• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
So I have already played 8 games with this and lost one so far (I hate dwarves). But the idea is simple, all the characters go in the Skellies with the two wraith units on the sides and the 3 spirit hosts in front of them. The Ghouls and the Ghiest anchor the flanks and I scream my way through the foe

DLW

Zombie
Mar 8, 2011
Neat list! I would also like to try something like this.

I've never had good luck with ghouls. If they hit another horde unit, they'll get decimated since str5,6 is kinda the norm now. But if they hit a unit only 5 wide, they don't do enough damage, so they become an expensive tarpit.

You could swap the ghouls for 2 units of 50 zombies to guard your flanks. It will also save you enough points to get a fell bat unit of 3 bats and another unit of 2.

Also, you can get another point of armor save on your BSB by taking heavy armor, enchanted shield and Talisman of Preservation. Same 4+ ward, but a 3+ armor save!

GeneralG

Zombie
Jan 14, 2012
Have you played against Daemon armies? I'm wondering how you handle armies with lots of magical attacks.

datalink7

Black Knight
Aug 30, 2010
Have you found your lack of magic a great hindrence? Typically if I go low magic I try to find a way to fit a scroll caddy in there at least.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
I found that it was not such a big deal for me. Yea I had to take some nasty spells but I still make it through ok. Terrorghiest helps a ton with this as I charge him into mage units that have scary direct damage

Karthus

Zombie
May 10, 2012
Johnny-Crass said:
Well I refined this list alot more since this but it was to make sure my chaff and wraiths could last longer

Ive been using a similiar list lately with no BSB and a master necro and it works pretty fabulously. Could you post your updated list sometime?

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
Here is the reworked version though it does not see play much due to its high levels of dairy product

Ghoul King 425
D-Scroll
Red Fury
Ogre Blade
OTS
AODM
Dragon Bane Gem

Master Necro 200
Lvl 4 Death

Banshee

Banshee

Banshee

Banshee 9

Necromancer 100
Cursed Book

40 Ghouls 410
Ghast

30 Skeletons 195
Full Command
Liche Bone Penant

5 Dire Wolves 40

20 Zombies 60

Spirit Host

Spirit Host

3 Wraiths 150

Terrorghiest

Terrorghiest

Karthus

Zombie
May 10, 2012
Johnny-Crass said:
Here is the reworked version though it does not see play much due to its high levels of dairy product

Ghoul King 425
D-Scroll
Red Fury
Ogre Blade
OTS
AODM
Dragon Bane Gem

Master Necro 200
Lvl 4 Death

Banshee

Banshee

Banshee

Banshee 9

Necromancer 100
Cursed Book

40 Ghouls 410
Ghast

30 Skeletons 195
Full Command
Liche Bone Penant

5 Dire Wolves 40

20 Zombies 60

Spirit Host

Spirit Host

3 Wraiths 150

Terrorghiest

Terrorghiest

sick I love that list. so is the 3 man wraith unit with no banshee worth it?

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
I find Strigs can carry more weight than Vampires and I dont use lore of Vampires ever in this list so I would much rather have my Lvl 4 be cheap and rocking death. Also built in Regen means the Strig can focus on killing characters with pesky magic weapons that might hurt my ladies instead of just defending himself like a vampire. Also the crown jewel is most Strig builds are cheaper:thumbsup:

Nagashizzar

Vargheist
Apr 22, 2011
Québec City
Mr. Johnny. How did you used your Banshee and 2 Wraiths unit? I would love to have a similiar unit cause I think it the most awesome looking unit in the game! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

aussie

Black Knight
Sep 4, 2010
iowa
have you tried the int 10 sword on your master nerco, cheap weapon for what it is there for, purple sun opps

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Apr 7, 2011
Johnny-Crass said:
I find Strigs can carry more weight than Vampires and I dont use lore of Vampires ever in this list so I would much rather have my Lvl 4 be cheap and rocking death. Also built in Regen means the Strig can focus on killing characters with pesky magic weapons that might hurt my ladies instead of just defending himself like a vampire. Also the crown jewel is most Strig builds are cheaper:thumbsup:

Wait...how do you get past the general must be a user of Vampire Lore?:O

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
Yorga said:
Johnny-Crass said:

Wait...how do you get past the general must be a user of Vampire Lore?:O

Strig is a Lvl1 vamps.... and that is all I take from Vampires and almost never cast the spell. Thus I dont use it:thumbsup:

Wolf Child

Ghoul
Feb 6, 2012
What an intriguing list,so different from my usual approach.Could you explain your tactics with your revised list ie where do you put the characters etc.Also what elements would you add if you were playing at 2600 points?Lastly do you think this list would work versus the Ogre kingdoms? I am getting so sick of being mauled by ogre death-stars!

aussie

Black Knight
Sep 4, 2010
iowa
ok i got to make a quire list now i am inspired johnny. you keep rubbing off on me like a dog in heat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu