• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Necrach Army Optional Army List

Nerarch Optional Army List

• No - A bad idea, please post why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
This thread is for voting on the Necrarch Optional Army List.

Please note: This is not to vote whether it fits in with the theme etc. That is what the discussion in the threads is for.

It is to check and ensure we have created fair rules and choices that are not unbalancing, or there is not something grossly wrong that has been over looked.

This Poll will close on 06/12/09

[hr]

Characters
Same as VC except all heroes can ride an Abyssal Terror, paying the same points as a lord would. See new Abyssal Terror upgrades.

Core
Skeletons
1+ Zombies
Corpse Carts (doesn't count towards core)
0-1 Experiments
~See New Units entry for details.

Special
Ghouls
Dire Wolves
Fell Bats
Grave Guard
Wraiths
Spirit Hosts

Rare
0-1 Varghulf (Experimentation)
Black Knights
Unridden Zombie Dragon or Abyssal Terror
~ Do not count as hero choices, no need for monster reaction tests. Cost same as Lord mount. See new Abyssal Terror upgrades.

New Units
Experiments - 35pts
Unit Size: 5+
At the start of the game after deployment roll using the below table for the units stats. The roll is for the whole unit excluding characters:
M - D3+3
WS - D3+1
BS - 0
S - D3+3
T - D3+2
W - D3
I - D6 -1 (if 1 or less rolled suffers from stupidity for the battle)
A- D3
Ld - D3+4

Once the stats have been rolled, roll another D6 for the unit's special rule:
1 - Pickled Skin - has the flammable special rule
2 - Explosive - When an Experiment is killed, every model in base contact takes an immediate Strength 2 hit.
3 - Tough Hide - has 4+ armour save
4 - Relentless Blows - Has ASF
5 - Unstoppable - Has regeneration
6 - Assimilation -For every enemy model that was killed by an Experiment with a 6 on the To Wound roll, another Experiment may be added to the unit. This model may not fight in the Close Combat it was raised in and has the same stat line and Special Rule.

The Experiment unit also has the Undead special rule.

Abyssal Terror Upgrades
The line of W'soran like to experiment with all their undead creations. Their favoured creatures however, are always the monsters they create by melding parts of other creatures together. Be it Wyvren, Dragon, Manticore or other hellish creature, the sum of the parts can prove to be much deadlier.

You may choose to increase the statistics of one Abyssal Terror in your army. If this is a mount, it must be the mount of the general.

+1 S: 25pts per increase. Can only be taken a maximum of twice.
+1 WS: 5pts per increase upto max WS6. Each increase over the first doubles the points costs, so +2WS will be 10pts, +3WS, 20pts and so forth
+1 T: 35pts per increase can only be taken once
+1 A: 15pts per increase, Can be taken a maximum of three times.
+1 W: 50pts, max total 7 wounds.
+1 I: 5pts. Each increase over the first doubles the points costs, so +2I will be 10pts, +3I, 20pts and so forth

Special Rule Options
Scaly Skin / Tough Hide: +1 to the creatures armour save upto a max of 2+ armour save. 5pts per increase, each increase over the first doubles the points costs, so +2 to save will be 10pts, +3 to save will be 20pts and so forth.
Devastating Charge - Causes D6+1 impact hits in the charge: 35pts basic, add an additional 10pts for each strength upgrade.
Guardian - All ranged shots must be allocated against the AT. Any attacks in close combat must be randomised as per shooting, the rider cannot be specifically targeted. 50pts

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Do the experiments have the undead special rule? I'm going to presume they do but just making sure.

Disciple of Nagash said:
Abyssal Terror Upgrades
The line of W'soran like to experiment with all their undead creations. Their favoured creatures however, are always the monsters they create by melding parts of other creatures together. Be it Wyvren, Dragon, Manticore or other hellish creature, the sum of the parts can prove to be much deadlier.

You may choose to increase the statistics of one Abyssal Terror in your army. If this is a mount, it must be the mount of the general.

+1 S: 25pts per increase. Can only be taken a maximum of twice.
+1 WS: 5pts per increase. Each increase over the first doubles the points costs, so +2WS will be 10pts, +3WS, 20pts and so forth
+1 T: 35pts per increase can only be taken once
+1 A: 15pts per increase, Can be taken a maximum of three times.
+1 W: 50pts, max total 7 wounds.
+1 I: 5pts. Each increase over the first doubles the points costs, so +2I will be 10pts, +3I, 20pts and so forth
I think the Ws is too cheap, i also think it should have a limit of Ws 6 as it is still a monster and not a trained swordsmen. Otherwise it looks good.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Yes the Experiments would have the Undead special rule and I agree on the WS. As not many people have voted I will edit it in, if anyone has a problem with it please let me know.

With a limit on the WS this looks like a great list. I don't think it's too far removed from normal VC but has it's own flavour (which I think is the point of these lists).

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Excellent! Well this is looking promising.

I have also enabled the new poll option to retract votes in case anyone changes their mind........

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Disciple of Nagash said:
I have also enabled the new poll option to retract votes in case anyone changes their mind........
I don't see such an option....

not that I want to change my vote... just stating that I can't see the option :D

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Are you sure? Under where the actual poll is, where there is an option to show results as well?

Can anyone else see it?

Trevy the Great

Vampire Progenitor
True Blood
Okay, here's what I think:
Abyssal Terrors - Up the points for characters taking them by a small amount simply because of options.
Experiments - Make the Movement characteristic D6+1, not two. I'm afraid that of having Move 8 infantry running around could prove too powerful, but Move 7 seems okay. Either that or simply the move a maximum of 7.
As it stands, the Explosive rule does not work. Right now, the rule states that every time a Zombie in this army dies (which should happen a lot), every model on the board takes a Strength 2 hit. I'm sure that this isn't supposed to be worded this way because this rule is insane. If your meaning is what I believe it to be, say something along the lines of -
When an Experiment is killed, every model in base contact takes an immediate Strength 2 hit.
or perhaps
When an Experiment is killed, every model in the Experiment unit that is belonged to, as well as all models in base contact with that unit (including friendly models and other Experiments), takes an immediate Strength 2 hit.
I also think that the Assimilation rule needs some clarification:
For every enemy model that was killed by an Experiment with a 6 on the To Wound roll, another Experiment may be added to the unit. This unit may not fight in the Close Combat it was raised in and has the same stat line and Special Rule.

Hope that helps. xD

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Cheers Vekarin - it certainly does help! I have amended the wording as per your suggestions, and it is much clearer.

In regards to the movement, I would have to disagree. A poor roll could then end you up with M2, which I think really would not work.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Upon reading some comments, a more "fixed" movement rate might be better as far as game balance is concerned... yeah a movement 7-8 unit of "infantry" would be VERY odd!

What about a d4+2... basically it'll give you an move from 3 to 6 (yeah, I know.. it's a d4... but any better suggestions?? I thought about d3+3, but then there is NO chance of the unit being slower then "standard").

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
Errr, D3+3 would work for me. And I don't see any problem with wraiths in Special, as there are a lot of other options in there, plus Wraiths alone cannot win a battle, really they just make it easier.

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
Well I don't want to change it, but I think it's broken. It says that theres -1 vote for maybe, which i find it hard to believe...

love the look of the list, especially the experiments

is there somwhere to comment on the bloodline powers? (or is it here too?)

Marcus Von Drac

Vampire Thrall
The Bloodline powers have already been voted through I believe, so if you want to suggest changes, you will have to PM DoN.

Status
Not open for further replies.