• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Need Help with Identification

Hi All,

Recently one of my friend's brothers has died, and he has left behind a Vampire counts army, I have only recently started playing Warhammer since Age of Sigmar started.

The army which he has left behind is rather old, and are all metal OOP models, I have managed to identify most of the models but some I am stumped with (they may not even be Warhammer)?

If you could help with the identification, that would be really helpful.

Thank you

Attachments

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
1. Conversion of a Black Coach? The coffin is from the Coach kit.
2. Don't recognize the cav guys.
3. An old undead chariot with Skeletal Steeds from two editions ago.
4. You've got a Blood Dragon vampire on foot, a Bretonnian Damsel, and some other characters.
5. Some more rando characters, mostly conversions from Bretonnian models/VC Zombos/older edition Skeletons.
6. Last cav model is a 6th edition mounted Necromancer.

Hope that helps some!

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Can identify the rest of the Black Coach conversion as one of Bronzino's Galloper Gun. An old Dogs of War mini.
I can also spot a few of the old Armoured Skeleton minis among the infantry stuff.

Also, welcome to the forum.
Although sorry to hear about your brother's friend.

Hi All,

Recently one of my friend's brothers has died, and he has left behind a Vampire counts army, I have only recently started playing Warhammer since Age of Sigmar started.

The army which he has left behind is rather old, and are all metal OOP models, I have managed to identify most of the models but some I am stumped with (they may not even be Warhammer)?

If you could help with the identification, that would be really helpful.

Thank you

Better late than never:

The cavalry figures in Napoleonic uniform are Alternative Armies 55502 1st Guard Liteupski Lancers for Flintloque (their Napoleonic Fantasy wargame).
The plastic chariot is from Games Workshop's old Citadel Skeleton Army box set (20 plastic skeleton infantry, 10 plastic skeleton cav and 1 chariot).
The skeleton with the standard/flag is GW's Armored Skeleton Standard 9947020/03801 which came in a blister pack with the Armored Skeleton Musician 9947020/03802 and the Armored Skeleton Champion 994702003701.
The figure to the right of the the Armored Skeleton Standard is GW's Classic Grave Guard 2 with a Classic Grave Guard Halberd 1
The figure to the right of the Classic Grave Guard 2 is from Alternative Armies VNT-15 Skeleton Spearmen blister.
In the picture with the drummer with the blue drum; the figure to the extreme left is GW's Classic Grave Guard 1 with a Classic Grave Guard Halberd 2.
The figure to the right of the Classic Grave Guard 1 is GW's Armored Skeleton Spearman 4.
The figure to the extreme right is GW's Armored Skeleton Spearman 3.
In the picture with the drummer with the skull drums; the figure to the extreme left is GW's Armored Skeleton Spearman 5.
The figure in the center is from Alternative Armies VNT-15 Skeleton Spearmen blister.
The drummer is GW's Skeleton Drummer 074526/27 which came in a blister pack with a Skeleton Standard Bearer 1 074526/26, Skeleton Commander Scythe 1 074526/28 and Skeleton Champion Axe with Severed Head 074526/29

The other models I can't identify as they're either not skeletons (I collect only skeletons) or, not really undead models.

Good luck!