• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

New Nighthaunts

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Have you already seen the new ghosts? I can't say I like them all, but man, lots of them! In different shapes and kinds. Now that's something!

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
The Nighthaunt models and video are fantastic, especially with that eerie voice-over. I will definitely be buying that new Black Coach just for the model alone.

I really like it, didn't really like Nighthaunt as much before, but these new models really make me reconsider my opinion on them. There also seemed to be a new bigger character coming up? In the trailer there's this one shot of almost a silhouette kinda thing, maybe the voice-over lady could be hiding in there or something? Cause we almost have to get a model of her I think, don't we?

Yes these new models look great! Nighthaunt always seemed cool in thought, but the lack of variety kind of held them back for me. I shall be venturing into this undead release with renewed spirits! (hehehe) :ghost:

The hangman is my favorite!

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Likewise. GW is amazingly generous, who would have thought. Two elven factions and now two death books. At least it's something! Definitely will be buying some of the new stuff. Let's just hope fluff won't disappoint either.

Count michael

The Undead Sparky
Damn I love the new Death models they are so amazing; I also love they have released two new technical paints Nighthaunt Gloom and Hexwraith Flame which will make painting them so easy especially since I suck at painting ghostly effects
Wonder if there will be any vampires in the force or will it mostly all be ghost like units

Eyeless

Wight King
Amazing models! not to mention that we'll be getting the Mortarch of Grief as well! can't be more hyped!

It's interesting the fact that we already have nighthaunt units. I doubt the old units will not be included in the new battletome, so probably we will have things as banshees and spirit hosts that will have different abilities/ buffs if played within legions of Nagash or nighthaunt battletome

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Wonder if there will be any vampires in the force or will it mostly all be ghost like units
Only ghosts so far as the whole faction is about them. But I do hope vampires get their tome as well.
It's interesting the fact that we already have nighthaunt units. I doubt the old units will not be included in the new battletome, so probably we will have things as banshees and spirit hosts that will have different abilities/ buffs if played within legions of Nagash or nighthaunt battletome
that's certainly possible, and I hope they won't leave those units behind.

They look great. Nice thing is there is plenty there for some conversion work for cairn wraiths and such to. the mounted character looks nice also

El Syf

Crypt Horror
I know I joked about ditching legions of nagash for nighthaunt earlier in this thread, but I'm torn having spent many years and a fair bit of money collecting vampire counts as a whole unified force.
Now GW have rather effectively imo made an entire army out such a small sub faction, can you imagine if they manage to do this for the 4 others? (deadwalkers, Deathrattle, beasts of the grave and soulblight)
Okay beasts of the grave could be tricky but I wouldn't have said nighthaunt could be made into a full army, glad I didn't rage quit when the old world went kaput. :)

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
I think Deathrattle book is possible, and maybe deadwalkers plus deathmages. But I would want more the vampires, of course. Maybe it's all possible, but after two death books in a row I guess we won't be seeing anything death-related for a couple years again.

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
That's actually very possible too, I would expect that given that they release named characters as a dualkit with a usual hero.

Do you guys think the old Cairn Wraith model will from now on be a part of that Grimghast Reapers (the new guys with scythes) unit? I think he'd fit perfectly well there :)

I agree with you unas, the guardian figure is a must! This whole release so far shows lots of promise whether you play lots or just collect. I'm going to be broke again is what I believe.