield has to go then

the KB is mostly for characters but I admit I didn't know about the US:3 rule

replace abyssal terror for zombie dragon(if you have the points)so you can kill people with breath wepond without going in combat the breath weapond is
srength 2 but - 3 to armor save hope i helped:)

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
I would probably shy away from using the Sword of Kings with a Lord mounted on an Abyssal Terror - you'll ideally want to keep him away from the enemy characters, lest they kill his fragile mount! The 'Terror will grant him the movement and mobility to hunt down the enemies flanks and rears, letting him stay clear of the majority of combat threats. I would try to capitalize on making him as efficient an infantry-slaughterer as possible. Upgrading the 'Terror to a Zombie Dragon would be a great in-game choice, but that's up to you and how well your miniature would fit in there. :)

I can't seem to find your Abyssal Terror though? Where in your plog is it, exactly?

ironlord

Black Knight
thanks master spark, i guess ill go for an infantry buster unit then
the abyssal terror is the last post (its currently being painted)