• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Im planning on my first GT this August and am starting to think of my list. The GT is the Lady of The Lake in Duluth. (Come by!). 2800 points, 300 points can be scrolls of binding from Storm of Magic. No End Times Special Characters or Khaine Magic.

I'm a new player, and most of my experience is against HE, Legions of Chaos and Dwarves. As I build my list I am starting to think about the filth that I am likely to see across the table, how to beat it and what may be a bad matchup.

So what are the popular or Net Lists for each Army? And frankly what is our net list? As I have started to incorporate TK into my army I am seeing a lot of possibilities.

I'll start with what I see from good players in my meta.

Legions of Chaos - throg, a bunch of chariots, unkillable on a disc, chimera and a cannon
Demons- Nurgle list with GUO, Plaguebearers, Drones and a cannon
HE- bolt throwers, reavers, DPs, Frost Phoenix, BOWD on the DP or a infantry brick

Hope you can post a list and a tip to play against it. For instance I just listened to the Heelanhammer know your enemy podcasts and they say for dark elves, it's don't lose in the movement phase and use your threat arcs and for WOC they say avoid combo charges at all costs, a chimera is a good first target and don't use half measures when going after big targets, better one dead and one unhurt then two targets wounded and attacking back.

Edit* spelling

Last edited:

heldantes

Black Knight
Oct 21, 2013
Yeah my main experience is against the frostheart, botwd, phoenix guard and silver helms or white lions list, but even that has no chance against our double TG, black knight bus and million chaff/deployment drops. This ties in with your DE comment as this list owns the movement phase.

Regarding making a TK+VC net list, I think the magic potential is insane from what I've read of others on here: Black Periapt, Mortis Engine with blasphemous tome, heirotitan, and casket of souls. Not sure if in practice that all translates into an effective list though.

Hope others can help you regarding other armies. I'd be interested too for an upcoming tournament!

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Thanks heldantes for the reply,

I've thought more about this this afternoon. And am thinking that one of the biggest decisions is what to do with your Rares. Say you are playing 2400 with 600 for rare, you can fit in:

double Mortis, 1 with BT, Casket
Double Tbat, casket
Double casket, catapult, Mortis with BT
Casket, Titan, Double Catapult
Casket, Titan, Tbat/Mortis
Casket, Titan, archai, catapult

So many options. The TK stuff gives range and magic support, the Mortis and morghasts support cc. And the Tbat screams.

But what is best?

Last edited:

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Dwarves: Gunline (Double Organg gun, double Cannon, double grudge throwers, couple of gyros, unkillable King on Shieldbearers and stubborn blocks)
Skaven: Haven't faced them yet but Storm Fiends are out and they are MONSTERS, so I would expect many of them to show up.
Orcs and Goblins: Savage Orcs Big Uns with 5++, lots of war machines, fanatics, manglers and chaff. Expect Lore of Undeath on their casters.
Ogres: Double Ironblaster, triple Mournfangs, Gutstar, Lore of Death... nothing new here.
Lizardmen: Harassment lists with tons of skinks, flying and shooting. Tetto'Eko will join the party... maybe alongside a slann with Lore of High Magic.
Undead: The lists can go in many directions but I suspect that many will field fast hammer like armies (that is what I do at least). Or maybe Ethereal Spam // Scream Cheese.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Dark Elves;
Lvl 4 Death on pegasus, BSB on peg with 3+ ward vs magic and shooting also has KB and multiple wounds on charge, 1-2 more peg characters with one usually a dreadlord (both tooled for combat), 3 units of dark riders with crossbows musician and shields, 20ish crossbows, 4 bolt throwers, 2 units of shades (sometimes with great weapons), 2 units of doomfire warlocks 5 strong (counts as lvl 2 wizard with doombolt and that lore of death spell whose name i always forget...), either some cold one chariots or a small unit of cold one knights tossed in.

Don't let them flank you. Try a refused flank strategy with the table to one side. Dispel the deathsnipes as much as you can. It may suck but you will have to let debuffs and doombolt go through in order to do this if they have a good amount of powerdice.

For rares, it's casket first then either 4 morghasts or a titan.

Nicreap

Ghoul
Dec 2, 2014
For rares I agree casket first then tailor the rest to what you are doing. There is a reason it is in every tomb king list ever. It is powerful, people over react to the spell, and the extra power dice can make magic phases more stable.

Minigiant

Ghoul
Jan 13, 2014
Ogres: Double Ironblaster, triple Mournfangs, Gutstar, Lore of Death... nothing new here.

I will challenge this. It still remains Double Ironblaster and Gutstar

Mournfangs have decreased dramatically and Lore of Death is not as strong for the Ogres as it is for both races due to their poor Leadership. These are now Lore of Heavens, Leadbelchers and Maneaters with Pistols. Try win the shooting game

Steapa

Ghoul
Feb 8, 2014
Im planning on my first GT this August and am starting to think of my list. The GT is the Lady of The Lake in Duluth. (Come by!). 2800 points, 300 points can be scrolls of binding from Storm of Magic. No End Times Special Characters or Khaine Magic.

I'm a new player, and most of my experience is against HE, Legions of Chaos and Dwarves. As I build my list I am starting to think about the filth that I am likely to see across the table, how to beat it and what may be a bad matchup.

So what are the popular or Net Lists for each Army? And frankly what is our net list? As I have started to incorporate TK into my army I am seeing a lot of possibilities.

I'll start with what I see from good players in my meta.

Legions of Chaos - throg, a bunch of chariots, unkillable on a disc, chimera and a cannon
Demons- Nurgle list with GUO, Plaguebearers, Drones and a cannon
HE- bolt throwers, reavers, DPs, Frost Phoenix, BOWD on the DP or a infantry brick

Hope you can post a list and a tip to play against it. For instance I just listened to the Heelanhammer know your enemy podcasts and they say for dark elves, it's don't lose in the movement phase and use your threat arcs and for WOC they say avoid combo charges at all costs, a chimera is a good first target and don't use half measures when going after big targets, better one dead and one unhurt then two targets wounded and attacking back.

Edit* spelling
I just signed up for this tournament. Undead Legions representation.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
I will challenge this. It still remains Double Ironblaster and Gutstar

Mournfangs have decreased dramatically and Lore of Death is not as strong for the Ogres as it is for both races due to their poor Leadership. These are now Lore of Heavens, Leadbelchers and Maneaters with Pistols. Try win the shooting game

Seconded on this. Gutstar is simply the best way for the Ogre player to fill his core and protect his important characters. Banner of Discipline on the guts, full command, 3-wide, look out gnoblars, characters in the second rank.

Heavens is one of the best lores in the game hands down, so it's not surprising that Ogres run them. Especially when they bubble out harmonic on leadbelchers and ironblasters. It's nasty. They sit in their deployment zone and shred you with shooting, then when you reach them you've gotta chew through 30 wounds of ironguts to get any points out of the character star, and even the leadbelchers are no slouch in combat with all those S4 attacks.

Expect the maneaters to be stubborn, and the gutstar as well with Banner of Discipline on one of the characters. He'll pop hellheart before you get close to blow apart whatever unit your vampires are in as well. They're a really frustrating matchup for VC.

Majrenob

Zombie
Jul 17, 2014
Thanks All for the great responses. One interesting thing is that non one immediately put up our net list, which could mean one or two (or both) things. One, our army is really versatile with a lot of viable builds and ways to play the game. Two, we lack the super strong, wipe the floor with all comers options that some of the army's have at their disposal.

Steapa

Ghoul
Feb 8, 2014
Thanks All for the great responses. One interesting thing is that non one immediately put up our net list, which could mean one or two (or both) things. One, our army is really versatile with a lot of viable builds and ways to play the game. Two, we lack the super strong, wipe the floor with all comers options that some of the army's have at their disposal.

I just played against a gutstar....and my skeletons with a tomb prince and both my vamp lords killed 12 ogres before his last couple even got to swing....he charged a 44 man skellie unit...the skellies did 14 wounds alone! After the vampire attacks, (i challenged out his tyrant and he took the bait) He ended up killing one skellie, doing one wound to my tomb prince and losing by over 25 combat res. NEver seen a gutstar lose that bad...ever. I didn't even have any buffs / augments / debuffs up either.

Steapa

Ghoul
Feb 8, 2014
Dwarves: Gunline (Double Organg gun, double Cannon, double grudge throwers, couple of gyros, unkillable King on Shieldbearers and stubborn blocks)
Skaven: Haven't faced them yet but Storm Fiends are out and they are MONSTERS, so I would expect many of them to show up.
Orcs and Goblins: Savage Orcs Big Uns with 5++, lots of war machines, fanatics, manglers and chaff. Expect Lore of Undeath on their casters.
Lizardmen: Harassment lists with tons of skinks, flying and shooting. Tetto'Eko will join the party... maybe alongside a slann with Lore of High Magic.
Undead: The lists can go in many directions but I suspect that many will field fast hammer like armies (that is what I do at least). Or maybe Ethereal Spam // Scream Cheese.

Scream cheese is nothing these days....doesn't even compare to what many of the other lists are taking.

Slaanesh leadership bomb cacophonic choir?

HERO

Wight King
Mar 25, 2009
High Elves:
White Lion Deathstar with Allerielle, High Magic and BotWD

Skaven:
Double Grey Seer with 3x Rattling Storm Fiends, 2x WLC and Doomwheel, Storm Banner

VC:
Double Terrorgheist Blenderbus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu