• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

New to the Vampire Counts

I am new to the hobby and would appreciate some tips for a starting player. I started collecting miniatures back in August this year and I choose the vampire counts as my my army ‘cause they are fucking awesome.

The units I have as of writing this are...
- 1 Terrorghiest
- 3 Varghiests
- 10 skeleton warriors
- 1 Strigoi
- Vlad, Isabella, and Konrad von Carstien
- 2 cairn wraiths

I know I need more to my army (especially more skeletons) but I am just looking for army build tips and strategy tips for competing with my friends who have also started collecting their respective armies.

Also, I am looking at getting the “Blade of the Blood Queen” battleforce kit and am wondering which mortarch would be best to assemble at the state my army is in.

(P.S. I am going to use proxy’s a lot cause GW is pricey as shit.)

Attachments

I am new to the hobby and would appreciate some tips for a starting player. I started collecting miniatures back in August this year and I choose the vampire counts as my my army ‘cause they are fucking awesome.

The units I have as of writing this are...
- 1 Terrorghiest
- 3 Varghiests
- 10 skeleton warriors
- 1 Strigoi
- Vlad, Isabella, and Konrad von Carstien
- 2 cairn wraiths

I know I need more to my army (especially more skeletons) but I am just looking for army build tips and strategy tips for competing with my friends who have also started collecting their respective armies.

Also, I am looking at getting the “Blade of the Blood Queen” battleforce kit and am wondering which mortarch would be best to assemble at the state my army is in.

(P.S. I am going to use proxy’s a lot cause GW is pricey as shit.)

Welcome!

Thanks for welcoming me! I read your thread and noticed you needed to catch up on some lore. I would recommend watching “Arch Warhammers” videos on the vampire counts lire which is what I used to catch me up. You can also watch is videos to learn about other general aspects of the lore as well! You can find him on YouTube.

Thanks for welcoming me! I read your thread and noticed you needed to catch up on some lore. I would recommend watching “Arch Warhammers” videos on the vampire counts lire which is what I used to catch me up. You can also watch is videos to learn about other general aspects of the lore as well! You can find him on YouTube.

I'm actually very familiar with Arch Warhammer, but thank you for the suggestion! xD

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Hey there @NightlyHorror57 ! Welcome to the forums!

I would like to help with the army composition, but AoS is not my specialty - but we have plenty of helpful people who can help you get started. Be sure to visit "The Realm of Shyish" section, especially the 'To War!" forum, where you can find other related threads - and start your own too :)

Also,
(Lore not lire and his not is god dammit)
There is an 'edit' function below your post, you can fix such typos like that ;)

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Welcome to the forum :).

I haven't played enough Age of Sigmar to offer much in the way of advice, but there are certainly other members of the community who have, so have a read around the boards and I'm sure that you'll be able to find some answers. If not, by all mean ask, as sharing ideas is what we're here for :).

What I can say is that fielding a lot of characters makes for an overly top-heavy list, which isn't necessarily that effective. Skeletons and Grave Guard make for very solid infantry though, so initially I'd recommend looking into investing in more of them and reducing the number of characters

I'll join the welcome chorus.

Yeah, as said (and as you are already aware) you need more troops, be them skeletons, zombies or cavalry.
Regarding GW prices…. well, there are cheaper alternatives (mantic skeletons regiment, to name one), but of course not all of them can meet your tastes