• Got some models to paint? Want to do it as a challenge in a group who help and encourage each other? Join our Tale of Painters - Third Edition. Any models, any army!

New zombiegame on the way

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
I just wanted to share this game that is being released this year, if anyone has missed it.

The game is called Dead Island.
LINK TO AWESOME

It is basically a survival horror fps game including loads and loads of zombies!

Welcome to the Island of Banoi!
The player is drawn into the world of Dead Island on the brink of a mysterious epidemic that suddenly, and without warning, breaks out on the fictional island of Banoi. As a guest of the Royal Palms Resort, the player's stay was supposed to be a dream holiday; a luxurious getaway to the beautiful beaches of a tropical paradise. But faced with the reality of a zombie apocalypse, there is only one thing left to do: Survive.

This is Dead Island... a paradise to die for.

Check it out, I was planning on getting it and since it is a 4 player coop perhaps some CN gamerheads would be interested in maiming some zombies when it is released!?

TMS

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
I hadn't seen this yet, and it certainly looks interesting. Thanks for sharing. :)

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Wait... is this... Darvy AGREEING with MS?:happy:
Oh, and I have heard about this game, but only from Literal. It seemed just that little bit too... ... well, considering what type of game it is I don't really have to spend time looking for the right word.
But it is a bit too ... for me.

edited for massive overuse of smilies - Boo

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
A bit too? Well I think it is looking absolutely awesome, perhaps very gruesome but still awesome.

The melee combat looks so intense! Punching your way out of a stranglehold from some long dead surfer. ;)

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Harland said:
Wait... is this... Darvy AGREEING with MS?:happy:

By chance, this would appear true. However, note that MS said it "certainly looks interesting" whilst I said "definitely looks cool". Also note how I agreed with Boo's link-title. So really, MS is agreeing with me. xD

And I didn't see how many smileys there were before Boo edited them, but heck there must've been a lot...

How have you seen gameplay, Boo? I couldn't find any, (Admittedly I barely looked!).

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
Count Darvaleth said:
How have you seen gameplay, Boo? I couldn't find any, (Admittedly I barely looked!).

the gameplay seems like they have imported zombies into far cry 2 and messed with the HUD a little. The initial release trailer had me really intrigued but it appears that the actual game might not be able to live up to it. Also, I'd like to know how they plan on operating a 4 player co-op open world- open questing style of gameplay.

EDIT: I had a gameplay video but i cant seem to find it

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Well I do not agree with you lynks, I was quite impressed by the gameplay. I really liked how it looks, so far! And the HUD is something you can turn off.

Here is the gameplay: LINK AND ZELDA

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
It looks awesome! Love the gameplay, the graphics are beautiful.

Another dumb question, will this be for the PC, or...?

I loved the weapon combos, the electrical machetes are especially stylish.

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Pc Xbox and Playstation. I think!

The gameplay vid atleast give's away the xbox. when he are about to pick up stuff an icon of the blue xbox button X appears. :)

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
That's brilliant, I have an xbox. Glad I didn't get hyped up about it just for it to be only on the PS3 or something.

It does look awesome. But why would he get OUT of the car? It seemed unstoppable. :slapface: And he kept throwing his weapons, I'd never be so careless with my survival tools when fighting hordes of zombies. Sure, I might have one designated as "throwing axe" but the rest I'm gonna hold on to. :tongue:

Boo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Indeed! The car looks awesome, and I really like how they have gone in to detail when the zombies get close to you and try and bite you, so you have to wrestle them! if you are bitten, you will die, I think!

4 person coop on xboxlive would be pretty cool! ;)

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
You have an xbox? I'm Sneaky Trumpet, I better add you. We can buy it (and DoN as well) and play against the zombies... although really we should play with them. :vampire3:

Perhaps see how long we can last alone? Winner gets CN zombies from the losers? :tongue:

Librarian

Zombie
There is no way that game can carry the emotional impact of that excellent cinematic trailer, when I first saw it a couple of months ago I was really impressed by it, but I am still looking forward to see what the finished game will be like.