• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Macarian

Vampire Insomniac
Jan 19, 2014
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm going to buy Neferata and I want to put her on a round base, which size would fit nicely?

I was looking to buy a nice scenic 120x90mm oval base, would that fit the model's footprint?

Thanks in advance!

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I believe the base she comes on normally is 60mm by 100mm, although it is honestly a bit tight, so 90 x 120 should be a good size for her.

That said, most of the mortarch model is way up above the base. There are ghosty trails, but they don't really 'fill in' the base so much, so you might want to put some work into the scenery. Additionally, the tail that the abyssal terror balances on is somewhat thin and can be a bit wobbly, so some extra scenery in the basing, maybe a withered tree or egyptian style obelisk, can provide extra contact points to help support the model. I modeled my arkhan to be toppling a stature of Morr. It did involve some conversion work re-posing claws and adjusting the ghosties to fit, but the result is much more secure and stable, while still maintaining the pose and sense of motion, imo.

ai189-photobucket-com_albums_z142_malisteen_undead_arkhan01_zps5i7gg2m9-jpg.54185

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ol'timer

Banat

Varghulf
Jul 13, 2014
I believe the base she comes on normally is 60mm by 100mm, although it is honestly a bit tight, so 90 x 120 should be a good size for her.

That said, most of the mortarch model is way up above the base. There are ghosty trails, but they don't really 'fill in' the base so much, so you might want to put some work into the scenery. Additionally, the tail that the abyssal terror balances on is somewhat thin and can be a bit wobbly, so some extra scenery in the basing, maybe a withered tree or egyptian style obelisk, can provide extra contact points to help support the model. I modeled my arkhan to be toppling a stature of Morr. It did involve some conversion work re-posing claws and adjusting the ghosties to fit, but the result is much more secure and stable, while still maintaining the pose and sense of motion, imo.

ai189-photobucket-com_albums_z142_malisteen_undead_arkhan01_zps5i7gg2m9-jpg.54185

Oh wow. Gorgeous idea. STEAL! =P

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
The tall obelisk from the arcane ruins kit could also be cut to perform a similar function, and might look a bit more egyptiony to fit with Neferata's theme a bit better.

Mioum

Crypt Horror
Jul 3, 2010
The model could easily fit a 60mm round base. The model is big, but the contact with the base is small. So anything bigger will be more than enough. And I agree about adding support for the model, see Arkhan bellow:D

Y76AAxk.jpg

Reactions: Adam_Barrow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu