• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

New Vampire Lord Builds

Aedin

Black Knight
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
381
#1
I will get this started with this idea here.

Vampire Lord
Barded Nightmare
Shield

Sword Of Swift Slaying
Armour Of Destiny
Dawnstone

Red Fury
Fear Incarnate
Beguile
Master Strike

LvL 4 caster upgrade

Cost 276 scaven slaves

To sum it up 2+ re-roll armor save with 4+ ward.
ASF with an I7 probably means you get to re-roll misses.
Good chance any challengers will be re-roll hits against a T5
And Heroic killing blow against large beasts witch can proc Red Fury attacks.

I think an unit upon himself Thumbs Up

What you guys think?
 

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
2,370
#3
Dreadknight
Quickblood
Red Fury

Talisman of Preservation
Other Trickster's Shard
Ogre Blade

Barded Nightmare, heavy armour, shield.
 
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
174
#4
quickblood
beguile
aura of dark majesty
dread knight

enchanted shield
heavy armor
ogre blade/sword of strife
talisman of preservation
 

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
2,374
#5
Beguile
Aura of Dark Majesty
Dread Knight
Fear Incarnate

Glittering Scales
Sword of Anti-Heres
Some ward save

Place in a unit with Screaming Banner. In challenge the opponent would need 6 to hit and have to re-roll successes (if he fails both Ld test) xD
 
Joined
Sep 28, 2011
Messages
279
#6
Nightshroud
Barded Nightmare
Heavy Armour
Shield
Dawnstone

Others for flavour. Gives you a 1+ rerollable armour save and no strength modifiers for weapons. Very little has a basic strength of more than 5, and most have 3/4 so that's a 2/3+ rerollable armour save in almost all occasions.
 
Joined
Oct 11, 2011
Messages
32
#7
Strigoi Ghoul King - lvl 1, Red Fury, Beguile, Dread Knight, Dragonbane Gem, Ogre Blade, The Other Trickster's Shard = 395

He'll also hang out near a Mortis Engine for extra Regen. Oh, and he's cheap enough that I can take a Master Necromancer as well.
 
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
36
#8
Im building my lord as a challenge machine. Vamp Lord with Quickblood and Red Fury bloodline traits, then Ogre Blade, Talisman of Endurance, Enchanted Shield, and the other tricksters shard.

alltogether 390 slaves, cheap enough for two necromancers or another vampire.
 
Joined
Feb 27, 2011
Messages
65
#9
Strigoi Ghoul King
-Terrorgeist
Powers
-Curse of the Revenant
-Aura of Dark Majesty
-Dreadknight
Gear
-Skabscrath
-Dragonbane Gem
-Potion of Strength

Double shrieking goodness combined with dark majesty to lower the leadership of the targets:)

Probably flying with another (rare choice) geist :)
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
212
#10
This is the first ever 8th edition vampire lord that I used today at 2000 pts.
Lvl 1
Red fury
quick blood
dread knight

sword of strife
night shroud armor
heavy armor.
400ish pts don't have my list on me. 7 str 5 attacks, not bad:rolleyes:.

Trust me, nobody can mess with this guy. I got vanhels off on him, yes just him cuz he charged out of a unit of 11 skeltons and met his 50 man strong zombie unit in combat vs my buddies grey seer, bsb, warlock enginneer in a 50man bunker of clan rats. He alone killed 14 clan rats :innocent: (after he declined my challenge). I hit with all attacks both times around with rerolls, didnt roll any 1's to wound. The skaven player who, on turn 1, converted my 20 man unit of GG and nerco into clan rats, said "I'm done" and walked out of the room after his general and all his characters got chased down by my lord:konrad:, zombies didnt run fast enough to catch their meal:zombie:. Talk about an Om Nom Nom! moment :suck:

I have to say it was nice to mess the skaven players day up after he destroyed a GG unit with necro that was worth just as much as my vampire lord. Fighty VC lord is back, glad they gave our lords better stats. Can't wait to try the other end of the spectrum with a necro lord next time :thumbsup:
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
43
#11
drmooreflava said:
This is the first ever 8th edition vampire lord that I used today at 2000 pts.
Lvl 1
Red fury
quick blood
dread knight

sword of strife
night shroud armor
heavy armor.
400ish pts don't have my list on me. 7 str 5 attacks, not bad:rolleyes:.
you can't have 2 sets of armor, with that said

My Lord
LV1
Red Fury
Quick Blood

Heavy armor
Barded Nighmare

Obsidion Blade
Charmed Shield
Talisman of Endurance (5+ Ward)
Other Tricksters shard

Used him today he was a murder machine vs Warrors of Choas
 

Yorga

Vampire Count
True Blood
Joined
Apr 7, 2011
Messages
1,850
#12
Zombieboy said:
Strigoi Ghoul King
-Terrorgeist
Powers
-Curse of the Revenant
-Aura of Dark Majesty
-Dreadknight
Gear
-Skabscrath
-Dragonbane Gem
-Potion of Strength

Double shrieking goodness combined with dark majesty to lower the leadership of the targets:)

Probably flying with another (rare choice) geist :)
I came up with almost the same build. A very expensive vamp and it will not fit in the lord alotment for a 2500 point army. I would get rid of Dread Knight and the potion of strength. You just don't need them. But you are right...double Shriek...SCAREY! :vampire3:
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
212
#13
Krell Mordain said:
drmooreflava said:
This is the first ever 8th edition vampire lord that I used today at 2000 pts.
Lvl 1
Red fury
quick blood
dread knight

sword of strife
night shroud armor
heavy armor.
400ish pts don't have my list on me. 7 str 5 attacks, not bad:rolleyes:.
you can't have 2 sets of armor, with that said

My Lord
LV1
Red Fury
Quick Blood

Heavy armor
Barded Nighmare

Obsidion Blade
Charmed Shield
Talisman of Endurance (5+ Ward)
Other Tricksters shard

Used him today he was a murder machine vs Warrors of Choas
So what, heavy armor gets negated, waste of 5pts :slapface:.

Anyway with the way the vampire lords perform, armor isn't a big deal. Why no dreadknight? 10pts for WS4 models to hit on 5s.
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
43
#14
drmooreflava said:
So what, heavy armor gets negated, waste of 5pts :slapface:.

Anyway with the way the vampire lords perform, armor isn't a big deal. Why no dreadknight? 10pts for WS4 models to hit on 5s.
why would 2+ armor not be useful? i made all but one armor save today and got lucky enough to save it on the ward.

today was my first two game with the new book was trying alot of new things out. I didn't use dreadknight as I was not convinced i needed it. I was correct I killed countless warriors, 2 exalted hearos and 2 choas dwarf cannons with him.

I think I'll add fear incarnate
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
212
#15
Krell Mordain said:
drmooreflava said:
So what, heavy armor gets negated, waste of 5pts :slapface:.

Anyway with the way the vampire lords perform, armor isn't a big deal. Why no dreadknight? 10pts for WS4 models to hit on 5s.
why would 2+ armor not be useful? i made all but one armor save today and got lucky enough to save it on the ward.

today was my first two game with the new book was trying alot of new things out. I didn't use dreadknight as I was not convinced i needed it. I was correct I killed countless warriors, 2 exalted hearos and 2 choas dwarf cannons with him.
cuz with the magic lore and vampire special rule "the Hunger" , you are healing yourself all the time, yes "the hunger" is somewhat unreliable.
 

Dreadgrass

Necromancer
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
847
#16
For a 2500pt army (ie. max 625pts)

Maydrek the Deformed(Ghoul king)

Mount - Fusrodah(Terrorgheist)

Powers - Aura of Dark Majesty, Beguile, Dreadknight

Magic Items - Skabscarth, Dragonbane Gem

Keep near a Mortis engine and behind some Crypt Horrors for the 1st few turns (Crypt horrors will make great cannon screens for large beasties I think, ala trolls in WoC)

A little more fragile then I would've liked, all powers could be swapped for Curse of the Revenant also (which would benefit his Deathshriek as well...) Beguile with -4LD combined with WS8 courtesy of Dreadknight should mess with any combat characters, Dragonbane gem to help cover regen's weakness, plus the lore attribute/ IoN for healing.
On the attack, we have 2 screams (which can be used in combat as well), 4 WS3, S5 attacks from the Gheist (+S5 Thunderstomp) and 6 (7 on the charge) WS8, S5, flaming, re-rolling to hit attacks from the rider. Only drawback is he looses his poison, but oh well.
 

Aedin

Black Knight
Joined
Oct 23, 2011
Messages
381
#17
Krell Mordain said:
drmooreflava said:
This is the first ever 8th edition vampire lord that I used today at 2000 pts.
Lvl 1
Red fury
quick blood
dread knight

sword of strife
night shroud armor
heavy armor.
400ish pts don't have my list on me. 7 str 5 attacks, not bad:rolleyes:.
you can't have 2 sets of armor, with that said

My Lord
LV1
Red Fury
Quick Blood

Heavy armor
Barded Nighmare

Obsidion Blade
Charmed Shield
Talisman of Endurance (5+ Ward)
Other Tricksters shard

Used him today he was a murder machine vs Warrors of Choas
I don't see any restrictions on armor this way> you cant wear heave armor and another chest armor for example. But you can wear heavy armor and the dragonhelm. So i don't see why a shroud would not be allowed over mundane equipment.
 

