• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

My vampires

These look really stunning, especially the unit of grave guard (i think?), The colour scheme you picked for them looks amazing!! Very interested in your future pics!

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Thank you! Next thing I'll be working is a unit of black knights for my vampire.

Yeah, that's a unit of gave guard, they are converted from teutogen guard (I've got 28 of them).

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Good to see you back at the painting table!

That vampiress looks great! The model itself is superb and that 'alive' painting scheme makes her look really interesting, your mix of warm and cold colors turned out really good :) Those purple troops looks very nice too, but those grave guards are just brutal, good call using those Teutogen Guards for this. Do you have them still from the old days, or did you hunt sites like ebay for them?

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Good to see you back at the painting table!

That vampiress looks great! The model itself is superb and that 'alive' painting scheme makes her look really interesting, your mix of warm and cold colors turned out really good :) Those purple troops looks very nice too, but those grave guards are just brutal, good call using those Teutogen Guards for this. Do you have them still from the old days, or did you hunt sites like ebay for them?
Thanks mate, I'm really glad with how she's turning outs

I had 10 teutogen guard originally, I managed to get the rest off warseer on the cheap years ago.

I was wondering what was this grave guard based on. Teutogen guard so. I had to google it since i never saw this unit before... damn i'm so young in the business xD
However i don't recognize the mounted lady. Is it a reaper model or a gw one ?

I really like the ice glare you paint on your mini, this simple detail give them lot of expression.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Cheers dude,i originally did it to represent the magic binding the army together.

Anyway few other bits I have laying about for my counts

My count as vargulfs

The bottom one isn't finished yet and needs rebuilding after the last break (don't fix things when you're tired).

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Cool werewolves, really good job on them, they make awesome varghulfs :thumbsup: All the different fleshy tones on the skin wolf look amazing on him and the muscle definition on the second one is great! I like how different they are, despiting being also quite similar.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Cheers mate, I'm glad you like how they've turned out, I'm really happy with them (but the rackham wolf is a long way from done).

Now for sons bits I've been working on today. Vampire is nearly done, needs something, not sure what..

Last edited:

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
That pale color palette works very well on that black knight, good job :) As for the vampiress... she looks plenty fine to me. Well, maybe that saddle on the right side seems to be a bit flat. Maybe some sort of symbol would work good there?

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Thank you. Yeah the saddle certainly needs some more attention, I painted that ages ago and it's about the only part I haven got repainted yet.

Update on the vargulf

Update to the black knight

Last edited:

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Nice progress on those! Highlights on the werewolf turned out very good, that's some impressive muscle definition :) Glowing eyes on that wight was also a good call, looks good :) Also, the lighting on those photos seem to compliment the minis too.

logan054

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Thanks man. Sadly no real updates as my partners boy had used up a bunch ny paints. Bin through my bits box avc found zombies (still hunting for my dire wolves