• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Neferata & her Blood Knights

Macarian

Vampire Insomniac
Hello all,

I have come back from quite the hiatus. Looking forward to picking up some AoS again.

I wanted to start using the units I like the most. So here is a list, I´ve based it around 1500 points SDK comp but with small modifiers (Drop Konrad and a banner from the zombies) it also fits Azyr comp´s Large Battle size.

Neferata, Mortarch of Blood
Konrad von Carstein
5 Blood Knights (Full Command)
30 Zombies (Full Command)
30 Zombies (Full Command)
Zombie Dragon

I bring some bases of Bat Swarms along to summon them in during the game.

Al these units are dear to my heart, Age of Sigmar Zombie rules are incredibly flavourfull. Neferata and her Blood Knights combo off the wall in terms of hitting power, durability and mobility. Konrad is a crazy slaughterer of hordes and I love pet Zombie Dragons being a thing now. Bat Swarms are great zone-of-control deniers and mess with shooters.

As for tactics, it is a simple hammer & anvil style army, the Zombies clog the field and Neferata, the Blood Knights and the Zombie Dragon bring the pain flying over them. Bat Swarms get summoned in close to enemy shooters to mess them up royally.

How does it look? How is the current meta in SDK or Azyr comp? Suggestions?

Oppenheimer

Crypt Horror
I don't think there's to much meta yet. Buy I do find Neferata and blood knights to be very powerful. Also a corpse cart behind all your zombies and near a caster is a potent combination.

You going to talk to Konrad? :tongue:

Macarian

Vampire Insomniac
Haha, I might start cursing if he flops his charges, does that count? :tongue:

I expect that we will usually play it with the flavour rules to always be in effect. If an opponent decides to be a jerk about it, I can always start a conversation about what I think about my opponent with Konrad :D

I´ll work a Corpse Cart with Unholy Lodestone in there to make Neferata´s casting even better and buff the Zombies. Just drop some Zombies to make room, more can always be summoned!