HERO

Wight King
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
434
#18
I have 2 builds right now:

Vampire Lord
Red Fury, Quickblood
Dragonhelm, Ogre Blade, 4+ Ward, Potion of Foolhardiness
Heavy Armor, Shield, on a barded horse

I take him like this because it gives me all the bonuses of Red Fury while allowing me to fit a Lv.3 Master Necro w/ Book of Arkhan in a 2500 pt game :) 623/625 exactly!

My other is a scary lord..

Ghoul King
Red Fury
Sword of Bloodshed, Potion of Strength, Dragonbane Gem

Cheap as it gets and incredibly effective. Has 8 S8 attacks with WS6 and Infinite Hatred, Red Fury just makes this thing nasty!
Have it sit next to a Mortis Engine for extra fun.
 
Joined
Jan 15, 2012
Messages
3
#19
MC Hammerlord:
Vampirelord: Red fury, Beguile, Aura of dark majesty, Dreadknight, Sword of bloodshed, The other trickster's shard, Glittering scales, mounted on zombiedragon.


8 str 5 attacks + redfury, enemy rerolls succesful wardsaves (his mount also benefit from this). Even enemies with ws10 hits him with only 6's, and if he doesn't pass his ld test on -4 he must reroll succesful hits :) Get him in the area of Vanhel's and watch him rip 15+ Bloodletters per COMBAT PHASE not including breathweapon. Not the cheapest or most cost efficient but should be fun to try out and gives reason to buy that new zombie dragon kit.
 
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
43
#20
Aedin said:
I don't see any restrictions on armor this way> you cant wear heave armor and another chest armor for example. But you can wear heavy armor and the dragonhelm. So i don't see why a shroud would not be allowed over mundane equipment.
correct because Helms and Shields are different
 
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
115
#21
Was really look to make a decent Save Vampire on foot that can still hit:

Vampire Lord
Level you choose
Redfury
Quickblood
Beguile/Dread Knight/Nothing to save points
Great Weapon
Armour of Silvered Steel
Talisman of Preservation

5 re-rollable, (ASF), S7 Red Fury attacks, not Buckets of attacks but should do 6-8 wounds and if he's in a Skeleton/Zombie bunker that should be enough to tip Combat it your favour.

Leaving Enchanted Shield and Horsey for a normal Vampire to run with the Knights.
 

_Revan_

Black Knight
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
306
#22
Crypt Keeper said:
Was really look to make a decent Save Vampire on foot that can still hit:

Vampire Lord
Level you choose
Redfury
Quickblood
Beguile/Dread Knight/Nothing to save points
Great Weapon
Armour of Silvered Steel
Talisman of Preservation

5 re-rollable, (ASF), S7 Red Fury attacks, not Buckets of attacks but should do 6-8 wounds and if he's in a Skeleton/Zombie bunker that should be enough to tip Combat it your favour.

Leaving Enchanted Shield and Horsey for a normal Vampire to run with the Knights.
One thing that will be important to know, is that your Lord wont have re-rolls to Hit, and will not always strike first either. The Always Strikes Last from the Great Weapon puts a little wrench in the works, but he does strike at his normal Initiative with it.
 
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
115
#23
_Revan_ said:
Crypt Keeper said:
Was really look to make a decent Save Vampire on foot that can still hit:

Vampire Lord
Level you choose
Redfury
Quickblood
Beguile/Dread Knight/Nothing to save points
Great Weapon
Armour of Silvered Steel
Talisman of Preservation

5 re-rollable, (ASF), S7 Red Fury attacks, not Buckets of attacks but should do 6-8 wounds and if he's in a Skeleton/Zombie bunker that should be enough to tip Combat it your favour.

Leaving Enchanted Shield and Horsey for a normal Vampire to run with the Knights.
One thing that will be important to know, is that your Lord wont have re-rolls to Hit, and will not always strike first either. The Always Strikes Last from the Great Weapon puts a little wrench in the works, but he does strike at his normal Initiative with it.
Ah! True, sorry I've been playing High Elves for too long where their ASF allows them to use Great Weapons and have all benefits of ASF no matter the weapon, (or as it should be Always Strike First Always), it's in their rulebook stating no mater the weapon they get all benefits, pesky High Elves.

In which case 2 hand weapons wouldn't be bad, that way it'll be 6 re-rollable S5 hits, even better for chopping up troops.
 

_Revan_

Black Knight
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
306
#24
Ah yes, I know the feeling.

Agreed, that Lord would be pretty awesome against units... Konrad would be a great model for it xD . Its good to see that basically every Vampiric Power is useful (jury is still out on Master Strike), and our Magic Items are solid.
 
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
212
#25
_Revan_ said:
Ah yes, I know the feeling.

Agreed, that Lord would be pretty awesome against units... Konrad would be a great model for it xD . Its good to see that basically every Vampiric Power is useful (jury is still out on Master Strike), and our Magic Items are solid.
master strike with HV might be decent at best if you come across a HPA or the likes.
 
Top