• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

New Beastmen Rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Something I grabed off the herdstone, looks very nice from my point of view!
I am so going to include atleast two giant pigs :vampire2:

BEASTMEN rules V2 (decker)

SPECIAL RULES:

Primal Fury: Units with primal fury must take a leadership test at the start of combat and if successful they gain Hatred (reroll even if not first round). If double 1s are rolled, they gain Hatred and Frenzy (frenzy for that turn only).

Slaughterer's Call: Any unit joined by a Doombull or Gorbull lose Primal Fury and gain Frenzy

Drunken: Roll for each unit with Drunken at the stat of the game. 1-2 = +2 I, 3-4 = -1M and rerolls on Primal Fury, 5-6 = stubborn

Ambush: You may keep a unit with the Beastmen Ambush special rule off the table 'in ambush' at the beginning of the game, provided you have a unit of the same type and of the same size (or larger) that you deploy as normal. Roll each turn for units with ambush.

1: The unit comes onto the table, your opponent choosing which edge.
2-3: Roll again next turn.
4: The unit comes onto the table on your left hand table edge.
5: The unit comes onto the table on your rioht hand table edge.
6: The unit comes onto the table on an edge of your choice.

MAGIC:

Lore of Death, Shadow, Beast or Wild for all casters (aside from some special chars)

Lore of the Wild

0: Bestial Surge - Cast on a 7+, Units within 6" get d6(maybe+1)" move and can definitely not charge with it.

1: Viletide - Cast on a 7+, 24" Range Magic Missile, 5d6 S1 Hits (armor saves allowed?)

2: Devolve - Cast on a 9+, Enemy units within 12" take a Leadership Test, losing wounds equal to the amount they failed by, with no Armour Save allowed.

3: Bray-Scream - Cast on a 10+, One friendly character within 12" may use a S3 Breath Weapon with no Armour Save allowed.

4: Traitor-Kin - Cast on a 10+, All enemy models within 12" riding a mount of any kind suffer a number of attacks equal to their mount's attacks, at the same Strength, with no Armour Save bonus for being mounted or barded. The same applies to the handlers of Monsters and the riders of Chariots.

5: Mantle of Ghorok - Cast on a 13+, One friendly character within 6" gains +d6S and +d6A (max 10), if one or more 6s are rolled, the character suffers a wound with no saves of any kind allowed.

6: Savage Dominion - Cast on a 16+, You may 'summon' a new Giant, Gorgon or Jabberslythe (Not Cygor), entering play at any point on a table edge and moving as if returning from pursuing an enemy off the board. While the monster is on the board, the wizard that cast this spell may not cast another spell, nor may he "dismiss" the model voluntarily, and if he dies the monster immediately disappears. Every time the monster takes a wound, the wizard must pass a Toughness Test or also suffer a wound with no saves allowed.

Beastlords, Wargor, Great bray and bray shaman can all ride chariots or Razor chariots.

LORDS (I'm pretty murky on point values here)

Beastlord (23NU?): M5 WS6 BS3 S5 T5 W3 I6 A4 Ld9
primal fury, rerolls vs man on primal fury
100 points of magic items/gifts

Doombull (47NU): M6 WS6 BS3 S6 T5 W5 I5 A5 Ld8
fear, frenzy, slaughterer's call, d3 impact hits
100 points of magic items/gifts combined

Great Bray-shaman (40NU?): M5 WS5 BS3 S4 T5 W3 I5 A2 Ld7(?)
primal fury, level 3 wizard
bray staff is hand weapon, AHW for NU-1, 100 points of magic items/gifts combined

HEROES

Wargor (17 NU): M5 WS5 BS3 S4 T5 W2 I5 A3 Ld8
primal fury, rerolls vs man on primal fury, can be bsb
50 points of magic items/gifts combined

Gorbull (32NU): M6 WS5(?) S5(?) T5(?) W3(?) I4(?) Ld7
fear, frenzy, slaughterer's call, d3 impact hits, can be bsb
50 points of magic items/gifts combined

Bray shaman: same cost as before
1A WS4 S3 I3
bray staff is hand weapon, 2 pt AHW option, 50 points of magic items/gifts combined

CORE

Gor Herds (NU+2/model): M5 WS4 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I3 A1 Ld7
10+, primal fury, ambush
extra hand weapon or shield at NU-4/model each. s/c/m at 2NU/2NU/NU

Ungor Herds (NU/model): M5 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld6
10+, primal fury, ambush
shields base, spears at NU-4/model each. s/c/m at same price as DE spears

Ungor Raiders (NU+1/model): M5 WS3 BS3 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld6
5-10, primal fury, ambush, skirmish
shortbows base. musician (NU-2), Halfhorn (BS4)(NU+1)

Chaos Warhounds (NU+1/model): M7 WS4 BS0 S3 T3 W1 I3 A1 Ld5
5+
upgrade options that don't matter.

Tuskgor Chariot (16NU): M7 S5 T4 W4 Ld7(?)
1 Bestigor with great weapon, 1 Gor with spear, 2 Tuskgors at WS3 S4 I2 A1, primal fury, no scythed wheels

SPECIAL

Bestigor Herds (2NU+2/model): M5 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I3 A1 Ld7(?)
10+, primal fury, steal banners from units they wipe out a unit or break (gaining +1 combat rez but gaining no magic effects. banners DO stack). Lose all banners if they break and flee.
great weapons, heavy armor base. s/c/m at 2NU+2/2NU+2/NU+1(?)
Champ may get a gift up to 25pts. Only unit in the book allowed magic banners.

Minotaurs (11NU/model): M6 WS4 BS3 S5 T4 W3 I3 A3 Ld7
3+, fear, bloodgreed, 1 impact hit, no primal fury, come with light armour
great weapons at NU+3/model, additional hand weapons or shields at NU-1/model

Harpies - As in DE book. 2 NU+1.
Can scout for NU-2 per model.

Centigors (5 NU/model): M8 WS4 BS3 S4 T4 W1 I2 A2 Ld7
5+, primal fury, drunken, light armour, +1 armour for being mounted, shield, spear (aka, 4+ armour save)

Razorgors (11NU/model): M7 WS3 S5 T5 W3 I2 A4 Ld6
1+, +1s on charge, fear

Razorgor Chariot (27NU): M7 S5 T5 W5 Ld7
1 Bestigor with great weapon, 1 Gor with spear and 1 Razorgor, cause fear, no scythed wheels, Primal fury

RARE

Chaos Giant (45NU): M6 WS3 BS3 S6 T5 W6 I3 A* Ld10
same giant stuff, new chomp attacK? explain?

Cygor (55NU): M7 WS2 BS1 S6 T5 W5 I3 A5 Ld8
ItP, move and fire stone thrower (misfire = wound). Enemy wizards within 24" take a leadership test, if failed then if they try to cast a spell and fail to meet the casting value it counts as a miscast (not cumulative with multiple Cygors). Re-rolls to hit against wizards, models with magic items or attacks, undead, or creatures with a ward save.

Spawn (11NU): M2d6 WS3 BS0 S4 T5 W3 I2 Ad6+1 Ld10
same spawn stuff, no marks

Ghorgon (55NU): M7 WS4 BS0 S6 T6 W6 I3 A6 Ld10
ItP, Frenzy, Terror, Large target; Ld10; stubborn; bloodgreed;
-Sacrifice attacks for 1 init 1 attack. Killing blow on a 4+ after hitting.
gains d3 wounds if it kills something with it.

Jabberslythe (55NU): M8 WS4 BS4 S5 T5 W5 I3 A5 Ld9
fly, terror, shooting 1 shot range 12" S5 (move and shoot), Aura of Madness all enemies in 12" take ld test, failure amount=# of wounds with no armor save, no effect if enemy is ItP. Poisoned Blood - If it takes a wound in close combat, S5 hit on attacker.

MAGIC ITEMS:

Mangelder: The wielder causes Terror. In addition, models wounded by the wielder suffer a -1Ld penalty for every wound.
Steel Claws: +D3 Attacks. If a 6 is rolled for bonus attacks then the wielder's attacks ignore Armour Saves for this turn. Two-handed. (7 NU)
Hunting spear: Counts as a spear in close combat, 24" range, move and shoot and stand and shoot. Counts a single bolt from a bolt thrower. 10NU
Axes of Khorgor: +1A, the wielder may re-roll failed "To Hit" rolls. Two-hands, and cheaper. (8 NU)
Stonecrusher: +3S. The wielder has S10 against Steamtanks, Chariots, Warshrines, Corpse Carts etc. NOT a Great Weapon. 13 NU
Brass Cleaver: The wielder may make a single bonus attack against each enemy model in base-to-base contact. Only +1 in a challenge. 6 NU
Everbleed: Whenever the wielder inflicts a wound on an enemy model, roll a D6. On a 6, the model suffers another wound with no saves of any kind allowed, and you must roll again until you do not roll a 6. 5NU
Primeval Club: The wielder treats the opponent's Unmodified Leadership as his Strength. 100pts.
Blade of Men: The wielder has Killing Blow. In addition, if the wielder kills an enemy character in a challenge, they (and any unit they are with) become Unbreakable and cause Terror. (15 NU)
Jagged Dagger: Bray-Shaman only. Put aside every model killed by this weapon - they may be used as one-use Power Dice by the wielder. 2NU

Trollhide Armour: Light Armour, Confers Regeneration upon the wearer. 50pts.

Blackened Plate: Heavy Armour. Confers a 2+ Ward Save against Flaming Attacks upon the bearer, and a 4+ Ward Save against Flaming Attacks for the unit he is with. 4NU

Horn of the Great Hunt: Beastlord/Wargor only. Bound Spell, Level 3. Contains the spell "Bestial Surge" with a range of 36".
Horn of the First Beast: Beastlord/Wargor only. All Beastmen within 36" of the bearer may re-roll failed Primal Fury rolls.
Stone of Spite: Bound Spell, Power Level 5. One Use Only. All enemy Arcane Items within 18" of the user are destroyed. The bearer of each item that is destroyed takes D6 S4 hits. 10NU
Unnamed Enchanted Item: The bearer has MR2 and may force the opponent to re-roll a result on the Miscast table if they miscast while casting spells from the lores of life, light or heavens. 9NU
Chalice of Dark Rain: For one turn, opponents shooting is -1 to hit. Shooting that doesn't require BS only shoots on a 4+. 9NU.

Herdstone Shard: Place a Herdstone piece of terrain within your deployment zone. All friendly wizards casting a spell within 6" of this spot may roll an additional "free" power dice every time they cast a spell.
Staff of Darkoth: Bray-Staff. Bound Spell, Power Level 3. Casts "Viletide". 10NU
Skin of man: The Shaman with this item may Scout.
Hagtree fetish: Choose an enemy unit with 24" at the start of the magic phase. Any failed to wound rolls made during the magic phase against it may be re-rolled

Skull of Rarkos: Friendly wizards within 6" including the bearer get +1 to their casting results (good synergy with the Herdstone Shard). 12 NU

The Beast banner
The bearer and any unit he has joined have a +1 bonus to their Strength (and yes you can
stick it on a gorebull). 75 ptd

Totem of rust
All units, friend or foe, within 6" of the Totem of Rust treat their armour save as one worse than it actually is. For instance, a model with heavy armour would only have an armour save of 6+. All units in base to base with the unit carrying the totem, including the unit itself, treat their armour saves as two worse than it actually is instead. This does not affect Scaly Skin saves! 50 pts

Manbane Standard
All enemy units within 6" of the Manbane Standard suffer -1 to their leadership characteristic.

The Banner of Outrage
The bearer's unit automatically passes primal fury tests (there is no need to roll). Enemy units Hate the bearer's unit.

GIFTS 1 per army (not max 1 per character)

Crown of horns: 15NU - character and unit are stubborn
4NU- extra attack at base strength, with no weapon bonuses
3NU bearer’s attacks are armour piercing
3NU- 5+ scaly skin
3NU Rune of the True Beast – monsters and mounts are -1 to hit bearer
2NU - +1 initiative
NU - additional -1 to hit the character if he's alone in cover
Cheers, dmn.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Yeah, that looks pretty interesting. With the release date being as close as it is I take it that these rumours are pretty accurate as they usually are. The mentioned price increase for Beast Herds at the bottom will be like a slap in the face though. o_o

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Looks like they are getting a decent boost - are there any pics of their new models yet?

So their new monster is the Gorgon. I hope he doesn't follow the power trend as we went from Vargulf (cost effective but ok) to Hydra (quite OP) to Hellpit Abominations (WTF?) to..........well we will have to see.

Ophidicus

Vampire Count
True Blood
There are several close-up of a release poster & a low-quality pic of the Razorgor in the Warseer beastmen news thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228039

I'm very disappointed with the Minotaurs but the new Bestigor look tremendous, shame they're bloody expensive.

Danceman

True Blood
more stuff!

Ok, just had a quick 5 minute convo with my mate who's had a 5 minute read thorough the new book.

Herds have split sad.gif, both ranked up but ungor get the option to skirmish
Unruly has gone
New rule for "herds"- when in combat take a leadership check.
If passed the unit gets hatred, if you roll insane courage you get hatred and frenzy. Didn't seem to be a downside if you failed.

Bestigor capture standards if they simply win a round of combat, get to add it (and any others they capture) to their combat res.

Minotaurs get frenzy if they win a round of combat, for every round they win they get a cumulative extra attack! Minos can only ever pursue or overrun 1d6 (they can now overrun)

Chariots STILL CORE

Centigor, still special not fast cav. No drunken every turn, instead roll a dice at the beginning of the game. Effects range from +2 I, to -1 movement to something else he couldn't remember.

New unit Harpies

New unit. Some kind of jabberwoky thing. Enemy units in 12" take Ld check, for every number they fail by take a wound no armour. seemed to be 5's across the board. If it takes a wound in combat enemy takes a S5 hit. 275 points.

Think he said about a gorgon thing, mainly 6's.

There was a normal giant, then there was a cyclops giant which was basically a giant with only Ld8, but armed with a stone thrower and every (enemy?) wizard within 24" has to pass a leadership check or not be able to cast spells.

That's all I've got for now.

Danceman

True Blood
Even more fun stuff!

Got to read it myself as well.

Gorgon ( i think it was) looks like a giant minotaur, and eats people

Cygor is a cyclops giant-gor that gets rerolls to hit against undead, daemons (I think) and things with ward saves. Tragically WS2. Stone Thrower.

Jabbersclyth is the jabberwocky thing. Flying, poison, terror, largetarget, 12" tounge attack, strength 5

Doombulls have D3 impact hits, normal minos have 1 each. Each round of combat won gives minos an extra frenzy attack for that combat (lost if combat ends or you lose a round).

Beastlord allows a reroll on the beastial roll when fighting against humans (Empire and Bretonians) which basically means it's likely the unit will get what is effectively eternal hatred. Something to do with insane courage adding in Frenzy to the unit he's with with that in-combat-roll thing

Great Bray Shaman are T5.

The Wild Lore has a spell that summons either a Jabber, Giant, Cygor or Gorgon from a board edge of your choice. Not RIP, but may aswell be from the desription. If the monster takes a wound then the caster takes a T test to see if they take a wound. If the caster dies then the monster disappears.
First spell of the lore was something like all friendlys within 6" get to move D6 towards nearest enemy in sight or forward. Not too sure on that one.

There's another that makes the mounts of a unit attack the riders.

2 chariot types, ungor and gor. Ungor one is core, not sure about the gor one, but is pulled by razorgors from what I was told (didn't see that page)

No gargoyles, but we do get harpies.
Ambush yes. Need to confirm who has it and how it works. Pretty sure it was just gors and ungors for it.

I think the bestial roll is for gors and bestigors.

Sadly I didn't get a thorough look at all the stuff, moslty brief glimpses.

The rare choices all looked to be 200+ points each, giant 205(?) the others 275ish and the spawn at 55 or so.
Overall this is sounding better and better :D

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Going from the rumours it sounds like those big nasties can be causing a lot of troubles for us Undeads when they're released. I'll reserve final judgement for when the actual rules are available though. It looks like the Beasts will be getting some interesting additions to their lists, and yes, those Bestigors look great. :)

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
Ah well, I suppose it will mean we have a challenge, though as more and more of the later armies come out with VC bashing things, I can see more and more players feeling justified to go down the magic heavy route.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I like the sound of it so far....but I only have one question, or really one WTF comment.

Danceman said:
Flying, poison, terror, largetarget, 12" tounge attack, strength 5
WTF? 12 inch tongue? Do you know what that translates into in game terms? Assuming a human skeleton is six feet, that's what...a 70 foot tongue? Seriously? Is my math wrong, and if it is it had better be off by a lot, because no. A 50 foot tongue would not make me recant my WTF status.

Danceman

True Blood
There seem to be no possibility to get flaming attacks, not from items or magic lore. Infact, beastmen do only have access to their own lore. This is both a blessing and a curse as the lore itself is good but boasts of a pretty high casting value for hero-level wizards.

Also, some items are wierd. There is a herdstone which you place in your deployment zone and every wizard gets 1 extra PD who's within 6" of it. The great irony here is that most spells in the beastlore has a very short range, as you can see down below... It is also worth mentioning the wizard who summoned a monster with the 6th spell takes a wound each time the monster summoned takes a wound(believe it is a toughness test or strength test). With a casting value of 16+ it better be worth it...

As you can see even the lowest spell is at 7+ so beastmen players is going to need quite alot power dice for their spells which increases the risk of miscasts and increases the value of dispell scrolls as there are fewer spells cast with more dice invested in them leaving more dispell dice for the other spells.

Magic - Lore of the Wild (7 spells!) 0-6 like the old Tzeentch
0- Bestial Surge - 7+ movement spell, doesn't make you charge though, might be faq'd

1- Viletide - 7+ 5d6 S1 24" magic missles

2 - Devolve, 9+, enemy units within 12" take ld, amount failed = # of wounds with no AS

3 - bray-scream, 10+, one character within 12" makes a breath weapon attack at s3 with no AS (I like this one)

4 - Traitor-kin, 10+, all enemy models within 12" riding a mount of any kind suffer number of attacks = mounts attacks w/ same S. same for monsters & handlers and chariots. no AS bonus for mounted or barding, etc. (Hello Hydras! biggrin.gif )

5 - mantle of ghorok, 13+, friendly character within 6", model gains +d6 S and +d6 S (max 10), if 1 or more 6's rolled, model suffers a wound with no saves of any kind (Interesting one, and can be potentially devastating)

6 - Savage dominion, 16+, 'summon' a giant, gorghon or jabberslythe, place at any point on table edge and move as if returning from pursuing an enemy off the table
Items and all that can be found in this thread as well, along with any updates as they're coming in way too fast now. Most of the interesting stuff starts at page 9 and onwards.

http://z2.invisionfree.com/herdstone/index.php?showtopic=18242&st=120

My conclusion so far, Beastmen looks more or less like before. Razorgor replacing DOs, some extra rules and a couple of new monsters. Definitely stronger than before but that isnt saying much.

For now I am not going to go yay or nay. My only concern are the cyclop and its anti-casting aura... Just seems over the top.

Goggalor

Necromancer
Starting to sound interesting. No more room on the shelf though. Thanks dance man and roll on tomb kings.

Danceman

True Blood
I hope the cyclop will affect your own units as well, ie making it downright foolish to bring a magic phase yourself. Rumour also has it this unit wont be as hard in the 8th edition. Reason being the effects of the miscast will be influenced by the amount power dice used, a very interesting approach and certainly makes sense in the light of the bigger spells such as gateways and now the beastmen 16+ spell. These spells will be powerful, yes indeed but also very dangerous.
With this in my the VC magic phase only get stronger as our most important spells(IoN and VDM) do not use alot of dice in order to be successfully utilised. For now though, it will be tough but the immortal lords of the night will have the last laugh :Vampire1:

The most interesting change is the the shamen, I find. The innate movement spell is fine and all and certainly makes the army faster and more mobile(not being able to charge with it was a good decision). Also, the Lord level shaman is gaining T5 which makes sense considering the lore itself, lots of aggressive spells with shorter range. I suspect we'll see plenty of Great Bray Shamans with Axes of Khorgor(+1 attack, re-rolls to hit) and appropriate gear/mutations. The bound item which forces arcane items to explode woud also support this aggressive approach. Instead of arcane items we'll see weapons and protection on the GBS and it seems there are some potent bound items which fall under the enchanted section rather than arcane.

There are other ways that is cooking in my mind, really liking the options available.

Perhaps it is time leave the master powers at home, put down the latest batch of warpstone deep into your vaults and put on your finest piece of armour, sharpen your axe and sword and shed blood at close quarters. Then laugh at the futile efforts to try and shut your magic down as you partake in the glorious slaughter! errrm... right, hmm, :konrad:

Danceman

True Blood
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but in conclusion

Unruly gone (best thing in the book)

Ambush still being god awful

Gors and Ungors got worse (more expensive and losing skirmish woo hoo)

No real improvement to Bestigors

Expensive monsters that do not have armor/ward/regen

Overcrowded specials

Still no effective way of dealing with ASF/Regen or flying terror causers

I don't know if minos got better or worse (the impact hits and S is nice but 15 points is a big hike). I think the extra attacks for winning combat is being a bit overemphasized. If you keep winning combat you are most likely breaking/crumbling a unit and unless somehow your guys without armor aren't taking wounds then you are likely losing a mino or two in a prolonged combat anyway. The 1d6 pursuit/overrun hurts big time

Take a minute and ask yourself what is one thing we can do better than DE? Because I don't see it

How are we going to deal with dragon/Greater demons?

Plus our army just got much much weaker against shooting.

We have become a fighty army that basically can't shoot, lack armour/wards, lost tons of manueverability.

Not trying to be Debbie Downer but these rumors if true are very depressing.
An interesting perspective on things...

Though I am not as pessimistic, rather, I am glad beastmen didnt turn out to be daemons too. When looking at things in perspective it actually looks like a well rounded army for once. However, it still lacks a way to deal with regen and big nasty fliers. Definitely not on par with the big three.

Also, there has been a missunderstanding with the Cygor. The LD check and miscast when fail to casting a spell works differently. As I understand it, if you fail the LD you can still cast but if you fail a spell you miscast. In short, nowhere near as bad as initially suggested.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
The Doombull looks good, but not great. The standard minotaur models on the other hand are so horribly hideous that they even rival the clown himself (Nagash that is).

Danceman

True Blood
There are some new pics of the minos, cant find them now but they certainly got a bad showing on the preview poster. Terrible paintjob and so on. They're starting to grow in me and the extra muscles makes sense with the increase to S5.
So I am definitely picking 2 boxes of them up when I can. With a better paintjob I firmly believe they can looks truly badass.

Cheers, dmn.

Sirihar

Crypt Horror
The advance orders are up at last.

If anything the Razorgor's paint job doesn't do it any favours and it looks even worse.

I actually like the new minos, what i dont like is how every beastman unit is extorniate....even for GW!
Is there any news on the 3 old characters? I'm a fan of khazrak and am hoping hes staying.
As for that razorgor thing.....eeww

Sirihar

Crypt Horror
Does anyone else get reminded of Pumba from the Lion King when they see the new razorgor?
Which is why it is nicknamed the Pumbagor over on Warseer.

Doesn't seem to be anything which stands out model wise. There's nothing which makes me want to start Beasts. I think I'll pick up some of the old herd boxes. Hopefully they will be on sale but probably not.

The standard minotaur models on the other hand are so horribly hideous that they even rival the clown himself (Nagash that is).
My thoughts exactly on the minotaurs.

Munkey

Grave Guard
Had a close look at the minotaurs today - very nice. I guess the paint jobs haven't done them justice.

However I am really disappointed with the new feel of the army. I liked the fact the old beasts were skirmishers, an uncontrollable horde feel. The thought of organised, ranked up, armies of beasts marching out of the forests just doesn't sit with me.

And as for the big pig. It's just horrible. I reckon the author/designer was watching Japanese Anime - Re Princess Mononoko?

Danceman

True Blood
Minotaurs suffers from a horrible paintjob. It looks like they forgot to finish painting them. There are no work put into shading or highlights. With a decent paintjob these will look alot better. Just wait till you start seeing some of them painted, I can almost promise you will change your mind.

Pumbagor... Well, I dont like the mini(it is quite horrible) but I think the whole disney comparison is abit far-fetched. It is a big boar, what you expect? I wont however pick this one up, gonna sculpt my own if I decide to add a Razorgor herd or chariot to my army.

And to summarize the rumours;

nice summary on TWF now
http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.ph...65721&start=120

Most of which we've seen on this thread someplace in the last 58 pages. . .

Interestingly podhammer is reporting the chaos sorcerer making the rounds recently is actually a BoC shaman model
http://podhammer.net/
Scroll down 1/2 way or so down the page.

-----------from TWF/Warseer----------------------
General info

Release is February 2010, after Tyranids, with advance orders starting January 4th. There will be a preview in WD362, and posters available in-store on January 3rd.

Was to be written by Andy Hoare, but he has since quit Games Workshop. Has since been finished by Jeremy Vetock.

The name of the book has changed from "Beasts of Chaos" to "Beastmen". The cover art is below.

The initial fluff for the army book claims that Beastmen were the original inhabitants of the Old World - although initially seeming odd, this is in line with fluff found in Liber Nurgle.

Rules

Army-wide Special Rules, Magic Lores, and Magic Items

Ambush is supposedly staying much the same, though it has been suggested that it will no longer be dependant on the General. No news on Unruly.

An "all new magic lore" (singular) has been promised, believed to be an entirely new "Lore of the Dark Forest".

Alongside Magic Items, "Mutations" will be available in the same way as WoC Gifts or Vampire Powers, operating on the same budgetary lines. Bonuses, like Scaly Skin, extra Strength and Movement are expected, as well as more esoteric abilities like Breath Weapons. Multiples of the same Mutation are expected to be allowed.

The traditional marking system may have been scrapped, in keeping with the less obvious devotion to the Godly "cults" of Chaos.

*Note, army-list slots are representative only until more solid rumours appear*

Lords & Heroes

Beastlord/Wargor – Ld 9, T5, with appropriate price hikes. May take Chaos Armour. May be accompanied by a 'pet' Revered Beast Spawn.

Great Bray-Shaman/Bray-Shaman – Beast Spawn as above, access to new Lore. Bray-Staff may come as standard.

Doombull– A metal box set release is confirmed; it is assumed that the Doombull will still allow Minotaurs as Core, although some rumours suggest that this will be a Special-Character-Only ability. A preview picture can be seen at the bottom of this summary.

Centigor Hero - Aside from the Centigor Special Character, it has been rumoured that there will be a Centigor character available as a standard Hero choice.

Core

Gor Herds - Ranking issues are fixed. Foe-Renders will no longer provide +1Ld. Equipment options as now. Thought to be ranked.
It is unknown if mixed herds will still be an option, as in the current book.
Ungor Herd - A seperate Ungor unit, known to have short bows available to it. Supposedly on 20x20mm bases. Thought to be ranked with a skirmish option.

Bestigor Herds – New Plastic Models (see below).

Warhounds - Varieties of Warhounds allowed through upgrades - Hunting, Guarding, etc.

Centigor Herd – Moved to Core. Fast Cavalry.

Special

Tuskgor Chariots – Believed to be a 2-4-1 choice.

Minotaurs – New plastic models. Access to Additional Handweapons, Great Weapons, Full Command, and possibly Shields. Still Core with Doombull. The only "Ogre-Sized" infantry in the list.

Razorgor - The previously mentioned "Gruulgor". A single metal model, similar in appearance to a warthog. Possibly a large Tuskgor.

Rare

Chaos Giant – As in WoC book.

Spawn – Assumed to be as in WoC book. Possibility of slight changes with regards to "Marks".

Gorgon – A new monster, based around the Catoblepas. Chariot-base, with Movement 8 and stats in the 5s, with Impact Hits and a Breathweapon. No model has been reported.

Special Characters

All the Special Characters from the last book will return in this one. New ones talked about include:
- A Centigor character by the name of Ghorros Warhoof, with special Drunken rules and a magical Great Weapon. As his name suggests, he has hooves rather than claws.
- A Bray-Shaman by the name of "Malagor the Dark Omen", with a feather-lined cloak.
- A Minotaur character dragging a Herdstone that allows him to cast spells. May be a Champion upgrade.
- A Daemon Prince. May have Bloodthirster-level stats. Possibly Nurgle/Slaanesh marked.
- A Foe-Render character with the +1Ld of the old book, among other things.
- The Thing From The Woods, a giant Warhound/Spawn from Mordheim.

Models and Army Book

No pics yet. Work by Aly Morrison and Mark Harrison. Releases are:
* New Special Character models for Bray-Shaman, Centigor Hero and Beastlord that double as generic character models.
* Special Characters Malagor and Ghorros have models at unknown prices.
* Metal Doombull Box, sculpted by Mark Harrison. One model, £25.
* Metal Razorgor Box. One new model, £15.
* Plastic Bestigor Box. Ten models, £25.
* Plastic Minotaur Box, sculpted by Mark Harrison. 3 models, with options for full command, greatweapons, two handweapons, and possibly shields. £27.
* Ungors and Gors are being resculpted and split up into seperate plastic boxes, at £15 for 10 models each. They will be extremely similar to the current models (as can be seen below) but more detailed, and with a greater variety of poses. Ungors will come with shortbows, and are on 20x20mm bases.
* The Tuskgor Chariot is receiving a new product code as a metal box at £18. This doesn't mean it's receiving a new model.
* The same applies to Centigors, who are now a metal box at £35.
* The Battalion will consist of 20 Gor, 10 Ungor, and 10 Bestigor, and costs £55.

If you intend to start BoC, I'd advise you to do so before the release, as Gor and Ungor (their basic troops) are becoming 67% more expensive. Snap up those Beast Herds
Ok, just had a quick 5 minute convo with my mate who's had a 5 minute read thorough the new book.

Herds have split sad.gif, both ranked up but ungor get the option to skirmish
Unruly has gone
New rule for "herds"- when in combat take a leadership check.
If passed the unit gets hatred, if you roll insane courage you get hatred and frenzy. Didn't seem to be a downside if you failed.

Bestigor capture standards if they simply win a round of combat, get to add it (and any others they capture) to their combat res.

Minotaurs get frenzy if they win a round of combat, for every round they win they get a cumulative extra attack! Minos can only ever pursue or overrun 1d6 (they can now overrun)

Chariots STILL CORE

Centigor, still special not fast cav. No drunken every turn, instead roll a dice at the beginning of the game. Effects range from +2 I, to -1 movement to something else he couldn't remember.

New unit Harpies

New unit. Some kind of jabberwoky thing. Enemy units in 12" take Ld check, for every number they fail by take a wound no armour. seemed to be 5's across the board. If it takes a wound in combat enemy takes a S5 hit. 275 points.

Think he said about a gorgon thing, mainly 6's.

There was a normal giant, then there was a cyclops giant which was basically a giant with only Ld8, but armed with a stone thrower and every (enemy?) wizard within 24" has to pass a leadership check or not be able to cast spells.

That's all I've got for now.
Got to read it myself as well.

Cygor is a cyclops giant-gor that gets rerolls to hit against undead, daemons (I think) and things with ward saves. Tragically WS2. Stone Thrower.

Jabbersclyth is the jabberwocky thing. Flying, poison, terror, largetarget, 12" tounge attack, strength 5

Doombulls have D3 impact hits, normal minos have 1 each. Each round of combat won gives minos an extra frenzy attack for that combat (lost if combat ends or you lose a round).

Beastlord allows a reroll on the beastial roll when fighting against humans (Empire and Bretonians) which basically means it's likely the unit will get what is effectively eternal hatred. Something to do with insane courage adding in Frenzy to the unit he's with with that in-combat-roll thing

The Wild Lore has a spell that summons either a Jabber, Giant, Cygor or Gorgon from a board edge of your choice. Not RIP, but may aswell be from the desription. If the monster takes a wound then the caster takes a T test to see if they take a wound. If the caster dies then the monster disappears.
First spell of the lore was something like all friendlys within 6" get to move D6 towards nearest enemy in sight or forward. Not too sure on that one.

There's another that makes the mounts of a unit attack the riders.

2 chariot types, ungor and gor. Ungor one is core, not sure about the gor one, but is pulled by razorgors from what I was told (didn't see that page)

No gargoyles, but we do get harpies.
Ambush yes. Need to confirm who has it and how it works. Pretty sure it was just gors and ungors for it.

I think the bestial roll is for gors and bestigors.

Sadly I didn't get a thorough look at all the stuff, moslty brief glimpses.

The rare choices all looked to be 200+ points each, giant 205(?) the others 275ish and the spawn at 55 or so.
Magic - Lore of the Wild (7 spells!) 0-6 like the old Tzeentch
0- Bestial Surge - 7+ movement spell, doesn't make you charge though, might be faq'd

1- Viletide - 7+ 5d6 S1 24" magic missles

2 - Devolve, 9+, enemy units within 12" take ld, amount failed = # of wounds with no AS

3 - bray-scream, 10+, one character within 12" makes a breath weapon attack at s3 with no AS (I like this one)

4 - Traitor-kin, 10+, all enemy models within 12" riding a mount of any kind suffer number of attacks = mounts attacks w/ same S. same for monsters & handlers and chariots. no AS bonus for mounted or barding, etc. (Hello Hydras! biggrin.gif )

5 - mantle of ghorok, 13+, friendly character within 6", model gains +d6 S and +d6 S (max 10), if 1 or more 6's rolled, model suffers a wound with no saves of any kind (Interesting one, and can be potentially devastating)

6 - Savage dominion, 16+, 'summon' a giant, gorghon or jabberslythe, place at any point on table edge and move as if returning from pursuing an enemy off the table
The rune of the true beast is 15 points.

There's a silly banner for 20 that makes you auto pass primal fury but enemies hate you.

The centigor hero bloke doesn't hate wood elves, they hate him. If he dies all beasties get +1 LD on primal fury tests since they love him so much.
so....is the rune of the true beast in the list in some fashion?

It's a mutation. Makes monsters, mounts etc -1 to hit you.
Yeh, Wild lore, shadow death and beasts.
Bestigors are still LD7

Pretty sure Wargors can go on either chariot though
right kids here is what i remember.

beastlord now LD9
wargor LD8
both have T 5

doombull is a lot better as you can now give him any magic items not just weapons
also a hero choice gorbull
both do d3 impact hits
slaughterer's call - all minos become frenzy, loose primal fury, think you declare when to use it

no marks bt deamonic gifts such as 15pts for 5+ scaly skin, 20pts? for +1 attack etc

they have made it so there is no point in taking herds anymore as chariots are core at 80pts each, you can have a unit of crapy ungore short bow raider skirmshers for 60pts for 10.

harpies are a special along with minos, who are 55pts basic, great weapon is +8pts. come with light armour basic and you can buy shields for 4 or 8. they get 1 impact hit each though at S5. bloodgreed changed to gain frenzy but always over run 1d6.

bestigor are gash so no point there.

razorgor are quite interesting, move 7, 4 attacks each at S5, but get +1 S on the charge and cause fear, T5 at 3 wounds each. only LD6 though so a unit of 3 for 165pts might be worth it for a special?

they can also pull chariots but why when the core one is soooo much cheaper [65pts cheaper in fact].

right then these 4 types of giant

1st type is a giant

2nd - jabbercrapname - fly,terror,immune to psych, any unit within 12 takes a LD check or suffers 1 wounds with no save, 5 attacks,T5, 5 or 6 wounds, pretty poo

3rd - cyclops dude - all enemy wizards with line of site take LD check, if fail, any failed attempts to cast spells = miscast, gets re-roll hits in combat against magic users, carrys massive rocks, treated as stone thrower with no min range.

4th - ghorgon - everything 6 S6, T6, W6, stubborn immune to psych 10 terror, can swap all its attacks for one hit which killing blows on 4+. if he does killing blow the he regains d3 wounds back.

law of the wild is pretty gash aswell
default- all units within 6 move d6+1, but can't charge 7+
5d6 S1 hits 7+
summon giant, ghorgon, or jabbercrap 16+, but then the wizard can't do anything else and probably dies afterwards.

4 others that are mmmmmmmmmmmmm plain.

magic items
big meat cleaver is win on the doombull, give him a million attacks at S6

spear for 50 that acts as a bolt thrower in combat

stonecrusher mace? remembered it was ok

no ward in the book, apart from one which gives you 2+ against flaming, and 4+ for your unit, so jog on cockthirster and tzeentch but thats it

regen is with light armour for 50pts

crown of horns 75pts, make you stubborn

banner 75pts give unit +1S

horn to allow all units within 36 to re-roll primal fury 50pts

staff of darkhoth casts crapy spell to move but not charge

primal fury - nearly everything has it, roll LD check when in combat, if you pas you get hatred, if you get double 1, hatred and frenzy

you can ambush, but not like the old. now you roll 1 dice for each unit you are ambushing
1 - you loose the scent [oh no] = your opponent chooses which board edge they come on from
2/3 - dont arrive yet
4 - left board edge
5 - right board edge
6 - beasts choose

you can only ambush a herd if you have a unit of the same type and at least equal unit size already on the board deployed normally

Cheers, dmn.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
A good compilation of rumours there, Danceman. Looking through it I think it feels like a wholesome release which will have the Beastmen as an interesting army to both play with and against. Let's hope for some juicy artwork as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.