• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

New Nighthaunt and Stormcast box set: Soul Wars

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
https://www.warhammer-community.com...il&utm_term=0_c6e14e39d2-396739f13b-119999149

Well this is pretty amazing
New edition means new boxset and whilst of course there is the the Stormcast Posterboys taking centre stage as the good faction , the other faction is going to be The new Death Nighthaunts

Pretty awesome as it'll be a very nice way of getting all the new models at a decent price especially when halved with someone who wants those Stormcast

So can't wait to get my hands on the boxset as there is quite a decent amount of Death models for us

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fwhc-cdn.games-workshop.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F05%2FAoSSoulWarsLaunch-NighthauntArmy5bd.jpg&hash=99a6dc13c65dbc5111f2bab38174d836

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Yeah, very promising it looks, and two death books in a row are what I have not expected.

El Syf

Crypt Horror
This was supposedly meant to be the year of death; realistically we've had a battletome with no releases (I accept it was very much needed to make death worth playing) a campaign book for everyone with a death setting and now we are finally getting a proper new release with models and battletome. Meanwhile order has had at least 2 (aelf scum) releases with books and models. Hell just lump death an destruction together; only fa that's had it worse than us!
I'm not saying death should have been overlooked; rather GW should have chilled out on order releases.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
True, Destruction now needs even more love. Maybe they will do something for them in the near future.

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Well, the rumors seem to be suggesting that goblin pirates are coming up sometime in the Autumn, with some last Rumor Engine pictures corroborating it, so not all is lost for the Destruction.

But yeah, would be good to have some more balanced releases. Probably also clearing up the situation of the old armies that got divided into those tiny factions - it's still unknown when and if they'll be expanded...

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Well, the rumors seem to be suggesting that goblin pirates are coming up sometime in the Autumn, with some last Rumor Engine pictures corroborating it, so not all is lost for the Destruction.
That's just rumours, but yeah, would be cool to see aerial pirates anyway.
But yeah, would be good to have some more balanced releases. Probably also clearing up the situation of the old armies that got divided into those tiny factions - it's still unknown when and if they'll be expanded...
they already expand some of them from time to time, like DoK or Nighthaunts, so we are safe here.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Rather than goblin pirates, I'd expect moonclan/fungus/night goblins, based on the destruction herald from malign portents. Both the sacrosanct and highthaunt heralds are now seeing full factions to match, I'd expect the same for darkoath and moonclan by the end of the year, especially since early release info for 2e said there'd be new models 'for all four grand alliances' soon after release.

Apart from that, I still have my fingers crossed for a 'flesh eaters battletome 2.0', incorporating & expanding their faction rules from the generals handbook, and accompanying actual models for the courtier heroes, plus maybe some named characters or other new units. We'll see, though.

Another new death faction would also be nice. I'd really like to see an expanded deathrattle range. Maybe some archers, a catapult, a spellcaster. Maybe a bone giant or some chariots. I don't hold out a lot of hope for the return of tomb kings, but if deathrattle could be expanded such that most of the tomb kings units could be run 'counts as' style, that'd be good enough for me.

But that's all speculation. In the mean time, it's super cool to see an undead faction in the starter box, and these models look great. I especially love the mounted knight of shrouds. Gonna have a hard time rationing out my available hobby funds this month, between the starter set, the malign sorcery box, the inevitable nighthaunt battletome, the generals handbook, those fantastic looking banshees, etc.

Sorry if i should have made a new thread for this but when do preorders go up on US games workshop site? I see it on New Zealand. Also the GW about 2 and a half hours from here has preorder available in store but I don't really fancy driving up today just for that....